GDT: Game 4 7:45 MT. Let’s hope it’s not the End, but a step in the right direction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
@Ginger Papa those memes were hilarious, I got a good laugh! Cant wait to see the rest!

5aswkw.jpg

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This game will tell me how much battle level there is in this team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
He looked zoned in last game pretty well, especially in the first...not game 1 and 2. But thats my opinion.

I have to completely disagree. This isn't on McDavid - or Draisaitl. We have the 2 best players in the world with 3 NHL calibre defensemen and a semi hot senior citizen goalie attached to basically an AHL team.

Reactions: TB12 and Echodek

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Nice little feature on Yams. Still upset from last night..ugh. Didn't expect that. Come on boys. Make history and come back.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I have to completely disagree. This isn't on McDavid - or Draisaitl. We have the 2 best players in the world with 3 NHL calibre defensemen and a semi hot senior citizen goalie attached to basically an AHL team.
So how did we finish 2nd in the division? We aren’t winning this series because our big players haven’t got it done in the big moments. Mcdavid doesn’t even have a goal.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This game will tell me how much battle level there is in this team.

I think they may be emotionally spent after last night. Not sure Smith has it in him tonight either. But things have gone Winnipeg's way in this series, maybe we get a break or two tonight. Either way, I think we lose like 6-1 or we win 6-1. ITs going to be a blowout one way or the other is what my magic 8 ball says.

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So how did we finish 2nd in the division?

Literally on the back of the 2 best players in the world, one of whom had a season that was literally off the charts, some excellent goaltending and a career year by Nurse.

We aren’t winning this series because our big players haven’t got it done in the big moments. Mcdavid doesn’t even have a goal.

The Jets big players didnt have any non empty net goals before last night either. McDavid had 3 assists last night. This loss isn't on him sorry.

This series was going to be won or lost on the depth players of the Oilers playing even with the depth players of the Jets.

Reactions: SnooPac and Echodek

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
So how did we finish 2nd in the division? We aren’t winning this series because our big players haven’t got it done in the big moments. Mcdavid doesn’t even have a goal.
Not sure about the other series but I think other top players are getting stymied . Supporting cast is needed in the playoffs. We have two effective forwards in a pool of s***. That's the issue.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think they may be emotionally spent after last night. Not sure Smith has it in him tonight either. But things have gone Winnipeg's way in this series, maybe we get a break or two tonight. Either way, I think we lose like 6-1 or we win 6-1. ITs going to be a blowout one way or the other is what my magic 8 ball says.

Yeah, I'm tending to think this won't be a close game either. Will probably be over by the end of the 1st period

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
I think Connor will at least give it his all to show up tonight. If he doesn’t, he knows that a lot of off-season talk will pertain to his underwhelming playoff performances.

For that reason, and that reason alone, I think we win tonight then get slaughtered the next game.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
@KlefDown

“it still confuses me how people can look at what happened last year and chalk it up as a "win". we got shit kicked by a bottom 5 team in the league when we were 100% healthy.”

They weren’t expected to make the playoffs last year, they did for all intents and purposes.

McDavid won’t be happy about this year but he should be on board still. I’m sure Holland didn’t promise him a cup by year 2, or conference finals etc etc. If Ovi could stick it out thru playoff futility, McDavid should be able to. If they start missing the playoffs again that’s another story.

Reactions: GOilers88

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Winnipeg hasn’t outplayed us. Apart from that nine minute mental collapse last night, I honestly think we’ve been the better team. Just haven’t had the bounces.

I think we can win the next two, maybe even three, games. But four? That’s going to be tough.

Reactions: Satire and Mez

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yeah, we wouldn't even have made the playoffs without them. McD and Drai are not immune to critism but WTF are they suppose to do when they're surrounded by incompetence. I believe Nuge is playing injured. His shot release takes 10 minutes now. Very little to work with.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Literally on the back of the 2 best players in the world, one of whom had a season that was literally off the charts, some excellent goaltending and a career year by Nurse.

The Jets big players didnt have any non empty net goals before last night either. McDavid had 3 assists last night. This loss isn't on him sorry.

This series was going to be won or lost on the depth players of the Oilers playing even with the depth players of the Jets.
If Mcdavid had destroyed a playoff in the past I would give him the benefit of the doubt but he hasn’t. His PPG plummets in the postseason and in 5 playoff overtime appearances he has no points. He just doesn’t get the job done when it matters. He’s the most talented player in the world but in the big moments he is not the best.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Mcdavid had destroyed a playoff in the past I would give him the benefit of the doubt but he hasn’t. His PPG plummets in the postseason and in 5 playoff overtime appearances he has no points. He just doesn’t get the job done when it matters. He’s the most talented player in the world but in the big moments he is not the best.

When you get surrounded by 3 players, hooked held and interfered with your points are going to come down. In the Anaheim series he was playing hurt. Playing against a full no forecheck trap your points are going to come down.

It is easy to blame 1 player but unlike basketball, 1 star player does not make or break a team.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Not sure about the other series but I think other top players are getting stymied . Supporting cast is needed in the playoffs. We have two effective forwards in a pool of s***. That's the issue.
The bruins moved on last night. Look who has all the OT goals and GWG’s. Their top players go and the team follows. Same with Tampa. Right off the hop game 1 Kucherov who hasn’t played all year comes in and gets 2 points and the team goes. Your leaders need to lead.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I will give you one thing. It wouldn't hurt if McDavid filled out a bit. Gaining a bit of weight would make him more effective to deal with the toughness of the playoffs.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
When you get surrounded by 3 players, hooked held and interfered with your points are going to come down. In the Anaheim series he was playing hurt. Playing against a full no forecheck trap your points are going to come down.

It is easy to blame 1 player but unlike basketball, 1 star player does not make or break a team.
Some players raise their games in the playoffs and some choke. Mcdavid choked. It sucks to admit but it’s reality. Even in his 3 point night he gives the puck away on the game tieing goal. He just doesn’t have that gear. Maybe he will get there one day but right now he doesn’t have it. It’s painful to admit but it’s the truth. Proof is in the pudding,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad