GDT: Game 4: Sharks vs. Bruins 7:30pm NBCSCA

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I wouldn't buy Vlasic out because that just pushes more dead cap into seasons where we have a chance of being somewhat competitive. That said I understand that's probably a less awkward solution to this problem than waiving him and sending him down to the minors for 2 years.

Vlasic was solid last season so maybe these early performances have been the result of his injury or something but he has looked 100% cooked so far. He's certainly at the age where players are liable to fall off a cliff from one season to the next.
1.3 million for 2 years is not a issue.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
But doing that saves barely any cap space. Out of a 7 million contract we would gain 1 million in cap space. Buying him out gains us 5 million.
It's not $5 million - $3.17 million gained in 24-25, $2.17 million gained in 25-26, $1.33 million lost in 26-28.

I don't think it's really a big issue anyway - we're going to suck those first two years anyway, and probably the two years after that will still be missing the playoffs. Vlasic is also not just cooked, he's a crispy shell composed entirely of carbonized meat gradually turning to ash and smoking up the entire house.

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Yes let's blame the coach, his now 2nd coach to see issues with the way he plays hockey.

Labanc just sucks and needs to be removed from this team and any team that could be in the line to develop players for the main team.
Not saying LaBanc is great he’s just better then Hoffman and could probably finish one of Eklunds passes

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad