GDT: Game 39 Sun 4/7/13 Wild @ CBJ Sunday 6:00 EST

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
It's not over until we're mathematically eliminated. Regardless, we're not ready to be a force in the playoffs yet.

I felt that way too until I paid a ton of money for tickets to the game yesterday and they completely played with zero heart, effort or intensity. It made me sick to watch that, they are pathetic with no leadership in the room.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I felt that way too until I paid a ton of money for tickets to the game yesterday and they completely played with zero heart, effort or intensity. It made me sick to watch that, they are pathetic with no leadership in the room.

Maybe if you went to games more often you would understand a little more. Your description is pretty far off from anything I've seen in 99% of the games this season, particularly at home.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
they are pathetic with no leadership in the room.

Your take from THIS game. Check back all through the month of March. If your fandom changes game by game, well... enjoy the coaster ride!

I prefer to see it as a whole. Much better, more entertaining, a team worth rooting for. Ups and downs will come. I never expected them to be as good as they have been, so I prefer to see the glass half full no matter how the rest plays out. Just me, I guess.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Maybe if you went to games more often you would understand a little more. Your description is pretty far off from anything I've seen in 99% of the games this season, particularly at home.

Last season, yesterday's game was not uncommon. This season, yesterday's game was an anomaly.

I agree, big difference. This franchise has more leadership than it's ever had - on and off the ice.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I can't understand the bitter denouncing of everything this team has accomplished over the past six weeks because they laid an egg in one game.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA

I assume that yesterday was the only game you've seen all season, since what happened yesterday was abnormal for this team.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I can't understand the bitter denouncing of everything this team has accomplished over the past six weeks because they laid an egg in one game.

agreed...you had a Minnesota team that was coming off an embarrassing loss to LA and rebounded...they're a damn good team...and shut us down completely...

3 regulation losses in 20 games...hard to get too upset over that...

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
agreed...you had a Minnesota team that was coming off an embarrassing loss to LA and rebounded...they're a damn good team...and shut us down completely...

I want to see how OUR team responds after being embarrassed.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Completely agree.

It is this line of thinking that has me happy with anything that happens the rest of the way. Playoffs would be awesome, no doubt, but I feel very good about the direction of this franchise. I believe significant steps have been taken, and that kind of progress should not be taken lightly.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

I went to almost every home game this year, we were outstanding most nights, last night was pathetic though....

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I assume that yesterday was the only game you've seen all season, since what happened yesterday was abnormal for this team.

I'm upset because that was a MUST win, and they didn't bring the heart they played with all season at home. How is nobody else upset with that effort? I was only talking about that game, but it was the most important game of the season and they played totally heartless and flat!

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'm upset because that was a MUST win, and they didn't bring the heart they played with all season at home. How is nobody else upset with that effort? I was only talking about that game, but it was the most important game of the season and they played totally heartless and flat!

Oh, we're upset! We're heartbroken. We're pissed off. But we're pleasantly surprised the team in even in this position.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I mean, that is unreal

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I see both sides. You gotta remember this isn't Philly here. We are a very intelligent, slow to burn,boo hating, looking for the good in all things Jackets group of fans. On the other hand I agree with you. How can you come out flat like that in a game that means so much? Beats me.
Maybe it was the 3 games in 4 nights thing.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa

Yeah! Damn you ca51 for being pissed off.
Clearly we had great leadership throughout that incredibly critical game which we lost by rolling over in every way. We're tickled pink. Why aren't you? (Oh right, the wasted thousands.)

=SARCASM=

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Oh, we're upset! We're heartbroken. We're pissed off. But we're pleasantly surprised the team in even in this position.

Exactly. Why do people assume that because posts don't use all caps or a bunch of exclamation marks or "angry" emoticons, and in which people express considered opinions regarding the overall state of the team, that it means they're all happy-happy-joy-joy with a bad loss?

This is the same ****** argument as the booing. "How can you not post angry? If you don't post angry you're not a real fan. This team deserves angry posting. Those who don't are obviously happy the team sucks."

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Thought this article would add to the debate in this thread on whether booing the home team is productive or counter-productive.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420304

Steve Ott was pretty pissed off about the home-town booing (and he plays for the Sabres no less, which I thought Robert would appreciate).

Some highlights:

Ott: "You're a fan of the Buffalo Sabres and hopefully, you come to cheer us on and motivate us. We've got a lot of young players on this team and they definitely don't deserve to be booed."

...the power play doesn't click the first time and they're booing you, I think its absolutely ridiculous," Ott stated. "I don't care how frustrating. I think negativity breeds negativity. If you want to see a bad product on the ice, continue to boo. What do you expect? You're obviously going to get a negative result."

Regardless of your view on booing your home team, I would say that this shows that some (if not many) players definitely hear it.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Regardless of your view on booing your home team, I would say that this shows that some (if not many) players definitely hear it.

I can only speak for myself. I referred to memory after the game into the next day. I admitted that it is probably noticed during the game.

I can see it affecting young player more. Ultimately they get payed a lot of money to be booed. I'll take the league minimum to be booed 42 nights a year in an arena in front of 18,000+ people. I'll even do something I care about that they can hate on.

As I said if they can't take it, perhaps they should look for another team if not occupation.

It is a lot more fun to get cheered than booed, that much is certain. But it's part of the job description.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

I think most people, especially here, are upset and disappointed. However, I'm not willing to throw out everything based on one game. Teams are going to have flat games. Particularly if they're not really ready to take that next step. Your original comment:

I think the last sentence if devoid of any reason - that's ok, I understand you're pissed, but it's not even close to true and if you've been to every game you know it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad