GDT: Game 41: Preds @ Avs | 1 PM MT | Predators and Other Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok, this gif just made me spit my water out all over my desk lol. Army was probably like, "Bro, I don't even have a clue as to what's going on".

That last part where Army does a funny face impression almost looks like it was directed towards Bednar. It's like he was making a sarcastic impression of Bednar saying something, then he walks away from him frustrated hahaha.

So what else can fell apart on this team? The Pepsi Center jumbotron falls down on the ice?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That last part where Army does a funny face impression almost looks like it was directed towards Bednar. It's like he was making a sarcastic impression of Bednar saying something, then he walks away from him frustrated hahaha.

So what else can fell apart on this team? The Pepsi Center jumbotron falls down on the ice?

I think ECHL goon Bednar would have come out if that was the case. Wouldnt be the first time an assistant coach disrespected the head coach publicly on this team. Im sure we all remember Tochetts "yah yah watever" hand wave to Granatool.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

Nah, I don't think it was aimed towards Bednar.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Could have been in the locker room

The Bednar barking at MacKinnon before he missed a couple of shifts part, seems to suggest it's at the bench...

Regardless... I'm not looking forward to reigniting that discussion about MacKinnon barking at other players from a week or so ago. This is fuel for that fire.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
The Bednar barking at MacKinnon before he missed a couple of shifts part, seems to suggest it's at the bench...

Regardless... I'm not looking forward to reigniting that discussion about MacKinnon barking at other players from a week or so ago. This is fuel for that fire.

Yeah, this is a sticky situation for sure. On one hand, I can understand the frustration from MacK due to his usually crappy teammates. On the other hand, however, it's not like MacK is lighting the world on fire either and, in my opinion, he has not lived up to his pre-draft hype at all. Sticky situation all around. Will be interesting to see what happens but I do hope we don't lose Landy over it as I'd much rather send Dutchy :)cry:) off.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mack makes poor use of his linemates all the time. He has all the skill in the world, by far the most on the team and yet he throws the puck away time after time and refuses to make simple plays that are readily available to him. I want Mack to lead as much as possible and communication is a major part of that but barking at his linemates isn't the answer. Especially when he isn't exactly showing what SHOULD be done by example.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Mack is backing it up more than anyone else on the team. But it's tough to have an opinion because we have no details.

Honestly, I feel like backing your play up on the Avs is akin to just playing alright on any other team. The team sucks so much that seeing someone play ok looks like they're lighting the world on fire. I, as well as many, expect more from MacK, much more. He should be the catalyst that drives this team out of the basement, not just one of the guys who's along for the ride down the drain.

Mack makes poor use of his linemates all the time. He has all the skill in the world, by far the most on the team and yet he throws the puck away time after time and refuses to make simple plays that are readily available to him. I want Mack to lead as much as possible and communication is a major part of that but barking at his linemates isn't the answer. Especially when he isn't exactly showing what SHOULD be done by example.

Bingo, agree completely.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
MacKinnon makes his share of mistakes but he also does a lot more good than bad. I can see why he might get frustrated with certain teammates at times. I don't know what was said and who it was directed towards but it probably wasn't too good if Bednar felt the need to bench him. There's probably a better way for MacKinnon to handle it but I don't really care. He's young, he'll learn.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I believe his last shift in the 1st period was the one where his line was trapped in the defensive zone because Bourque and Tyutin (and maybe Rantanen) couldn't clear the puck. MacKinnon even gave Bourque a pass and they started skating up the ice but Bourque decided to circle back into the defensive zone, which led to another turnover. Could be related to that or something that happened during the intermission. Who knows.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
lol thats sounds like it could be it. That makes me mad just reading it. Maybe Beds yelled at him cause it wasnt his place to rip into Bork

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I believe his last shift in the 1st period was the one where his line was trapped in the defensive zone because Bourque and Tyutin (and maybe Rantanen) couldn't clear the puck. MacKinnon even gave Bourque a pass and they started skating up the ice but Bourque decided to circle back into the defensive zone, which led to another turnover. Could be related to that or something that happened during the intermission. Who knows.

That was his last shift. Just watched both broadcasts, but neither showed Bednar yelling at him. He got replaced with Grigo in between Mikko and Bourque for the final 30 second shift of the 1st. Bednar doesn't usually shy away from using him there.

He didn't really do anything wrong on his shift. Pretty good bet it was another issue with him and a teammate on the bench.

Losing breeds friction between teammates, and Landeskog couldn’t prevent MacKinnon from chastising a teammate during Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Nashville at the Pepsi Center. Reacting, first-year Avs coach Jared Bednar appeared to bark at MacKinnon and then benched him for three or four shifts in the second period.

Bednar didn’t go into details of the exchange Monday, but said: “Our culture is very important, to act and communicate the right way. It’s important to me, whether we’re 20 games above .500 or 20 games below. The way we come to practice to compete against each other, what comes out of our mouths, how we address each other and how we’re going to dig in and fight for one another in games and being good teammates. You have to have that in order to win.”

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yikes this could be really toxic.

Chances are this has been an ongoing issue that has been kept under wraps in the lockerroom but has festered on ice in front of the public eye.

Interesting, that the article states Landeskog could've prevent Mack from lashing out. Meaning he tried and failed or didn't bother to? Maybe, this is why the avs are not happy with Landy being the captain? Wild speculation but food for thought.

member 116861

Chances are this has been an ongoing issue that has been kept under wraps in the lockerroom but has festered on ice in front of the public eye.

Interesting, that the article states Landeskog could've prevent Mack from lashing out. Meaning he tried and failed or didn't bother to? Maybe, this is why the avs are not happy with Landy being the captain? Wild speculation but food for thought.

It said couldn't instead of could've

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
I don't want to rehash the discussion we had about Mack barking at team mates. However, this seems to confirm my suspicions and whatever else it says about Mack's competitive nature his public disrespect for his team mates is very concerning to me especially if he outright ignored Landy. It will undermine team spirit, mutual respect and their willingness to fight for each other.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

The article was written by chambers, I wouldn't read anything into anything not provided in direct quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad