GDT: Game 39: Anaheim Ducks vs Detroit Ref Wings - 5pm PT, BSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5350.jpeg

IMG_5349.jpeg

Anaheim Ducks vs Detroit Red Wings
5pm PT, BSW
IMG_5346.gif
IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_4560.gif

IMG_5351.png
Red Wings Projected Line up

David Perron -- Dylan Larkin -- Lucas Raymond
Alex DeBrincat -- J.T. Compher -- Patrick Kane
Robby Fabbri -- Andrew Copp -- Michael Rasmussen
Christian Fischer – Joe Veleno -- Daniel Sprong

Jake Walman -- Moritz Seider
Ben Chiarot -- Jeff Petry
Olli Maatta -- Justin Holl

Alex Lyon
James Reimer

Scratched:
Zach Aston-Reese, Shayne Gostisbehere
Injured: Klim Kostin (upper body), Ville Husso (lower body

IMG_5066.jpeg
Ducks Projected Line up

Trevor Zegras -- Adam Henrique -- Troy Terry
Alex Killorn -- Mason McTavish -- Frank Vatrano
Brock McGinn -- Isac Lundestrom -- Ryan Strome
Bo Groulx -- Sam Carrick -- Jakob Silfverberg

Cam Fowler -- Jamie Drysdale
Urho Vaakanainen -- Radko Gudas
Pavel Mintyukov -- Ilya Lyubushkin

Lukas Dostal
John Gibson

Scratched:
Ross Johnston, Brett Leason, Jackson LaCombe

Injured: Leo Carlsson (right knee), Max Jones (upper body)

IMG_5345.gif

IMG_5354.gif

IMG_5355.gif

IMG_5067.gif

IMG_4602.jpeg

Last edited:

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
As I said before, they are not bleeding goals as much as the other bottom 5 teams. But they cannot score even if their life depended on it. There is enough skill on this roster to be scoring at least 3 goals a game most games, so I put more fault on the coaching and execution. Newell Brown is also rearing his ugly head once again since they are 5% on the PP since Leo went down.

They are always on their heels defending, maybe if they attack more, shoot the puck more, maybe will score more? I mean it’s not rocket science. I can’t give credit to a lot of the teams out there. Ducks find ways to lose, and it makes it easier for their opponents.

Someone said it in the roster thread. Tired of some of them like Zegras or Terry looking good and having chances. They need to get on the scoresheet. May need to score some greasy ones for that to happen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As I said before, they are not bleeding goals as much as the other bottom 5 teams. But they cannot score even if their life depended on it. There is enough skill on this roster to be scoring at least 3 goals a game most games, so I put more fault on the coaching and execution. Newell Brown is also rearing his ugly head once again since they are 5% on the PP since Leo went down.

They are always on their heels defending, maybe if they attack more, shoot the puck more, maybe will score more? I mean it’s not rocket science. I can’t give credit to a lot of the teams out there. Ducks find ways to lose, and it makes it easier for their opponents.

Someone said it in the roster thread. Tired of some of them like Zegras or Terry looking good and having chances. They need to get on the scoresheet. May need to score some greasy ones for that to happen.
We score 6 tonight, book it

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Can we get to 4 goals?
Even in a loss signs of offense would be a win to me. I am convinced that Dostal/Gibby are good enough if we can give them anything approaching league average offense

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Continuing with the Wedding Singer theme... Cronin and Verbeek telling the fans:

Wedding Singer, Give me time.gif

As for Brown and the PP, I cited this earlier in the season that I didn't trust the high-end output after we started at 5% PP eff. When I looked at how we got there, it was due to streaky players b/c the on-ice product doesn't actually show we have a consistently competent PP flow.

Speaking of our PK unit, they've been trending downward too, in the past 11 games, they're at 77.1% PK eff. In those same 11 games, they've let the opponent score at least one PP goal against in nine of the contests.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Can we get to 4 goals?
Even in a loss signs of offense would be a win to me. I am convinced that Dostal/Gibby are good enough if we can give them anything approaching league average offense

I've been tracking goals per game splits for the Ducks. The league average GF rate is 3 goals.

Ducks '23-24GoalPerGameSplits
Goals SetGamesWLOTLPtsPts %
Total
38​
13​
24​
1​
27​
0.355​
2 goals or less
21​
0​
20​
1​
1​
0.024​
3 goals
5​
2​
3​
0​
4​
0.400​
4 goals or more
12​
11​
1​
0​
22​
0.917​

If we score 4 goals in any game, we have a great chance of coming out with a win.

• Last 20 games
    • 2 goals or less = 13
      Record = 0-12-1 (1 pt)
      Shutout = 3 times
    • 3 goals = 2
      Record = 0-2-0 (0 pts)
    • 4 goals or more = 5
      Record = 4-1-0 (8 pts)

Yikes. That's an ugly trend.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've been tracking goals per game splits for the Ducks. The league average GF rate is 3 goals.

Ducks '23-24GoalPerGameSplits
Goals SetGamesWLOTLPtsPts %
Total
38​
13​
24​
1​
27​
0.355​
2 goals or less
21​
0​
20​
1​
1​
0.024​
3 goals
5​
2​
3​
0​
4​
0.400​
4 goals or more
12​
11​
1​
0​
22​
0.917​

If we score 4 goals in any game, we have a great chance of coming out with a win.

• Last 20 games
    • 2 goals or less = 13
      Record = 0-12-1 (1 pt)
      Shutout = 3 times
    • 3 goals = 2
      Record = 0-2-0 (0 pts)
    • 4 goals or more = 5
      Record = 4-1-0 (8 pts)

Yikes. That's an ugly trend.

Scoring 3 goals we should at least be getting it to OT and worse case getting a loser point.

We have one loser point this season which is crazy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Scoring 3 goals we should at least be getting it to OT and worse case getting a loser point.

We have one loser point this season which is crazy.

Yup, we're a feast or famine team this year. Last year, many complained too much about not earning a regulation win early in the season. It was game 20 against the NYR when we finally got our first regulation win. We were 6-13-1 (13 pts). Crazy that five of those wins were from OT or SO.

We didn't possess enough talent at 5v5, but we did at 3v3 and at the shootout last season. That's why it was a good strategy to try to get the game into OT than to trade shots.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
PP has been bad since Carlsson got hurt AND Mintyukov was benched.

Leo was just so good there, and him and mctavish was a thing going that they were working on at practice.

Our injuries have been the downfall this season.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just posted the line ups , we are actually almost fully healthy. I like Jones but he is a bottom 6 player and just missing Carlsson now.

There really is no F’ing excuses.

Reactions: Rooch and lwvs84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: