GDT: Game 38: Avs @ Flames | Wednesday, January 4th, 8pm MT | Group Therapy Here

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(12-24-1) --vs-- (20-17-2)

[fieldset=WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER]

Frequently-Offered-Groups3.jpg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset=LOCATION: SADDLEDOME - CALGARY, AB]
1297516257619_ORIGINAL.jpg

[/fieldset]

[fieldset= AVALANCHE PROJECTED LINEUP]
extralarge.png

MIKKO RANTANEN - MATT DUCHENE - JAROME IGINLA
GABRIEL LANDESKOG - NATHAN MACKINNON - RENE BOURQUE
MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO - CARL SODERBERG - BLAKE COMEAU
JOE COLBORNE - JOHN MITCHELL - CODY MCLEOD

FEDOR TYUTIN - TYSON BARRIE
FRANCOIS BEAUCHEMIN - CODY GOLOUBEF
NIKITA ZADOROV - PATRICK WIERCIOCH

PICKARD

[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=FLAMES PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

MATTHEW TKACHUK - MIKAEL BACKLUND - MICHAEL FROLIK
JOHNNY GAUDREAU - SEAN MONAHAN - ALEX CHIASSON
KRIS VERSTEEG - SAM BENNETT - MICHEAL FERLAND
LANCE BOUMA - MATT STAJAN - GARNET HATHAWAY

MARK GIORDANO - DOUGIE HAMILTON
TJ BRODIE - DENNIS WIDEMAN
JYRKI JOKIPAKKA - DERYK ENGELLAND

ELLIOTT
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET= GDT TUNES]

[/FIELDSET]

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
My name is the_fan and I like to torture myself by being a fan of the Colorado Avalanche.

This team needs a 12 step program for real

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I will go with 6-3 Flames.

That Beauchemin-Gobblenuts pairing will be -3 or -4.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'll be at the game tonight. Looking forward to pocket dogs and a malt ice cream, may dabble in some mini donuts too. From an Avs perspective, I just hope the core players look good, everyone else can continue to suck if need be.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Our team sucks. At this point what are we going to do? I say just try and enjoy wats left of the season and hope we get a pile of picks the next few drafts. I personally only watch now to see Z, Rantanen and Mackinnon. I also watch because any day now Matt or Gabriel could be traded so I wanna enjoy their final games in an Avs jersey.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Our team sucks. At this point what are we going to do? I say just try and enjoy wats left of the season and hope we get a pile of picks the next few drafts. I personally only watch now to see Z, Rantanen and Mackinnon. I also watch because any day now Matt or Gabriel could be traded so I wanna enjoy their final games in an Avs jersey.

I hope Sakic doesn't make those trades because i don't even wanna know how badly he'll get fleeced. I wont mind those guys getting traded as long as the trades are made by a GM who knows what he's doing

Last edited:

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I hope Sakic doesn't make those trades because i don't even wanna know how badly he'll get fleeced. I wont mind those guys getting traded as long as the trades are made by a GM who knows what he's doing

Sooooo tired of hearing this. Seriously, apart from a few bad FA pickups and extensions, what has Sakic done that is SOOOOOO bad? He's basically handled one trade and we did not get fleeced. He may not be the best GM, but he's no idiot and I've heard enough level headed comments (including the one about not selling low on Dutchy/Gabe (literally the exact opposite of what your implying)) that I'm still up in the air about him.

Watch, he makes one slick ass trade, handles the offseason efficiently with our new capspace, and we turn it right around next year a la CBJ or MTL and all of a sudden he's coming out smelling like roses. Not saying it's going to happen...just that it COULD happen, and you sir...will eat crow.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I didn't know where to post this so i'll post it here, but here is a little irony that might interest some people.

This whole new Blue Jacket regime the Avs seem to be following, how about Jackets scoring 10 goals against Montreal who scores 10 goals against the Avs.

How about Blue Jackets on a 16 game winning streak, while the Avs are dead last place in the league, plummeting into the ground.

Am i the only one that finds all that pretty ironic?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
At this point what are we going to do? I say just try and enjoy wats left of the season and hope we get a pile of picks the next few drafts. I personally only watch now to see Z, Rantanen and Mackinnon. I also watch because any day now Matt or Gabriel could be traded so I wanna enjoy their final games in an Avs jersey.

Yeah you say that but it's more enjoyable to just watch good teams lol. I mean these GDT threads are more fun to read than seeing the Avs now plus there's little joy in them, it's mostly frustration at Beuchemin, Barrie, and co than it is being able to admire Duchene or Rantanen.

I'm just in suspension mode from the Avs now sorta monitoring the news to see if Sakic pokes his head out of the hole (maybe around Groundhog day?) and gets a draft pick or two.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I didn't know where to post this so i'll post it here, but here is a little irony that might interest some people.

This whole new Blue Jacket regime the Avs seem to be following, how about Jackets scoring 10 goals against Montreal who scores 10 goals against the Avs.

How about Blue Jackets on a 16 game winning streak, while the Avs are dead last place in the league, plummeting into the ground.

Am i the only one that finds all that pretty ironic?

So what you're saying is that the Avs are Naturopathic Doctors to the jackets. We've taken all their negative energy away and have allowed them to fulfill their true potential :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad