GDT: Game 37: Avs at Nucks | 2 Jan 8pm MT, 3 Jan 9:30am MMT | For Real This Time, STNYR*

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
*Start the New Year Right...Take Two

Game 37:

:avs at :nucks

2 Jan 8pm MT, 3 Jan 9:30am MMT

:avs

GABRIEL LANDESKOG - NATHAN MACKINNON - MIKKO RANTANEN
MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO - MATT DUCHENE - RENE BOURQUE
BLAKE COMEAU - CARL SODERBERG - JAROME IGINLA
ANDREAS MARTINSEN - JOHN MITCHELL - CODY MCLEOD

FEDOR TYUTIN - TYSON BARRIE
NIKITA ZADOROV - FRANCOIS BEAUCHEMIN
PATRICK WIERCIOCH - ERIC GELINAS

CALVIN PICKARD (projected)

:nucks

DANIEL SEDIN - HENRIK SEDIN - JAYSON MEGNA
MARKUS GRANLUND - BRANDON SUTTER - LOUI ERIKSSON
SVEN BAERTSCHI - BO HORVAT - ALEXANDRE BURROWS
BRENDAN GAUNCE - MICHAEL CHAPUT - JACK SKILLE

ALEXANDER EDLER - TROY STECHER
LUCA SBISA - CHRISTOPHER TANEV
BEN HUTTON - NIKITA TRYAMKIN

RYAN MILLER (projected)

Still in Myanmar being as lazy as possible :) Also, if they lose this one, I will leave it up to the group if I should continue doing these, as I think they have won one game in 3 seasons worth of GDTs by me.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Canucks are bad. Quite bad indeed. But Avs have a few non-tricks up their sleeves.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
This ****** hockey news site in Finland just had an article about MacKinnon being one of the biggest disappointments of the season. They did mention he leads the team in points but...

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
yeah, found it. pretty lame. looks like most of their articles are like that, at least when it comes to the NHL. the title of the article tells pretty much everything that it contains.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
:avs

GABRIEL LANDESKOG - NATHAN MACKINNON - MIKKO RANTANEN
MIKHAIL GRIGORENKO - MATT DUCHENE - RENE BOURQUE
BLAKE COMEAU - CARL SODERBERG - JAROME IGINLA
ANDREAS MARTINSEN - JOHN MITCHELL - CODY MCLEOD

FEDOR TYUTIN - TYSON BARRIE
NIKITA ZADOROV - FRANCOIS BEAUCHEMIN
PATRICK WIERCIOCH - ERIC GELINAS

CALVIN PICKARD (projected)

First line: Assuming Landy is back and playing well that's a decent first line.

Second line: no to both wingers.

Third line: if Bourque was bumped down the third line wing and Iginla gets traded that should be an adequate third line. Soda can't be this terrible forever can he?

Fourth line: do not want.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs are due for a win and the Nucks aside from goaltending are not much better right now than we are.

Very winnable game but we usually are not that great against the Nucks for whatever reason.

So will probably be very close.

I still think we win. Time to tie and then surpass Arizona.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Grigorenko always seems to play well with Duchene for some reason. I really hope that second line can work, if only to boost RB's trade value at the deadline.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
This ****** hockey news site in Finland just had an article about MacKinnon being one of the biggest disappointments of the season. They did mention he leads the team in points but...

Let's face it, he has been a disappointment since his rookie year. All the other 1st overall picks as far as forwards are all out playing MacKinnon. Even Eichel has a better PPG right now. Matthews is better, Laine etc...all out playing MacKinnon, and some of those players went 2nd overall

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Let's face it, he has been a disappointment since his rookie year. All the other 1st overall picks as far as forwards are all out playing MacKinnon. Even Eichel has a better PPG right now. Matthews is better, Laine etc...all out playing MacKinnon, and some of those players went 2nd overall

Well, if he keeps it up past his rookie season then we can talk. The "sophomore jinx" is one of the few areas where I disagree with the stats crowd. It absolutely IS a thing.

And MacKinnon's outplaying Nugent-Hopkins and I'd also argue he's outplaying Ekblad.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Well, if he keeps it up past his rookie season then we can talk. The "sophomore jinx" is one of the few areas where I disagree with the stats crowd. It absolutely IS a thing.

And MacKinnon's outplaying Nugent-Hopkins and I'd also argue he's outplaying Ekblad.

Yakupov too, slightly.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yakupov is a bust, so that comparison doesn't really hold an argument, Ekblad is a d-man, so it's not fair to compare MacKinnon to him.

The good argument is, that players like Matthews, Laine, are outplaying MacKinnon as rookies while MacKInnon is in his 4th season. I'm not even mentioning McDavid because that's just not comparable.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006

And Yakupov. :)

MacK is pacing for about 60 points right now I think? That about what should be expected from him. He's playing well as he can.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yakupov is a bust, so that comparison doesn't really hold an argument, Ekblad is a d-man, so it's not fair to compare MacKinnon to him.

The good argument is, that players like Matthews, Laine, are outplaying MacKinnon as rookies while MacKInnon is in his 4th season. I'm not even mentioning McDavid because that's just not comparable.

Yakupov is a first pick like any other.

Why would you compare first overall picks to each other anyway? Within his draft are the only comparisons that have any significance.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Mack won the Calder in case we forgot. Let's see where those guys are in their 4th seasons and expected to carry the team. That's great they look good as rookies 3 months into their career. As far as expectations, it's absolutely fair to compare Ekblad, he got paid and is supposed to be a big contributor to his team. Nearly every 2/3/4 year pro has gone through some slumps.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yakupov is a first pick like any other.

Why would you compare first overall picks to each other anyway? Within his draft are the only comparisons that have any significance.

omg such a good point. like why does other years matter , at all. we wouldnt have had the opportunity to select them any ways so...

We've seen what he's capable of when paired with the right players so i aint worried.

..about him necessarily..its the mgmt im concerned about

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad