Game #42: Kings vs. Blues - 1/2/2013 - Regulation Loss, 5-0

KingKopitar11*

Reporter: " Coach sutter what do you think about the loss tonight?"

Sutter: ....(mumble)... "Uh yeah Jonesy was playing pretty bad, I don't think I'd lose any sleep over this game either,...(mumble) I have a tempurpedic mattress. "

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Officially the worst loss of the season. Made even worse by a LAK insider article I read where lombardi basically said he's not thinking about trades just yet. please please please #freemartinez, send brown to mr. miyagi high in a japanese mountain, get a ****ing left winger, and lets get it together for playoffs. Only bright side, at least our losing streak is in the middle of the season and not the end. The kings willl bounce back, but this is not a Cup calibur team.

Also find a partner for DD, Muzzin is dragging his game down.

Also have richards be quarterback on the PP

Also send Muzzin out of town.

**** man. I miss the piece.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If someone could link the sutter pressed or give a synopsis I would be grateful. Had to leave for a bit :(

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
the only positive thing from tonight's game was this "gem"

BdBlVO1CMAEKCSh.jpg

KingKopitar11*

Officially the worst loss of the season. Made even worse by a LAK insider article I read where lombardi basically said he's not thinking about trades just yet. please please please #freemartinez, send brown to mr. miyagi high in a japanese mountain, get a ****ing left winger, and lets get it together for playoffs. Only bright side, at least our losing streak is in the middle of the season and not the end. The kings willl bounce back, but this is not a Cup calibur team.

Also find a partner for DD, Muzzin is dragging his game down.

Also have richards be quarterback on the PP

Also send Muzzin out of town.

**** man. I miss the piece.

DL has more important things to do. He really wants Yandle on the US roster..
Priorities man.:sarcasm:

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Well Richards- Brown- Williams had essentially third line minutes and unless these 3 get going at some level, what's left will be a long season. Reminds me of the Stanley Cup team; scraped into the 8th seed with absolutely little or no scoring thru the year. Just a bunch of muckers and grinders with great goal-tending by Quick. Not so sure that formula will work this year.

I'd still re-institute the lines which brought success earlier in the season and does anybody have any stats as to the offensive production of the bottom six forwards (whoever they are) as to the top six over the past 20 games? I'd bet its 0% to 100% and that's a major problem.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
i want to see Sutter's press conference

Can't have access to it. Please let us know the "explanation" he is going to give for withdrawing Jones. Should have simply called a time out and regrouped and refocused. The team was still in the game, had had much more opportunities since the beginning of the game. Instead, he takes the goalie out and crushes not only his confidence but the whole team. Sutter seems more and more desperate and incoherent lately. Has the aura of Murray laid on him????

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

:laugh:Wow I don't know whether to laugh or take it serious. But this is freakin hilarious. Knew we where gonna go on a losing streak it always happens every year. Better sooner then later. But realistically look who we have as our players:

Forwards
Kopitar - Skill
Carter - Sniper
Williams - grinder/some skills
Richards - playmaker
Brown - grinder(don't know what's happened to this guy)
King - grinder
Toffoli - young/skill
Clifford - grinder/no skill
Nolan - grinder/ no skill
Lewis - grinder/ no skill
Stool - grinder/no skill
Frattin - grinder/no skill

When we are on our game it's hard to beat us but when we suck it's sticks out like a sore thumb! We literally lack a lot of skills like the Hawks, Blues, Aves, Sharks, Pens, even the Ducks. Too many grinders in my honest opinion. Not gonna win if we have basically three lines of grinders and Kopitar and Carter. I always say we seriously lack a lot of skill for a long time. Anyone agree.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
So, the way we have been playing sure makes it look like we need some quick turnaround. DS had sure better get back ahold of his team and in a hurry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad