GDT: Game 38: Columbus at St. Louis | 4/5 8:00 PM EDT | The most critical edition of them

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hope Cody is still with the team, didn't realize Nikitin never played in the 3rd period

I was wondering about that. Does anyone know what happened with Nikitin?

Oh, and BTW, they flew Golo back to Springy this afternoon.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
It was more sarcasm that we have to go 10-1-0, but we have to string together some serious wins, and i don't think we will be able to do it.

Our next three games are at home. I'm hoping that we can pull it off. If we go 2-1 for the rest of the season, we'll be close, and would put us at 6-3 (with one game left over), and put us at 51 points. With two games against Minny, two games against San Jose, we could definitely make up some ground. Unlikely, yes. But not impossible. We come out flat in the next game or two, and it'll be a completely different story.

If we can manage to win the next three games at home, then I would say our chances are much better. (But still not great).

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Our next three games are at home. I'm hoping that we can pull it off. If we go 2-1 for the rest of the season, we'll be close, and would put us at 6-3 (with one game left over), and put us at 51 points. With two games against Minny, two games against San Jose, we could definitely make up some ground. Unlikely, yes. But not impossible. We come out flat in the next game or two, and it'll be a completely different story.

If we can manage to win the next three games at home, then I would say our chances are much better. (But still not great).

If we can win the next three we will be 4 games over .500, that will put us in the hunt again regardless of what other teams do.... That said, we need points and we need to win almost every night...

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
Yes, its on us. I'm just refusing to credit the Blues here. They were outplayed. The only thing they did well is trap.

That excuse gets old. I will admit your guys outplayed us but not by much. What part were you watching where we were playing a "trap"? There is no trap in St Louis and if you complain about it, it means you do not know what a trap is and didn't watch the NHL pre- 04-05 lockout.

Bitterness doesn't give you the right to not give credit where its deserved and play the blame game. Nice try though...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Detroit playing for the 2nd point as they go to OT.

As DJ has said several times, it looks like the battle for the 8th seed is now focused on Detroit only.... I doubt we can catch the Blues now if they keep winning.

Detroit won so even the 8th spot is harder...

Ugh.... nothing is going our way of late... ****

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That excuse gets old. I will admit your guys outplayed us but not by much. What part were you watching where we were playing a "trap"? There is no trap in St Louis and if you complain about it, it means you do not know what a trap is and didn't watch the NHL pre- 04-05 lockout.

Bitterness doesn't give you the right to not give credit where its deserved and play the blame game. Nice try though...

I'm all for defending your team in the NHL talk threads or the Trade threads. But to come here looking for stuff in our GDT to fight about isn't right.

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
I'm all for defending your team in the NHL talk threads or the Trade threads. But to come here looking for stuff in our GDT to fight about isn't right.

I actually came here to point out that I felt you guys outplayed us but show up to a bunch of trap talk. I just hate seeing people use it as an excuse for bad breaks or to discount any team, especially mine.

I guess I may have come off a bit harsh, to which I apologize. I am honestly not looking for a fight. I like to read you GDT's because I am a fan and love that you guys have a shot at the PO's and look to root for you guys in the East next year.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Your team played a hell of a game tonight.... 3 wins in row when wins are needed..

Just one question, how many rookie goalies can you play to rally the troops? :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Perhaps I'm using the term too loosely. I don't, BTW, consider any defensive scheme to be illegitimate. If you play it well, good for you. And it was a good shutdown game in the third.

But the Blues really didn't have a good game tonight. The Jackets had almost all of the good chances to score.

Oh, and I forgot about Jake Allen. Perhaps I can say the Blues played well, but only because Jake Allen did.

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
Perhaps I'm using the term too loosely. I don't, BTW, consider any defensive scheme to be illegitimate. If you play it well, good for you. And it was a good shutdown game in the third.

But the Blues really didn't have a good game tonight. The Jackets had almost all of the good chances to score.

You are absolutely right, I much more appreciate the term "shutdown game". I thought we played sloppy most of the game and our passing has been pretty bad for the past few but we have managed to squeak out of a few bad spots.

I will say I was scared for the first time in a long time and felt the Jackets buzzing when you had the Vinny-Anisimov-Gabby line out there. I think you guys will have something special there for the future for sure

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
You are absolutely right, I much more appreciate the term "shutdown game". I thought we played sloppy most of the game and our passing has been pretty bad for the past few but we have managed to squeak out of a few bad spots.

I will say I was scared for the first time in a long time and felt the Jackets buzzing when you had the Vinny-Anisimov-Gabby line out there. I think you guys will have something special there for the future for sure

I think you know who John Davidson is, that said, we are thinking we have a bright future too.... being in the East next year we won't meet as often but it will be fun nevertheless...

CitizenSnips

TheFightingMongooses
Nov 23, 2011
St. Louis
I think you know who John Davidson is, that said, we are thinking we have a bright future too.... being in the East next year we won't meet as often but it will be fun nevertheless...

STL still loves JD, but do not underestimate Jarmo. Those two together WILL build you something special and I am glad you are not going to be in our division

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH

The Blues suck ass. Your team, your captain, your coach; all jokes.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Hey Wisniewski and Aucoin, take your $8M of contracts and GTFO of town! Unreal that Wiz makes $5.5 mil a year. It aggravates me even more that Richards even considered pairing the two and trusting them to play quality defense, I guess we saw the result of that..

For all those dogging on Prout, yes he had a bad night tonight and hasn't been very consistent lately. Don't forget though, he is a rookie playing in games that carry more meaning than any he has ever played. Is it acceptable for an NHL defenseman to have the type of game he had tonight? No. Is it understandable in Prout's case compared to guys like Wiz and Aucoin? Hell Yes.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Blues suck ass. Your team, your captain, your coach; all jokes.

This is like one of those barfights where folks calm things down fairly quickly, and then some drunk runs in from the bathroom and starts socking people.

I respect the Blues. The only thing I thought tonight was that they were giving us some golden chances, which is kind of ridiculous when they have the defence of:

Pietrangelo-Bouwmeester
Shattenkirk-Leopold
Polak-Jackman

That should be Stanley defence, but tonight they were the Keystone Cops.

ConoR187

Aug 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
its frustrating having our playoff hopes piss away with how amazing bob is playing.. the east knows bob and im not confident he can keep a close level to what hes playing now next season

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
its frustrating having our playoff hopes piss away with how amazing bob is playing.. the east knows bob and im not confident he can keep a close level to what hes playing now next season

the west has had 37 or so games to figure him out, and its not working because hes gotten better. hes a different goalie than last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad