Half-Assed GDT: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I just noticed that each team playing each other have similar logos. Blues and Lightning are blue and have a symbol as their logo.
The Sharks and Penguins are both animal logos, both have a triangle and hockey sticks.

#illuminati

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Why did they take away Fabbri's assist for the Lehtera goal?

Also that was a BS hit that hurt Fabbri.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Blues are 1-0 the day after I have my wisdom teeth removed.

I know what needs to be done, remember me fondly.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This win means Jack if come home and lose game 5. Have to take care of business at home Monday night.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Wingels cheap shot hit on Fabbri. Honestly, this hit was so, so dangerous. This could have easily separated his shoulder. Bush league cheap shot. Their whole team is full of cowards. I hope we just win the next two and they can hit the links and Thornton can continue to keep his reputation as a perennial loser.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
As much as I would love for Reaves to go out there on Monday night and destroy Burns and Wingels, we need to keep that fourth line together. They were absolute money tonight.

BluesFan

May 4, 2016
Qatar
As much as I would love for Reaves to go out there on Monday night and destroy Burns and Wingels, we need to keep that fourth line together. They were absolute money tonight.

That's great, but we may not have a team with 3 more games of the ******** play like tonight going unallowed.

As soon as backes was gone, there was no one else out there to hit, no one to put them on edge, and no one to keep them from trying to pull this ********.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So my thoughts for any who care....

1) Allen - I was a big opponent of this move, so let's get the elephant our of the room first. He didn't play too bad. There was a lot I didn't like about his game, but there is just a lot I don't like about his game. He gets out of position, relying on his athleticism to make what should be routine saves look spectacular. That was the case here tonight. But the goals against, you can't really fault him too much for. He reacted a bit late to the first one but nobody stopping that. Eddie scored the 3rd one, although he should have had his 5-hole closed with a shark right there too, but whatever. His much vaunted puck-handling didn't do much. It did lead to an assist. Unfortunately, and assist on a sharks goal as he passed it right to the goal-scorer on their 2nd. And he had a turnover that could have been bad if the Shark player didn't fall down from shear surprise at having the puck passed right to him. Still, he probably will get next game, and at this point I can't argue too much about it since we did win with him. You have to dance with the goalie that brought you, and he was playing in the game that got us back into it.

2) Whoever is in goal, I hope we continue to forecheck like we did early this game. That was the real difference. We forechecked hard, and got in the Sharks head. The very first goal, it was a 2 man forecheck. Lehtera sealed the far side of the net, the sharks player hesitated with no where to go, and Backes dropped the hammer. That play doesn't happen if Backes is the only one forechecking. So props to Hitch for making the adjustment. I didn't think he had it in him. I mean, it only took 3 games of looking terrible, but he eventually figured it out.

3) Great special teams work. This is the other key with forechecking. If we forecheck and win the special teams battle, we win. We can call up Copley and he'd win if we play our game.

4) Can we put the Jaskin sucks storyline to bed? Kid is great on possession, good on defense. He was snake-bitten offensively this year and made some youthful mistakes, but he is a solid bottom-6 player who still has upside.

5) Refs were terrible. Absolutely horrendous. I am not complaining because they got more powerplays or what not. But the refs missed calls that they looked right at and that were seriously dangerous to our players. A Shark punching Tank in the ribs while he is laid out with another shark on top of him and the ref looking right at the scrum. Burns hurting Brouwer on a blatant interference with a ref staring right at them. Wingel hurting Fabbri on the same. Thornton punching Petro in the back of the head. This stuff cannot go unpunished, and it especially can't go one-sided unpunished. As much as I like the 4th line, I am all for playing Ott and Reaves next game to go out and specifically try to get suspended hurting a Shark. I hate players that try to hurt other players (why I will always hate Ott). But it is getting damn closed to justified now. Have Ott throw one of his patented chicken-wings at Thornton's head and have Reaves pummel Burns into dust.

6. I hope Fabs and Backes are alright. We don't win the series without getting them back. If they have to rest a game, all the more reason to do the Ott and Reaves kamakazi plan. But seriously, Fabbri is our Conn Smythe as of this moment if we win. Elliott was great, but may not play the rest of this series. Petro is a rock, but solid, quiet greatness like he displays doesn't get rewarded with awards. Fabbri has been outstanding driving our offense and creativity. Dbrownss hyped Fabbri before the season all year. I argued with him several times to pump the breaks. I'll never admit I was wrong arguing with him about the Brouwer trade :laugh: but I was wrong telling him to pump the breaks on the Fabbri love. The kid is special and is a gigantic reason this year has been different.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

1) Allen - I was a big opponent of this move, so let's get the elephant our of the room first. He didn't play too bad. There was a lot I didn't like about his game, but there is just a lot I don't like about his game. He gets out of position, relying on his athleticism to make what should be routine saves look spectacular. That was the case here tonight. But the goals against, you can't really fault him too much for. He reacted a bit late to the first one but nobody stopping that. Eddie scored the 3rd one, although he should have had his 5-hole closed with a shark right there too, but whatever. His much vaunted puck-handling didn't do much. It did lead to an assist. Unfortunately, and assist on a sharks goal as he passed it right to the goal-scorer on their 2nd. And he had a turnover that could have been bad if the Shark player didn't fall down from shear surprise at having the puck passed right to him. Still, he probably will get next game, and at this point I can't argue too much about it since we did win with him. You have to dance with the goalie that brought you, and he was playing in the game that got us back into it.

2) Whoever is in goal, I hope we continue to forecheck like we did early this game. That was the real difference. We forechecked hard, and got in the Sharks head. The very first goal, it was a 2 man forecheck. Lehtera sealed the far side of the net, the sharks player hesitated with no where to go, and Backes dropped the hammer. That play doesn't happen if Backes is the only one forechecking. So props to Hitch for making the adjustment. I didn't think he had it in him. I mean, it only took 3 games of looking terrible, but he eventually figured it out.

3) Great special teams work. This is the other key with forechecking. If we forecheck and win the special teams battle, we win. We can call up Copley and he'd win if we play our game.

4) Can we put the Jaskin sucks storyline to bed? Kid is great on possession, good on defense. He was snake-bitten offensively this year and made some youthful mistakes, but he is a solid bottom-6 player who still has upside.

5) Refs were terrible. Absolutely horrendous. I am not complaining because they got more powerplays or what not. But the refs missed calls that they looked right at and that were seriously dangerous to our players. A Shark punching Tank in the ribs while he is laid out with another shark on top of him and the ref looking right at the scrum. Burns hurting Brouwer on a blatant interference with a ref staring right at them. Wingel hurting Fabbri on the same. Thornton punching Petro in the back of the head. This stuff cannot go unpunished, and it especially can't go one-sided unpunished. As much as I like the 4th line, I am all for playing Ott and Reaves next game to go out and specifically try to get suspended hurting a Shark. I hate players that try to hurt other players (why I will always hate Ott). But it is getting damn closed to justified now. Have Ott throw one of his patented chicken-wings at Thornton's head and have Reaves pummel Burns into dust.

6. I hope Fabs and Backes are alright. We don't win the series without getting them back. If they have to rest a game, all the more reason to do the Ott and Reaves kamakazi plan. But seriously, Fabbri is our Conn Smythe as of this moment if we win. Elliott was great, but may not play the rest of this series. Petro is a rock, but solid, quiet greatness like he displays doesn't get rewarded with awards. Fabbri has been outstanding driving our offense and creativity. Dbrownss hyped Fabbri before the season all year. I argued with him several times to pump the breaks. I'll never admit I was wrong arguing with him about the Brouwer trade :laugh: but I was wrong telling him to pump the breaks on the Fabbri love. The kid is special and is a gigantic reason this year has been different.

I was at work so I didn't get to pay attention like I wanted to, so do you know why they took away Fabbri's 2nd assist of the game on the Lehtera goal?

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis

Thank you!
He has some confidence and Paajarvi-Brodziak-Jaskin was a great shakeup and our 4th unit going forward.

Bluesin7

Jan 29, 2014
As much as I'm mad about these cheapshots, it's somewhat of a good thing. Shows we're getting in their head and they'll start getting caught and getting penalized for this ****. Just no more injuries please

edit: 696 post count, im done posting forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad