GDT: Game 37: Avs at Nucks | 2 Jan 8pm MT, 3 Jan 9:30am MMT | For Real This Time, STNYR*

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I swear some of you won't be pleased until you see players having a full on meltdown in front of cameras. Swearing, screaming, the works.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I swear some of you won't be pleased until you see players having a full on meltdown in front of cameras. Swearing, screaming, the works.

"They can't act like that in front of the media. The atmosphere in the locker room is toxic. It's going to ruin the young guys' development. Quit acting like little babies and start playing better."

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Not for nothing but I think Pickard is close. I kinda want Bednar to go a little crazy. Grigorenko going on a profanity laced tirade would make me smile. Thats about it though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not getting the Landeskog hate here. Avs as a whole group have been just pathetic, how any of you guys are targeting one of the hardest workers there is beyond belief. Should he be scoring more? Yes, but nobody is getting it done, especially on the powerplay. Duchene leads the team with 13 goals, but only a handful of them are at home. MacKinnon keeps button-hooking in the zone. Barrie can't defend to save his life.

This is also the reason I am not harder on Comeau. Does he suck as a player? Yes. Is he hockey dumb? Absolutely. Is he a penatly *****? Also yes, but the dude at least competes and tries his hardest. I think we can all agree on that one of the worst aspects of this years Avs is that they're so soft. Rycroft has shown us countless number of clips of players who simply do not want the puck. Landeskog is one of the only few who gives his heart out and has the desire to win a freakin' board battle. There much greater demons on this Avs team than just to focus on one of the best effort players here. And this is coming from me who would trade him for a #2 defenceman.

What realistically are they supposed to say?
That they've been stealing the fans money since 2009?

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

I'd honestly take that over a season full of complete indifference. There are various ways to make a statement - bench someone, demote someone, trade someone. When is even one of those things going to happen in relevant fashion? The same lazy idiots who make the same lazy idiot plays are out there night after night, and we're expecting something magical to change?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I blame Hollywood. Seems people think leadership is holding firebrand speeches while in reality it's much more boring.

While some probably would enjoy self flagellation in front of cameras, saying less to the media is probably smarter. Ask Sakic, who was famous for being a boring interview target.

Last edited:

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
The same lazy idiots who make the same lazy idiot plays are out there night after night, and we're expecting something magical to change?

I expected no magic
I'm glad they haven't done anything this season (though they should have benched/sent down some of the dead weight in favor of playing more of the youth)
I thought most of us agreed going in that this season was going to be a throw away with the satisfaction of getting some awful contracts off the books after the end of the season to allow us to address some of the issues

sure they are playing even below my low expectations but if anyone didn't see the writing on the wall for this season, they weren't looking at the wall

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Scorched earth. I want sniping at each other in post-game locker room interviews. You. Colborne. You're a useless ****. Then a scrap while Chambers desperately tries to Facebook Live it. If you say you don't want this to happen you're lying.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Scorched earth. I want sniping at each other in post-game locker room interviews. You. Colborne. You're a useless ****. Then a scrap while Chambers desperately tries to Facebook Live it. If you say you don't want this to happen you're lying.

I'd love to see the Colborne vs Grigorenko slap fest

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

YES, imagine the comments Varly must have after having to suffer this team's ****** D for so long.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think i was misunderstood, yet again...

When i'm saying i hope they stop making excuses, i'm not asking for much. All they have to do, meaning Bednar and players, after every loss, stop saying the PP was the reason we lost, or the PK. I get that they are trying to stay positive and all, but no one is that dumb to believe that the PP and PK are the reasons for this team on a verge of setting a record of fewest points in a season in their franchise history and overall one of the worst seasons by any team.

If you don't want to admit the truth on the camera or post game interviews that the team is just dismantled, just say we tried, but we lost again, something in that nature. That's somewhat positive and doesn't sound as dumb as, we played a good hard game but lost because the PP wasn't good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad