GDT: Game 43 1/17 7:37 PM - Claude returns to Causeway Street | NBCSN, SN, RDS, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 690 CKGM-AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
NHLBruins

Adam McQuaid may be getting back into the lineup. Miller not skating, second day in a row.

I cannot wait to see Quaider!! Hope he has a HUGE game!!!! (If he plays):highclap::highclap::highclap:

Get better Miller.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
This is why it's great to have depth like McQuaid. Kevan Miller is still a GTD since he's dealing with an illness, but he's considered doubtful. It's nice knowing you don't have to throw an ill Miller in there since you have McQuaid.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Some current and former Bruin players reflect on Julien's time in Boston.

from sportsnet.ca:

Patrice Bergeron (2003-current)

SN: What was the biggest thing Claude did to help you win?

Bergeron: He kept us accountable, kept us focused on the system, and he taught us to play the right way.

SN: Does any specific memory of the 2011 Cup run come to mind when you think of him?

Bergeron: There was a lot.

We went down 2-0 to Montreal and there was a lot of talk about him getting fired. It was the kind of noise we were able to ignore because he took us to Lake Placid, N.Y., and put us in a bubble. You could say that decision solidified the team. We talked about the USA Miracle team of 1980 while there. That reinforced to us that you’re never out of it—even if you’re down a couple of games. We all came together. It was a great move.

SN: Did you reach out to Claude after he was fired 11 months ago?

Bergeron: I spoke on the phone with him. We didn’t get together, but obviously I reached out to thank him for everything he did for my career and talked about the things we accomplished together as a team. At that time he obviously didn’t talk about going somewhere else. He was excited about spending more time with his family.

I wasn’t surprised when he got a job a week later.

Full story: www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/bruins-past-present-reflect-julien-coach/?shawct=1

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Claude Julien only has ‘good things to say’ about his time in Boston

The Bruins will surely put up a video tribute on the scoreboard that will likely stir up some old emotions, just don’t expect those emotions to come from netminder Tuukka Rask.

“He was not playing a shift on the ice, so it doesn’t really matter. He was coaching, so it was nothing special,” said Rask, per NBC Sports Boston.

Julien admitted he hasn’t necessarily thought about the reaction he’ll get from Boston fans once he returns to TD Garden, but he hopes it’s a positive one. Even if he gets booed out of the building, he said that it won’t change the positive view he has of the city of its fans.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
McQuaid is a beauty, I am excited he gets a chance to get back in the line-up.

I would cycle through a couple of guys if they have a bad game or on back to backs when they get tired.

Huge win tonight keep the point streak alive!!!!
After being out for so long you can't expect Adam to have the timing down. I bet he remembers how to squish Habs though....maybe we will see that Quaider grin...you know the one I mean...the not so friendly one. :naughty:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Claude Julien only has ‘good things to say’ about his time in Boston

The Bruins will surely put up a video tribute on the scoreboard that will likely stir up some old emotions, just don’t expect those emotions to come from netminder Tuukka Rask.

“He was not playing a shift on the ice, so it doesn’t really matter. He was coaching, so it was nothing special,” said Rask, per NBC Sports Boston.

Julien admitted he hasn’t necessarily thought about the reaction he’ll get from Boston fans once he returns to TD Garden, but he hopes it’s a positive one. Even if he gets booed out of the building, he said that it won’t change the positive view he has of the city of its fans.
I doubt he will bet booed. I would not be pleased if any fans boo him.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just keep Millsy away until he's over whatever he's got.

The flu that is going around is just awful.
I have to see how many water bottles have player #'s on them tonight.

I would bet if one of them is sick others are too.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
As a long time Julien cynic, I will be pretty pissed if anybody boos him tonight.

If anything, he did the Bruins a favor by going to the Habs so we should be nothing but happy.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
After being out for so long you can't expect Adam to have the timing down. I bet he remembers how to squish Habs though....maybe we will see that Quaider grin...you know the one I mean...the not so friendly one. :naughty:

Out of anyone in the lineup I am excited to see McQuaid squish a couple Habs the most.

He brings back the old school defense-man style that I grew up loving, tough as nails and mean, it will be great to see him on the ice again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have to see how many water bottles have player #'s on them tonight.

I would bet if one of them is sick others are too.
No doubt.

Whatever is going around is real nasty and this weather certainly isn't helping

I need to get my flu shot this weekend because I don't want what is going around.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No doubt.

Whatever is going around is real nasty and this weather certainly isn't helping

I need to get my flu shot this weekend because I don't want what is going around.
I never get the flu shot. A bunch of folks I work with are sick and most of them got the shot. I guess is isn't as effective as they had hoped due to a different strain of flu. It is nasty.

Unfortunately many come to work sick. You need to stay home to stay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad