Post-Game Talk: Game #4: Canucks 3 vs. Devils 2 (OT) - Luongo vs. Schneider

Wetcoaster

Nice to hear. I too thought they could have been better. Not to say they didn't play a pretty good game.
As Torotorella noted the Devils are tough team to play against - you have to be patient and push the pace without over-committing or they will kill you in transition.

Wetcoaster

Jason Garrison having some fun at Santorelli's expense.

Hosea Cheung ‏@hosea24hours
Garrison jokes about goal being taken away - "I think Santo launched an appeal. I might re-do it. Re-appeal his appeal."

Hosea Cheung ‏@hosea24hours
More Garrison on Santorelli: "I've cooked that guy so many dinners, give him a ride to airport every single time ... No, it's good for him."​

Wetcoaster

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
#Torts asked if they kept @D_Booth7 out in camp to protect him from himself: "ya, he's a wierd dude..."

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
As Torotorella noted the Devils are tough team to play against - you have to be patient and push the pace without over-committing or they will kill you in transition.

Yep. Underrated offensively too, IMO.

Sure they lost Kovy, but their depth is pretty impressive. Especially at this point of the season with Jags in full flight still.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
I get that it's vital for those players to have that letter, but the real reason for an alternate is to have a player on the ice that can argue to a ref in place of the captain right?

Kinda weird Burr has an A if that's the case.

given his reputation with the refs yah its werid

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN
#Torts asked if they kept @D_Booth7 out in camp to protect him from himself: "ya, he's a wierd dude..."

Maybe Torts isn't on board with the hunting? :laugh: Definitely sounding like he isn't connecting with Booth (the training comment stands out more than this).

Tanevian*

I get that it's vital for those players to have that letter, but the real reason for an alternate is to have a player on the ice that can argue to a ref in place of the captain right?

Kinda weird Burr has an A if that's the case.

Burr's A is the Scarlett Letter: Auger. It's to remind refs what can happen to them.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
JS experiment on the wing @ the AHL level has failed and failed big time the few times they tried it. He seems lost when he plays the wing. Kesler on the other hand has played on the wing before (as recent as last year with Roy, who has a similar skillset as JS, of course a lot more proven). So if Kesler plays with JS, its more likely Kesler being the one playing the wing and taking draws.

It only really "failed" when they put him with Mancari who was playing out of position and horrible as a center. With Hodgson he was good.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Maybe Torts isn't on board with the hunting? :laugh: Definitely sounding like he isn't connecting with Booth (the training comment stands out more than this).

That's awesome.

Maybe Torts isn't a fan of Booth being a religious fanatic.

Or with one being a dog lover and one who loves to hunt, who knows? Rift, amirite! :sarcasm:

Burr's A is the Scarlett Letter: Auger. It's to remind refs what can happen to them.

Nice. :laugh:

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
Yeah, I'm not worried about the 4th line minutes yet; not when we're effectively running the 13th, 14th, and 16th forwards

Normally, we wouldn't have Burrows, Kassian and Schroeder out, and we'd be able to call up Jensen to fill one of the holes. That makes a big difference. We're already pretty far down the depth chart at forward, so I'm not too worried about the lack of further depth.

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
When his own teammates start turning on Booth then you can compare the two. Until then, it's a landslide victory for TT.

Exactly. Thomas put himself and his personal beliefs ahead of the team with his refusal to attend the White House event.

While he was certainly within his rights, he pretty much crapped on his teammates.

You may not like Booth's beliefs or hobbies, but his teammates seem to like him just fine.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
Or maybe people are imagining something more than there is and Torts was making a joke.

This.
It seems around here, things said in speculation become the truth the next day......:help:

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
Or maybe people are imagining something more than there is and Torts was making a joke.

He was probably referring to his offseason training as 'weird' or something. :laugh:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
:laugh:

Half-empty-glass-008.jpg

King of the ES: "Nope, there is definitely no water in that glass. Sorry to ruin your delusions everyone."

I always see him as a glass is half full type guy. Half full of poison.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
This. Sounds like torts was referring to booths reputation as being a fitness freak.. Beyond freak actually

I don't think it's the fitness, though Torts was rather vague about it:
Booth had ankle surgery in March and screws were needed to re-attach his fibula and tibia and keep them in place. All that after suffering a groin injury in an initial training-camp skating test a year ago that cost him the first 14 games of the lockout season. He then played just a dozen games and an offseason regimen that includes hiking in the wilds and hunting wild game — to go with his legendary gym workouts — have the Canucks concerned about his preparation being sports specific. You can label it different.

“Different isn’t the word — I don’t know what it is with him,” said Canucks coach John Tortorella. “We do no testing on bikes and the old VO2 test. The training needs to be more specific and David likes to work out. We just hope and there have been conversations to understand your body and understand where the most important time is — and that’s game time — and act accordingly. He’s a pro and a really good player and I know there’s a history with his injuries and I think we’re working through that.”
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/1...re-sports-specific-with-his-training-methods/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad