GDT: Game 4 7:45 MT. Let’s hope it’s not the End, but a step in the right direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
mind giving a run down on the bit about Yams?

you've got me curious
Asian Heritage Month. SN had a little feature on Yamamoto and his background. Grandfather came from Japan to the US and was held in those F***** camps after the war. Just a bit on his background.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
When you get surrounded by 3 players, hooked held and interfered with your points are going to come down. In the Anaheim series he was playing hurt. Playing against a full no forecheck trap your points are going to come down.

It is easy to blame 1 player but unlike basketball, 1 star player does not make or break a team.
I was thinking of the 3 player thing, If people have a dvr, record the game and watch his coverage afterwards. It'll make you appreciate what he has to deal with.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Some players raise their games in the playoffs and some choke. Mcdavids choked. It sucks to admit but it’s reality. Even in his 3 point night he gives the puck away on the game tieing goal. He just doesn’t have that gear. Maybe he will get there one day but right now he doesn’t have it. It’s painful to admit but it’s the truth. Proof is in the pudding,

wayne gretzky coughed up the puck in the game tying goal LA scored to cap off their epic comeback in '82

Like gretz did almost 40 years ago, Im pretty sure McDavid will learn from that and be a better player for it

side note, the team took a crippling bad penalty in the 3rd period too which gave the comeback more wings, its amazing how much history repeated itself last night looking back at the '82 game

maybe that means history will repeat itself in 2 yrs from now as well

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I was thinking of the 3 player thing, If people have a dvr, record the game and watch his coverage afterwards. It'll make you appreciate what he has to deal with.

They are trying to force McDavid to dump it in and they eliminate his speed through the neutral zone. Leafs did it. Habs did it.

When Oilers have NHL caliber depth we won’t rely on two players to generate 70-80% of our offence.

Until then what we are seeing vs the Jets is our reality.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Its probably over tonight but this team should show some fight and at least get this series to 3-2.

Reactions: dsi

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Some players raise their games in the playoffs and some choke. Mcdavid choked. It sucks to admit but it’s reality. Even in his 3 point night he gives the puck away on the game tieing goal. He just doesn’t have that gear. Maybe he will get there one day but right now he doesn’t have it. It’s painful to admit but it’s the truth. Proof is in the pudding,

Your eating some strange pudding.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
wayne gretzky coughed up the puck in the game tying goal LA scored to cap off their epic comeback in '82

Like gretz did almost 40 years ago, Im pretty sure McDavid will learn from that and be a better player for it

side note, the team took a crippling bad penalty in the 3rd period too which gave the comeback more wings, its amazing how much history repeated itself last night looking back at the '82 game

Yeah I read Gretzky’s book years ago and I remember him describing this and how he dealt with the tag of being labeled a choker in the big moments. Hopefully Conor can do the same thing and get past it.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

To me, the biggest goal of Gretzky's career was that rocket shot over Vernon's shoulder during overtime in the Flames playoff series. With the possible exception of Drai nobody on the current edition of the Oilers has that kind of shot and accuracy. I never get tired of watching it---yup, happier times for the Oilers and the Province of Alberta.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Some time has passed since the devesating emotional and physically draining loss. Now we're hours from game 4. I've been an Oiler fan since they entered the league. That doesn't change tonight. I watched every minute of every game through the decade of darkness, always hoping to watch playoff games.

Choice: give up tonight and watch/play 82 more games and a full calendar year passes, hoping to make the playoffs OR get into game 4 tonight, down 3 games and only a small % chance of moving on.

So here is where my head is at. I'm putting my white away jersey back on. Beer is cold and I'm ready to watch my team win 1 game. We aren't winning a series tonight, just. 1. win. That's it.

And here's Mcdavid's message to the jets tonight:
0947fc501a737efbe9cd0da671e8c8c9.jpg

No bloody f'in chance I give up now.

#GoOilersGo!!!

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I have to completely disagree. This isn't on McDavid - or Draisaitl. We have the 2 best players in the world with 3 NHL calibre defensemen and a semi hot senior citizen goalie attached to basically an AHL team.

Reality has a way of showing up in the playoffs. When the series started many posters said that we needed a big timely goal from one of RNH/Yams/Neal or Chiasson (rather than just the MC-Drai combo)--- well still waiting but the last train to Clarkesville is leaving the station tonight.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad