GDT: Game 38: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 1/7 7PM

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No GameCenter...:rant:
Had to listen to the "radio" - why anyone would do that consistently amazes me

Jackets blow a 3 goal lead.

Play like its 2015-16

I know the record is terrific but this is a team that finished 15-1-1and and then proceeded to have a crappy season after blowing a lead to the Rangers.

15 years of frustration makes one wonder.

Flyers lost 5 straight after a 9 (I think) game winning streak.

I'll be nervous for the next 10 or so.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The Jackets are the 2nd best team in the metro at least. They're better than the Rags/Caps and the last 2 games just convinced me about that. The Caps game was a payment to fortune. And the Rags game was a festivity of mistakes. They've got 3 goals from the guys who had scored ZERO prior the game and 2 goals from the Grabner/Jones duo. Just a little bit of anomaly.

Yep giving up 5 goals to each of those teams convinces me...:amazed:

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Turned off the game when it was 4-2. Looked so one-sided.

Oh, well. DooDoo happens. Bob needed a rest and CMac was, uh, not sharp. I know it's his job to come in when rusty, but sometimes a seldom-used back up is going to throw a stinker. Montoya of Montreal didn't win a game for over 2 months this year. CMac has been pretty good in his role this season. He'll just chalk it up and move, I hope.

I'd run CMac out again either at Carolina against Florida next week. I hope Torts doesn't nail him to the bench.

All is well. 16 of 18, well, there is no downside.

Shows how competitive the metro is when you win 16 of 18 and only lead Pitt by 3 points

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm a Rangers fan and I often see our fans whining how the Rangers suck if they lose a game. I see here that every fanbase has them.

Some of you are crazy if you don't believe Columbus is a real contender to win it all. To date, they have been the best team in the NHL. Your only weakness is your backup goaltender.

It's not the players that are fragile. It's a certain group of fans that every team in every sport has that is fragile.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm a Rangers fan and I often see our fans whining how the Rangers suck if they lose a game. I see here that every fanbase has them.

Some of you are crazy if you don't believe Columbus is a real contender to win it all. To date, they have been the best team in the NHL. Your only weakness is your backup goaltender.

It's not the players that are fragile. It's a certain group of fans that every team in every sport has that is fragile.

Why don't you go give Cleveland Browns fans some advice.:shakehead

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Why don't you go give Cleveland Browns fans some advice.:shakehead

Cleveland Browns fans have a reason to complain. Fans of teams that have a chance to win it all who complain every 5 seconds are looking for reasons to be unhappy.

There are people who could win millions in the lottery and then complain they have to pay taxes on their winnings.:shakehead

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hey guys, tough game last night and quite surprising we came back and won. That one is on Grabner.....i mean who does that with 16 seconds left?
In reality though, you guys let up on the pedal, and should be a lesson to your team. It was normal to expect some kind of letdown after the streak, but it wasnt a total meltdown of a game. I think Hank just made some timely saves when you had the big lead and really couldve ended the game right there. We hung around long enough and got a few by a guy we should be playing regularly. (Clendening)

I cant help but wonder what would have happened if the streak was ongoing.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Things go bad at times. that is understood. My concern is that for 2 games in a row, they have lost their aggression and having been playing on their heals. Once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, but three times can become a habit. Hopefully they regain their mojo against Philly today.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Cleveland Browns fans have a reason to complain. Fans of teams that have a chance to win it all who complain every 5 seconds are looking for reasons to be unhappy.

There are people who could win millions in the lottery and then complain they have to pay taxes on their winnings.:shakehead

So you're going to come in here and tell our board how we should feel, react and respond to what the current conditions are? I'm so glad you came along to show us the way to fandom.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
So you're going to come in here and tell our board how we should feel, react and respond to what the current conditions are? I'm so glad you came along to show us the way to fandom.

Except he was correct. Read every GDT for every team, they all sound exactly the same. Every team has their unwavering supporters, constantly seeing the positives, and every team has their own MFRONEs. Not sure why his post knocked anyone's nose out of joint.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Except he was correct. Read every GDT for every team, they all sound exactly the same. Every team has their unwavering supporters, constantly seeing the positives, and every team has their own MFRONEs. Not sure why his post knocked anyone's nose out of joint.

Oh I know how bi-polar GDTs are.. For you or me to walk into an opposing teams GDT and give advice to a fanbase when fan reaction is raw, is not what I would call constructive.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Oh I know how bi-polar GDTs are.. For you or me to walk into an opposing teams GDT and give advice to a fanbase when fan reaction is raw, is not what I would call constructive.

Really dude? Don't you have anything better to do?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Appreciate your expertise on a team you've seen play twice this year.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

No. I clearly stated that's how part of ALL fanbases react, including mine. Wasn't meant as a criticism of Columbus fans as a whole. Sorry you took it that way.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
We've already got people saying SOJ? I get not wanting to bask in the afterglow of the streak, but that's swinging the pendulum way too far in the other direction.

Lord almighty. These games happen. We hadn't had one in awhile. No sense in dwelling on it as much as some here are.

This:handclap:

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Hey guys, tough game last night and quite surprising we came back and won. That one is on Grabner.....i mean who does that with 16 seconds left?
In reality though, you guys let up on the pedal, and should be a lesson to your team. It was normal to expect some kind of letdown after the streak, but it wasnt a total meltdown of a game. I think Hank just made some timely saves when you had the big lead and really couldve ended the game right there. We hung around long enough and got a few by a guy we should be playing regularly. (Clendening)

I cant help but wonder what would have happened if the streak was ongoing.

Actually that play was mostly on Seth Jones. He just 80% whiffed on a pass. It was a bad mistake, but it happens. I also don't know if they so much let up on the pedal as they got into a 'protect the goal' situation because CMac was really struggling. I do agree that Hank was very good in the 3rd. If CMac was in the Rags goal Columbus may have scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes. Jackets fans get antsy because we've seen fragility many times over our history that manifests itself in epic 3rd period collapses.

I think the difference this year is that the CBJ actually has a full corps of talented and competent defensemen, something they've NEVER had before. It's hard not to be fragile when you just don't have a blue line that can play. They are young and they may struggle for a bit after this streak, but barring injuries I just don't see a collapse.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Thanks. I actually do appreciate you saying this. It's basically correct. A large part of the fanbase thinks of these issues as unique and doesn't have the experience of being a fan of another team.

The only thing I'd add is that it is the youngest team in the league, so maintaining an even keel is damn near impossible. But that's a whole different consideration from "same old Jackets" - or some supposed ineffable taint that will always haunt this franchise until we draft the savior.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Thanks. I actually do appreciate you saying this. It's basically correct. A large part of the fanbase thinks of these issues as unique and doesn't have the experience of being a fan of another team.

The only thing I'd add is that it is the youngest team in the league, so maintaining an even keel is damn near impossible. But that's a whole different consideration from "same old Jackets" - or some supposed ineffable taint that will always haunt this franchise until we draft the savior.

Viqsi, is that you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad