GDT: Game 38: Columbus vs. New York Rangers | 1/7 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm a Rangers fan and I often see our fans whining how the Rangers suck if they lose a game. I see here that every fanbase has them.

Some of you are crazy if you don't believe Columbus is a real contender to win it all. To date, they have been the best team in the NHL. Your only weakness is your backup goaltender.

It's not the players that are fragile. It's a certain group of fans that every team in every sport has that is fragile.

Absolutely, 100% this. You are awesome and you get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

There is one caveat, admittedly - it's going to take a while for folks here to get used to the idea that this team really is doing better, so some degree of apprehension and worry is understandable. We've been burned quite a few times, after all. But this team is legitimately good enough at this point that that should slowly fade until only the never-satisfied crowd is left.

* * *​
Viqsi, is that you?

Nope. Just folks recognizing that I might actually have a point now and again. :D

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus

There is one caveat, admittedly - it's going to take a while for folks here to get used to the idea that this team really is doing better, so some degree of apprehension and worry is understandable. We've been burned quite a few times, after all. But this team is legitimately good enough at this point that that should slowly fade until only the never-satisfied crowd is left.

* * *​

Nope. Just folks recognizing that I might actually have a point now and again. :D

I think one thing is that most teams in most past years just had more talent than the Jackets. That Jackets weren't missing the playoffs every year due to fragility, they were missing the playoffs because they weren't any good. What we chalk up to fragility is just not having the horses to compete with superior teams. I think the talent pendulum now is swinging in favor of the CBJ. It seems like the org is just doing a better job of developing prospects.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

* * *​

You always have a point. Some might say too hot (on fire), or too predatory :naughty:

Just having fun; always like your posts. May not always agree with you, but always like your sometimes different perspective on things. Helps that you have 2 teams - gives you a balanced perspective (sometimes) that we single-teamed fans don't have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad