GDT: Game 41: Sharks @ Maple Leafs 4:00pm NBCSCA

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Say what you will about Boughner but he was much better than Quinn.
I will give Quinn props for at least acknowledging that pinning Karlsson on the blueline to just shoot from the point was a waste, unlike Boughner.

Either way, Boughner and Quinn are not NHL calibre coaches.

Quinn probably thinks putting him on a line with Kunin is chance to jumpstart him.
Quinn thinks Kunin is one of the best players on this team, when the reality is that he should be scratched before Labanc (who isn't remotely good).

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I will give Quinn props for at least acknowledging that pinning Karlsson on the blueline to just shoot from the point was a waste, unlike Boughner.

Either way, Boughner and Quinn are not NHL calibre coaches.

Quinn thinks Kunin is one of the best players on this team, when the reality is that he should be scratched before Labanc (who isn't remotely good).

Quinn loves Kunin the way DeBoer loved Melker Karlsson. Every coach has one of these guys on their roster.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Quinn probably thinks putting him on a line with Kunin is chance to jumpstart him.
No, but he’s reminding him that he’s gotta earn top line minutes and shouldn’t be automatically given them because of his draft pedigree. He’s been playing very uninspiring hockey during this stretch.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Nope. They're not.

Quinn has a better roster than what the Hawks have, yet aren't seeing the same level of performance.

Boughner and Quinn have failed elsewhere too.
I mean they’re both awful teams that are both bottom 3 in GA and GF. It’s a little bewildering how underwhelming guys like Duclair have been.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I mean they’re both awful teams that are both bottom 3 in GA and GF. It’s a little bewildering how underwhelming guys like Duclair have been.
The Hawks currently have more salary on the IR than available to play. They're still 3-6-1 in their last 10, and haven't come close to a 10 game losing streak - let alone two. Their goal differential is also almost 30 better than the Sharks in the same amount of games.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Cas

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
The Hawks currently have more salary on the IR than available to play. They're still 3-6-1 in their last 10, and haven't come close to a 10 game losing streak - let alone two. Their goal differential is also almost 30 better than the Sharks in the same amount of games.
That's because when healthy they have Seth Jones and Connor Murphy who are head and shoulders above any defenseman on the Sharks.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
They’ve scored like 13 more and given up like 14 less. They both stink, except Chicago was singlehandedly kept afloat by Bedard. Chicago also has one single win streak over 1 game (2).

Frankly, you remove those two 10-1,10-2 games and they’re basically dead even.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That kind of shift is what I want to see more of from Eklund. Attack the net directly instead of trying to play a skill game.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I get the need to tank for a draft pick, but is this fun? I'm not having fun watching this team. I feel like I need to break my habit of watching teams/sports as a chore rather than a form of entertainment. This Sharks team offers nothing of value and I'm surprised Couture is actually going to come back to this. He should sit out the year.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
That's because when healthy they have Seth Jones and Connor Murphy who are head and shoulders above any defenseman on the Sharks.
Seth Jones has played 27 games.
Connor Murphy is a -17 and has an xGF% of 43.13%, which puts him at a similar level to Ferraro, Burroughs on the Sharks.

Any other excuses?

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I bet my buddy who is a hardcore leaf fan 20 bucks on each of these two games. As stupid as that sounds, he was betting me 20 bucks each game they played against each other when the Leafs were rebuilding so I figured I’d give him the same treatment and pay him the 40 bucks.

• Haha

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I think we might want to consider that the Blackhawks are just legitimately a more talented team than we are (even if they are really awful), regardless of what the names on the back of the jerseys might lead you to believe.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Seth Jones has played 27 games.
Connor Murphy is a -17 and has an xGF% of 43.13%, which puts him at a similar level to Ferraro, Burroughs on the Sharks.

Any other excuses?
So you agree they have iced a much better defense corps than the Sharks this season. Yet are still only 5 points ahead due in no small part to Quinn's coaching.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
So you agree they have iced a much better defense corps than the Sharks this season. Yet are still only 5 points ahead due in no small part to Quinn's coaching.
Ferraro and Burroughs are not near the best D on this Sharks team. So to be compared to them is not a good thing.

Jones has missed significant time, and they've been able to manage fine.

Add to that the Hawks don't have Hall or Perry for extended time, and their top six (sans Bedard) is Pitlick, Kurashev, Raddysh, Blackwell, Dickinson, and Joey Anderson.

If you honestly believe the Hawks have a better on-ice roster - you're delusional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad