GDT: Game 38: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 1/7 7PM

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
The Jackets are the 2nd best team in the metro at least. They're better than the Rags/Caps and the last 2 games just convinced me about that. The Caps game was a payment to fortune. And the Rags game was a festivity of mistakes. They've got 3 goals from the guys who had scored ZERO prior the game and 2 goals from the Grabner/Jones duo. Just a little bit of anomaly.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I went on record as I thought we were the 4th best team in the Metro. I still think that is the case. Not really turning.

Pens, Caps, Ranger, CBJ.

I'm ok with that this season. The streak showed potential. I am good with that.

Nice prediction.

I had to go back to that thread. I picked them to come in 7th :laugh:

Way better than I ever thought.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The Jackets are the 2nd best team in the metro at least. They're better than the Rags/Caps and the last 2 games just convinced me about that. The Caps game was a payment to fortune. And the Rags game was a festivity of mistakes. They've got 3 goals from the guys who had scored ZERO prior the game and 2 goals from the Grabner/Jones duo. Just a little bit of anomaly.

The Caps are one of the top 5 teams in the league.

I think we are on par with the Rangers.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
CMac was baaad. I haven't read the thread, but need to make a couple saves on those goals from the dots. He could hear those pucks wiz by his ears.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
CMac was awful. He did take momentum away from the strong start in this game by giving up easy goals.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
CMac was baaad. I haven't read the thread, but need to make a couple saves on those goals from the dots. He could hear those pucks wiz by his ears.

He's the backup. Bob wasn't great the last game either. We really hasn't played well in front of them.

I think we'll rebound. We are really dynamic offensively and we can really force our will on others We'll beat the bottom half of the league with regularity.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Turned off the game when it was 4-2. Looked so one-sided.

Oh, well. DooDoo happens. Bob needed a rest and CMac was, uh, not sharp. I know it's his job to come in when rusty, but sometimes a seldom-used back up is going to throw a stinker. Montoya of Montreal didn't win a game for over 2 months this year. CMac has been pretty good in his role this season. He'll just chalk it up and move, I hope.

I'd run CMac out again either at Carolina against Florida next week. I hope Torts doesn't nail him to the bench.

All is well. 16 of 18, well, there is no downside.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Reminded me a lot of the Boston game. Really strong early with the Forecheck and early PP success, then got lazy and careless and allowed the Rangers back into it. Mac sucks, sure, but the rest of the group should take some of the blame for this one.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Mac sucks, sure, but the rest of the group should take some of the blame for this one.

You know as much grief as he receive around here he's done pretty well this season. I'm pretty tired of this nonsensical crap being thrown his way.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
You know as much grief as he receive around here he's done pretty well this season. I'm pretty tired of this nonsensical crap being thrown his way.

Yeah he was great on those Clendening goals. Give me a break. If he carried the load a regular NHL backup carries we wouldn't be sniffing 1st place.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah he was great on those Clendening goals. Give me a break. If he carried the load a regular NHL backup carries we wouldn't be sniffing 1st place.

Isn't it great when you make a prediction that can't be proven? Since you are dealing with total fantasy you can't be proven wrong.

Bravo!

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Isn't it great when you make a prediction that can't be proven? Since you are dealing with total fantasy you can't be proven wrong.

Bravo!

Do you seriously believe CMac is a quality NHL backup? The CBJ are #1 in the conference... Do you honestly think the position doesn't need upgraded, esp. if Bob were to go down?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Do you seriously believe CMac is a quality NHL backup?

Oh look, you respond with nothing related to what I posted. Misdirection! Bravo!

I think C-Mac is a backup goaltender in the league and that he has earned his money this season thus far. What you said, originally, was that he sucked.

Total craptastic posting at it's finest!

Nothing has change around here.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203

Bravo!

I'd actually argue the contrary...that it's been more than proven in the seasons when he's seen an extended period as our #1. Our defense is certainly improved this season but he, as we saw once again tonight, is not.

We have enough of a track record on the guy to know what to expect, if you choose to ignore the facts then feel free.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'd actually argue the contrary...that it's been more than proven in the seasons when he's seen an extended period as our #1.

He's a frigging backup; an average on at that. I'm not one is saying he's a #1.

WTF am I arguing here? It's like the perveriable monkey humping the football. C-Mac is a backup, nothing more nothing less.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Oh look, you respond with nothing related to what I posted. Misdirection! Bravo!

I think C-Mac is a backup goaltender in the league and that he has earned his money this season thus far. What you said, originally, was that he sucked.

Total craptastic posting at it's finest!

Nothing has change around here.

No, if you'll temper your condescension and defensiveness for a minute, you'll see that it was the another poster who said that above. It wasn't misdirection to trap you, it was a question following from your defense of him.

Despite his relatively good play in a small sample size this year, I believe CMac is a subpar backup goalie and the Jackets need to upgrade the (backup) position. When Bob was hurt last year, CMac was awful. On a team going nowhere it doesn't matter. On the team with the #1 record in the conference, it matters a lot.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Tough game for Mac, just didn't seem to see the puck all night. I think giving up 2 goals would have been reasonable, maybe 3. He's been great for us this year, so I'm not worried about 1 game.

Bad turnover by Seth at the end too, but I have no doubts we'll be ready to play hard tomorrow night.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
No, if you'll temper your condescension and defensiveness for a minute, you'll see that it was the another poster who said that above. It wasn't misdirection to trap you, it was a question following from your defense of him.

Buwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh

****ing nonsense. Oh yeah, I was "trapped".

Total lack of anything resembling coherent thought.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
On the season C-Mac has been good. Stole us a game or two even.

He'll be back out there playing plenty, and soon. And have a chance to prove he can do the job (or just run himself out of town.).

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
OK, I'll play.

C-Mac HAS been a good NHL backup goalie in the few games he's played for us this year... until tonight.

Yes, tonight he was crap. Tonight was the kind of game we've seen too often from him in previous years.

Yes, you could see it and sense it on the bench. The team was scrambley and not attacking with confidence because they feared the puck coming back the other way. Safe truly is death with this squad.

Yes, the rest of the club must share in the blame. The unfortunate Jones play at the end, a substandard FO%, only being able to score on one PP, the invisibility of Brandon Saad. Those things aren't on C-Mac.

Yes, this club needs a better backup if we have any hopes of maintaining our current status.

No, we do not need to trade for it. I'd have more confidence in either Korpi or Forsberg (just like we did last season).

And here's one more, I was calling for Torts to pull C-Mac after the 3rd goal, and again after the putrid 4th goal. Perhaps we should be exploring his decision to start C-Mac tonight (instead of Sunday) and then keep him in when he was clearly not sharp with his positioning.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The Caps are one of the top 5 teams in the league.

I think we are on par with the Rangers.

I agree about the Caps.

I think we're better than the Rangers. If Bob were playing tonight, we would have run them out of the building. You know who I'm worried about? Believe it or not, the Hurricanes might pose a problem for us.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I went on record as I thought we were the 4th best team in the Metro. I still think that is the case. Not really turning.

Pens, Caps, Ranger, CBJ.

I'm ok with that this season. The streak showed potential. I am good with that.

Good call. You're probably right and unfortunately we will play one of those teams in R1 (unless we have a CBJ like collapse during the final 43 games or whatever is left).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad