GDT: Game 4: Stars @ Wild *There's Still Work To Do* - 5:30pm on BSN, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
He was bad on at least two goals against.

Oh, I know. But I'm used to having those opinions that clash with the masses.
Nope , the Dad goal was a full screen. The ping pong first goal was whatever and the seguin goal a man wide open in front. He was ok tonight. The team is countless times better off with him in net

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Nope , the Dad goal was a full screen. The ping pong first goal was whatever and the seguin goal a man wide open in front. He was ok tonight. The team is countless times better off with him in net
No. He absolutely played the 3rd goal incorrectly. He went too deep into his own net. If Fleury did that, his head would be on a pike.

Reactions: Ban Hammered

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yes, Gus was bad. Good Gus allows 1 goal against tonight. I don't give a shit about the Fleury comparison. Gus was not good tonight and he needs to be better.

Reactions: Ban Hammered

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Notice how much less impactful Boldy was at wing. Playing him at wing allows him to be invisible at times. It's similar to playing Ant Edwards at point when they do point Ant. He may not be ready from a decision making perspective but it forces him to be consistently involved and when he's involved good things usually happen from raw talent even if he doesn't really "know" how to play the position.

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
That was rough. We just had so many chances and just couldn't capitalize. It would have been so darn nice to win this one and go back to Dallas up a game..

Gosh darn missed opportunities. That one where Kap almost scored at the end just ripped my heart out.

The fans were great! Love seeing everyone so into the playoff atmosphere! We are still going to take this series.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think Foligno needs to tone it down just a notch too. He has a target on him from the refs, and after tonight's comments, that target got bigger. A little more hockey, a little less stirring the pot. Our PK is bad, and they're playing right into the trap. I'd rather he contribute on the scoresheet.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
This is a pattern I've seen from the Wild all year...sometimes it works, sometimes...like tonight, it bites them in the butt.

After high scoring, emotionally awesome victories, this team tends to get wayyyy too cute. 6-7 times they made one pass too many and lost out on a scoring chance. Heck, I remember seeing Johansson (I think) being 4-5 feet in front of the goalie all alone and he turned outside because he didn't have a passing lane or a high % shot. What happened? He turned the puck over. Not even a shot on net.

That pass that lead to Klingers goal....completely stupid pass across ice that should have lost possession if it weren't for an absolutely perfect/lucky bounce. And what did he do? He just threw the puck at the net and something good happened.

When you have a hot goalie, you throw EVERYTHING at the net hoping for a bounce because you're not beating him clean. Both our goals came from just getting the puck to the net.

Also....I know the penalties were B.S. but at some point, you need to stop their power play. We've had 16 PK's in 4 games. They've scored on 7 of the 16.

The Stars PP is 43.8%

Completely unacceptable in the NHL playoffs. I mean, that's historically bad. They're an inch away from 8/16 on the PK.....you can't give up 50% on your PK and expect to win especially when you're taking 4 penalties per game.

The Wild have had 17 PP's with 4 goals for 23.5%. Better than our regular season of just over 21% but when they're scoring on just about half of their PP's....you can't expect to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Weird game. As DC says right above me, the story of this series is the PP discrepancy. Simple as that. Same story every year.

Ho Lee Mackinaw

Oct 12, 2022
Leafs fan.

But I just saw the highlights from tonight's game. And I had to jump in and say that you guys got hosed by the ref on the two Foligno penalties. Neither should have been called. Too bad they impacted the game the way they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad