Pre-Game Talk: Game 39: Edmonton @ Columbus | Jan 03 2017 @ 5PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
I kind of feel like we could end their streak tonight.

And if we lose, not the end of the world. We're 4-0-2 since our last game against CBJ anyway.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This should go well.

Little Columbus is all grown up now. They're Ralphie and the rest of the league is Scut.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Hey Guys, welcome to Columbus. Like you, I'm looking forward to see what will happen to this streak. It has certainly added some spice to regular season games that might not otherwise have many story lines.

Columbus certainly does not have the star power and ultimate skill of a Conner McDavid. Advantage Edmonton. But....as you guys saw a couple weeks ago, this streak has been built on an all around team effort.

I put the following information up on the GTD over at the CBJ. This is just one opinion of what could be the difference makers. Who knows what will happen - that's why we watch!

Best of luck and let's hope for an entertaining and fun game in Columbus.

Scoring comparison:
Group|for tonight’s roster|Goals|Assists|Points|Notes

CBJ Defense |6 players in 35 games|17|53|70|
EDM Defense|6 players in 38 games| 8|24|32|Darnell Nurse has been hurt. The current 2nd and 3rd pairing have 1 goal on the season
|||||

CBJ 4th line|Hartnell-Sedlak-Gagner| 26|33|59|includes PP production
EDM 4th line|Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian|10|19|29|not sure if these EDM players get PP time|

Goaltending comparisons (season to date):

Name|GAA|Save %|Save % 5 on 5
Bobrovski|1.95|.934|.941
Talbot|2.45|.919|.924

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hey Guys, welcome to Columbus. Like you, I'm looking forward to see what will happen to this streak. It has certainly added some spice to regular season games that might not otherwise have many story lines.

Columbus certainly does not have the star power and ultimate skill of a Conner McDavid. Advantage Edmonton. But....as you guys saw a couple weeks ago, this streak has been built on an all around team effort.

I put the following information up on the GTD over at the CBJ. This is just one opinion of what could be the difference makers. Who knows what will happen - that's why we watch!

Scoring comparison:

EDM Defense|6 players in 38 games| 8|24|32|Darnell Nurse has been hurt. The current 2nd and 3rd pairing have 1 goal on the season
|||||

EDM 4th line|Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian|10|19|29|not sure if these EDM players get PP time|

Bobrovski|1.95|.934|.941
Talbot|2.45|.919|.924

So Letestu gets time on the first power play unit, the others do not feature on the power play. That 4th line of yours looks really good. Good luck, hope for an entertaining game!

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
The way I see it, this is either a Huge Win or a tiny Loss, as it'd be against the hottest team, and the NHL streak record isn't on the line yet.

And the boys usually seem to play up to top teams

*fingers crossed*

duul

Jun 21, 2010
For some reason I am entirely positive for this game. Our defence will have a hard time vs. their forecheck, but I do believe that our forwards are going to have a lot of room coming up the ice as well, like other times we play Columbus.

Their team is so incredibly built for this era, and I believe they are a top 3 team in the NHL right now, but our style of game fits well against them. Bobrovsky is going to be there deciding factor in this one.

What is unlikelier than a 15 game winning streak is the drought McDavid has been one. One of these things should end abruptly tonight.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

Scoring comparison:

|||||

Bobrovski|1.95|.934|.941
Talbot|2.45|.919|.924

This is most definitely not a star power league now days.

It's straight lines skate your mother ****ing ass off no room to do **** hockey.
Columbus has it down to a tee.

A team with no passengers will beat the team with a few mega stars and a few passengers.

That's todays NHL.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Columbus is on fire lately but it won't keep up:

Code:
[B]Player                Shooting%    /   Career Shooting %[/B]
Wennberg                 19                     6.45
Hartnell                     17.6                  11.7
Atkinson                    17                     11.3
Gagner                      16.7                  10.2
Foligno                      15.6                  12
Anderson (who?)        15.4                  9.1
Saad                         15.1                  12.3
S. Jones                    11.3                   5.4

[B]Goalie                       Sv%       /     Career Sv%
[/B]Bobrovsky                 .934                   .919
McElhinney                .938                   .905

End the streak please.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
It was a sad day that never should've happened

maxresdefault.jpg

So we'll beat CBJ, then lose 10-0 to a crappy old team that hasn't played in 15 years? #WWELogic

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
This is most definitely not a star power league now days.

It's straight lines skate your mother ****ing ass off no room to do **** hockey.
Columbus has it down to a tee.

A team with no passengers will beat the team with a few mega stars and a few passengers.

That's todays NHL.

Ain't that the truth.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Weird - the BJs have played way more games vs western teams than eastern teams so far this season. Did the schedukle makers forget that they are in the eastern conference now? Theyve played 12 games agaisnt the pacific division and only 5 against their own Metro division.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Weird - the BJs have played way more games vs western teams than eastern teams so far this season. Did the schedukle makers forget that they are in the eastern conference now? Theyve played 12 games agaisnt the pacific division and only 5 against their own Metro division.

I think this is one reason why they are behind in games played. Only two more away games versus the Western conference and those are Chicago and Nashville. All the major travel is out of the way already.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Sekera back and Maroon back up with McDavid?
I could very well see a win here. Get it done boys!

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
Gryba out - after that great game vs LA he was horrible vs VAN. seems to be better suited playing slower teams. Good to get Seks back, he's been our best all around D by far. Also like Maroon with McDavid. Nice to see the 7pm (EST) games - easier on my sleep schedule!

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011

Pretty bizarre, I'm curious how they actually stack up against the juggernauts of the Metro. Especially the Pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad