GDT: Game 42: Columbus at Florida | 1/14 7PM

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The world is coming to an end. How dare we lose again. We will never win again. This team is horrible. Send everyone to Cleveland or trade them the all.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I knew our streak wouldn't last but damn we didn't have to crash so hard. And Potvin can suck it too, yokel

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Disastrous road trip to drop 2 games thanks to poor goaltending.

I don't think goaltending was the main issue. Inconsistent effort was the problem. As usual, they turned it up in the last of the 3rd but tonight it was just too late. They just can't have these 10 minute effort lapses. Florida had a lot of quality shots on goal. That usually means losses.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
All in all, probably deserved to drop that one with the countless penalties and terrible D play.. not going to put that one on Korpisalo.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The "first line" needs to start playing like the First Line is supposed to play.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I knew our streak wouldn't last but damn we didn't have to crash so hard. And Potvin can suck it too, yokel

I expected a lull but not a full on crash. Perhaps HF and the haters were right about the luck.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If you attribute tonight's loss to bad goaltending you clearly don't understand hockey. I'm not saying Korpi was great, however...There were so many Breakdowns tonight that it is surprising we lost by only one goal

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
If you attribute tonight's loss to bad goaltending you clearly don't understand hockey. I'm not saying Korpi was great, however...There were so many Breakdowns tonight that is surprising we lost by only one goal
Goals 2 and 4 were terrible softies. Despite everything else, if Korpisalo makes those basic saves it's 2 points for the Jackets.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
More like crappy goaltending. We have to upgrade that position asap

That odd angle goal was tough to watch, but Korpi prevented this game from being a blowout. The guys in front of him looked tired and played lazily. Equal blame all the way around outside of Johnson and Savard, who both had strong games.

Wennberg hasn't been at all impressive recently. Need him to step his game up.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Lately this team often hasn't begun playing its game until a goal is scored on them. During the streak they were mostly playing ahead. Last few games they've been playing behind a lot.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Yes, we're aware other teams are closing the gap. That was your point, right? I would hope you aren't excusing bad play based on our position. "Oh, well we're still in the top 8 so we'll make the playoffs. **** cheering for the team to be the best it can be"

Nope you missed the point. The OP said we are crashing and you said the same in an earlier post. We have never had a huge lead over either Pittsburgh, Washington or the NY Rangers. And yet they still lead the league in points. How is that crashing.

We all want our team to be the best and win every game. It's not possible.

And in case you missed my post from before, this is all that I'm saying.

It's not really the negativity or criticism. It's definitely warranted at times. It's the complete over the top ******** that's completely ****ing annoying.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
A little bit upset with this loss..

1. Brutal turnover by Nutivaara. Had another poor game today. I expect a healthy scratch coming on Tuesday, which may be warranted.

2. I think our 2nd string Power Play is stronger the last couple games, but our 1st string has been rather poor again. One, I feel like we are poor on faceoffs which lead to an easy clear of the zone to start it out. Two, I think the "book" is written on how to slow down our power play entry and setup as well after we lose the draw.

3. I need to see a bit more out of our 1st line forwards.

4. Korpisalo didn't have a terrible game, considering all of the poor/disjointed play from us tonight.. But, He still didn't solidify himself as #2 goalie here tonight. Feel like he should have made an extra save or two honestly. That's why I wanted to slow down the talk of Korpi's great play after last night. He still gets a couple more games up here, but I would like to see a bit more out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad