Game 4: Flames @ Avalanche | 10 PM | NBCSN,TVAS,CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Survival game for the flames. given no adjustments at all in game 2 and 3 i dont believe they will do better tonight.

Reactions: MacBradley

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Fixed that for you.

I hope.

God, please let him be getting tired now.
Nathan Mackinnon doesn’t get tired.

Here’s a little blurb from Andy O’Brien talking about his group of NHL’ers who train in the high altitude in Vail, Colorado.

The example O’Brien always cites came during a running drill up a steep incline, an anaerobic test that leaves lower bodies awash in lactic acid and has a direct carry-over to the game’s fundamental skill. “It puts you in a biomechanical position very much like skating,” O’Brien says. In one session, MacKinnon ran 14.9 seconds. The second-best time was 15.9; others finished in the 17-second range. By itself, pretty remarkable, but that was only the start.
Big-Read-MacKinnon-quad.jpg

'WILLINGNESS AND INTENSITY'
Like Crosby, MacKinnon has never been short on drive or focus in the gym.
The rest of the field started to tail off as the reps went on. By the fifth or sixth trip, the other campers were dropping a second or more behind their best times. MacKinnon, though, didn’t fade — he kept clocking 14.9, again and again, like clockwork. “Only on the last rep was there any change and it was 15 flat or maybe another tenth, barely anything at all,” O’Brien says. “That hill-running drill, it just shouldn’t work out that way. If your muscle composition is built for power you should fatigue more rapidly than the average and if your composition is for endurance, you shouldn’t be able to explode as well.”

There’s something physically wrong with Nathan Mackinnon, in a good way.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
As an avs fan, I'm sorta hoping that the adjustment made by the flames involves the hands-on-ankles variety.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Fixed that for you.

I hope.

God, please let him be getting tired now.

MacGinnon is one of the laziest most disinterested players in the league when he doesn't have the puck on his stick. It was probably laziness. But with the way he "trains" (probably smoking and drinking) in the offseason it would not be surprising if he's gotten too tired to play.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Survival game for the flames. given no adjustments at all in game 2 and 3 i dont believe they will do better tonight.
I'm thinking/hoping Peters was banking on game 2 just being an off night, I expect some changes tonight

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Just want to see my team play well. While I've been surprised with how good MacKinnon and the Avalanche have played, I've been downright shocked at how poor the Flames were in games 2 & 3. Hopefully there's more than one team on the ice tonight and it's a good game.

Reactions: tmurfin

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
If Peters has done his job and realizes that the Avs have had far too easy of a time entering the Flames end, I like our chances here.

If not we’re f***ed.

Reactions: egelband and Avs

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Avs have a flu going around right now potentially per Dater. Brassard seemingly out with it again. Also this:

Really hoping Grubauer isn’t ill. But those callups mean a couple other guys are potentially out. Girard still out injured too.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
This was meant to be an over the top homer post for our own boards. No disrespect to Flames fans, although I doubt that anybody will read far enough down to see this.

Already reported for hurting my feelings. :(

In for Flames to choke this series away and get bent over again.

Bednars Suit Game

Oct 5, 2011
CA
Series is far from over and potentially flu in Avs locker room is bad news. Can't play passive, I fully expect the flames to come out flying.

Reactions: Avs

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I just want the avs to wear their burgundies while the flames wear their retro reds so that I can have sex with my tv? Is that too much to ask?

I don’t care how confusing it would be for the players. This isn’t about them

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
I just want the avs to wear their burgundies while the flames wear their retro reds so that I can have sex with my tv? Is that too much to ask?

I don’t care how confusing it would be for the players. This isn’t about them

Must have one of those special TV's from Japan with the custom input ports.

Reactions: cgf

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
Whatever about the players. Imagine how confused your TV would be.

Something tells me that confusion is nostalgic to his television at this point in its life cycle.

Sorta gives all new meaning to the phrase "number 1 seed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad