GDT: Game 42: Columbus at Florida | 1/14 7PM

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A couple rookies cost us tonight but that's how it goes. The team as a whole played alright. Not their best but nothing worth the flaggelation so many "fans" here seem to want to give. The team showed some good fire in the scrums, and best of all Murray is looking lethal from the point. His vision is so good it was just his skating holding him back. Just might need to see if someone else can step in to the lineup for Nuti.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Nope you missed the point. The OP said we are crashing and you said the same in an earlier post. We have never had a huge lead over either Pittsburgh, Washington or the NY Rangers. And yet they still lead the league in points. How is that crashing.

We all want our team to be the best and win every game. It's not possible.

And in case you missed my post from before, this is all that I'm saying.

I'm sure you noted the sarcasm. Our current position doesn't mean a damn thing. "How is that crashing?". Open your eyes. Rewind a couple of weeks and let's compare & contrast, shall we? We may not have suffered a giant drop in the standings but with this play that will only be a function of time. Do I expect this crash to last forever? No, but I expect the team to right itself before we really hurt ourselves. I don't really care what your assessment of "over the top" means since most people tend to take the self-righteous position that they are the measure with statements like that.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We have lost 4 out of 5, that is pretty close to crashing.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I think once this team gets desparate they start playing and carrying the action. They go into too many long lulls in the 2nd and earlier in the third. I think Florida just outplayed them from an effort and attention to detail standpoint. Columbus didn't really deserve to win, and you need to match effort and win these games against beat up teams.

BTW, that was a great play by Jones at the very end to drive that puck around the net, complete with a quality pass into the crease area. I think one of our better skill guys like Saad would've buried it but Jenner missed it. Goalie was beaten.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm sure you noted the sarcasm. Our current position doesn't mean a damn thing. "How is that crashing?". Open your eyes. Rewind a couple of weeks and let's compare & contrast, shall we? We may not have suffered a giant drop in the standings but with this play that will only be a function of time. Do I expect this crash to last forever? No, but I expect the team to right itself before we really hurt ourselves. I don't really care what your assessment of "over the top" means since most people tend to take the self-righteous position that they are the measure with statements like that.

:laugh:

8 people out of 80 who voted in the Where Will the CBJ Finish in the Metro Division thread picked this team to finish in the top 3. I picked them to finish in 7th. CBJWennberg10 picked this team to come in last place. And now this same poster expects that they play a perfect game and win every time.

There are a couple of posters in the GDT's that make outrageous over the top posts. I'm not the only one that points this out. And I'm going to continue to call them out. And there is a really nice feature on this site that allows you the privilege of ignoring self-righteous people like me. Feel free to use it.

I'm completely satisfied where this team is right now. I thought they would be terrible. They are not. Making the playoffs would make me happy. If they don't I will still wake up happy tomorrow, disappointed but happy and I will continue to follow the team as I always have since day one.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I would like to thank those for the well wishes I just got home a few hours ago and the back is feeling pretty good considering it was just fused haha. I haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet and I missed the game so can anyone give me a very brief summary if it was a good game just coming up short or of we really deserved the loss. I heard from a buddy Nutivaara gave up a breakaway goal and Korpisalo was a little iffy.

The one thing about the past few games that is b3coming evident is that Bob is so much more important to this team then any other player. If anything us losing these past few games along with still doing well offensively and defensively it should not only raise his Vezna chances but elevate him into the Hart because it is supposed to be the most valuable player to your team that without him you would not be the same team and this year it doesn't seem like any player has had as much impact on their teams w/l record.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
4 of 6. They beat Tampa last night and Philly on Sunday.

yes, 4 of 6, and 3 of those losses are with back up goalies that haven't performed well enough.

I hoped we had moved beyond the phase of relying on Bob, but I have my doubts after the last 2 weeks.

So, like many other good teams, we are only going to go as far as our goalie can take us.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Beat ourselves with turnovers and softies. Our play is very concerning.

How can you say anything of the play if you only count in the outcomes? Bit more descriptive would be nice.

I think this speak of momentums and such is only consumed to take focus off the actual play and what might be wrong with structure of the play. Seems to work for some. Tortorella does not arrive to the press conference with the golden goose. This board has come nowhere near of actually identifying the secret of success. Now would be a chance to at least attempt otherwise it is just depressive and cynical in nature, involving very little touch-sensitive coating when it comes to ice hockey.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
It's hard to play rebounds when guys are lucky to hit the backwall. Several times last night rushes ended with errant shots.

Johnny Jacket

Jun 17, 2014
A couple rookies cost us tonight but that's how it goes. The team as a whole played alright. Not their best but nothing worth the flaggelation so many "fans" here seem to want to give. The team showed some good fire in the scrums, and best of all Murray is looking lethal from the point. His vision is so good it was just his skating holding him back. Just might need to see if someone else can step in to the lineup for Nuti.

Agreed. It's time our d gets harder to play against. Enter D. Prout!:nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Agreed. It's time our d gets harder to play against. Enter D. Prout!:nod:

I think you might be right. Prout has been good this year. And I'd rather he was out there than Nuti last night, not just for the turnover goal, but the Jagr goal too. We had Nutivaara trying to clear the crease, and Jagr doesn't even feel it. :shakehead

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I think this witch hunt after every loss is not exactly what you should thrive towards to while at the same neglecting the far more meaningful, larger block concepts of play which are pretty much unquestioned and unspoken in this same culture of speech. Of course the people here cannot do much but ask for that from themselves also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad