Pre-Game Talk: Game 39: Edmonton @ Columbus | Jan 03 2017 @ 5PM MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I'm 1-0-0-0 when betting vCash on the Oilers. Clearly it's a fool-proof system and I have 596 reasons why the Oilers will win tonight!

:sarcasm:

That said, I feel good about the game today. I like a good streak-beatdown.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I have a good feeling about this. Gagner usually plays pretty well against the Blue Jackets. Oh wait....

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Pretty bizarre, I'm curious how they actually stack up against the juggernauts of the Metro. Especially the Pens.

As someone stated, the CBJ have only played 5 games against Metro rivals.

The Blue Jackets are 5-0-0.

Pittsburgh 1 win (that was the 7-1 vaporization before Christmas) In fact Pittsburgh went 12-1-1 in December. The only reg loss to CBJ. Only picked up 4 points against them in Dec.
Washington 2 wins
NY Islanders 1 win
NY Rangers 1 win

Haven't seen Devils, Hurricanes, or Flyers. The CBJ will only leave the Eastern time zone twice the rest of the way and they are both 1 game out-and back. Once to Chicago and once to Nashville (Central Zone).

Weird schedule indeed.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I mean I want us to win...but we don't stand a chance. The team's mistakes and lack of ability to cycle the puck consistently will cost them the game. If they can play like they did against the Kings, maybe they win. That said, I would be happy with a loser point.

Also, Ebs will miss a glorious chance.

Last edited:

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Looking for a loss tonight. Tortorella has just made the Jackets a better third period team than any in the league. They have that endurance and confidence when all other teams are gassed.
Good for Columbus, but I'm less than optimistic about the Oilers chances tonight.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
McDavid due for a big night. :sarcasm;)

Sorry if that's been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad