GDT: Game 37: Anaheim Ducks vs Toronto Maple Leafs, 6pm PT,BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'll add Lundy to my list of guys I like to see play. Still hoping he can pop. I've pretty much given up on him but I had given up on Vaakanainen, too, so screw me.
I'm in the same boat. I have no faith in Lundestrom becoming a useful NHL player, but as you said, I felt the same about Vaakanainen.

At least it will be something different. I still feel like this team is better than what we've seen the last month. They're not as good as they were in October, but they're not as bad as what they've been lately. I'm hoping any kind of a shakeup will get the ketchup bottle flowing.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'll add Lundy to my list of guys I like to see play. Still hoping he can pop. I've pretty much given up on him but I had given up on Vaakanainen, too, so screw me.

I'm in the same boat. I have no faith in Lundestrom becoming a useful NHL player, but as you said, I felt the same about Vaakanainen.

At least it will be something different. I still feel like this team is better than what we've seen the last month. They're not as good as they were in October, but they're not as bad as what they've been lately. I'm hoping any kind of a shakeup will get the ketchup bottle flowing.
I agree with wanting him to pop, but he’s already proven to be a useful NHLer. Some of y’all are silly.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

The problem with this team and I think all of us agree here is.. The players are all playing out of their roles.. We cant have 4th liners playing 2nd line minutes.. And thats whats happening.. To many players playing where they should not be.. and the players that are supposed to be producing.. are not..

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I agree with wanting him to pop, but he’s already proven to be a useful NHLer. Some of y’all are silly.
I don't necessarily agree. I think he's been bad. The goal-scoring success he's had was a shooting percentage fluke. He's a defense-first player who hasn't proven to be good at defense. He has no ability to drive offense. He doesn't bring physicality.

Maybe Lundestrom will show something under Cronin that he didn't under Eakins. So I'm interested to see what he does. But I don't think he's proven anything.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So Z goes 3 points in 4 games as a center, and they move him to wing? Makes sense.

And no, DVM, I don't care about his 40.0 FO%. ;)

Silver lining here is that Z was playing wing often when Rico took the faceoffs in previous years. I do like these two together as Rico hasn't hampered Z's scoring. Rico was there as Z's wing and FO man for the past two seasons where Z put up 60+ points. It's possible that Rico just takes the faceoffs and Z plays the center duties.

Reactions: anezthes

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don't necessarily agree. I think he's been bad. The goal-scoring success he's had was a shooting percentage fluke. He's a defense-first player who hasn't proven to be good at defense. He has no ability to drive offense. He doesn't bring physicality.

Maybe Lundestrom will show something under Cronin that he didn't under Eakins. So I'm interested to see what he does. But I don't think he's proven anything.

I feel like we're watching two different players and two different teams. It seems like stat watching vs physically watching scouting descriptions. Lundy is a defensive (shutdown) center with speed. That's his game before the Ducks drafted him. He has been our best defensive forward for years now. Lundy is probably our best defensive forward on this team today.

I think the word "physical or physicality" is nebulous on these boards. Gotta more specific with physical play such as Manson/Gudas physicality or Lindholm physicality? Lundy plays like Lindholm physicality.

Last season, Lundy was playing through a "recovered injury". His skating just wasn't as explosive as 2021-22 season. In 2021-22, he notched 4 shorties compared to just 1 last year - emphasizing he wasn't fully healthy. Scoring shorties aren't fluke scenarios.

Now, he's returning from a torn Achilles. Not sure if he's 100% healthy, let alone 100% NHL ready. Defensive forwards with speed like Lundy can always find a niche in the NHL.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
The team is objectively less interesting to watch than last season IMO. If not for Minty and JD, I would watch a lot less of the games than I do. There's just very little here to get excited about.
Yes. The defensive talent is immeasurably increased, but the team’s heart and effort is quite lacking. Last year they may not have known where they were going, but they got there quickly, and never quit. This year, they spend waaaaay to much time also not knowing where they’re going, and clearly don’t give many shits about trying to get to where that is.

I’m going tonight solely because I know if I don’t that they’re gonna win. If I was remotely intelligent, I’d fleece some Toronto fan.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Yes. The defensive talent is immeasurably increased, but the team’s heart and effort is quite lacking. Last year they may not have known where they were going, but they got there quickly, and never quit. This year, they spend waaaaay to much time also not knowing where they’re going, and clearly don’t give many shits about trying to get to where that is.

I’m going tonight solely because I know if I don’t that they’re gonna win. If I was remotely intelligent, I’d fleece some Toronto fan.
I don't know, I feel like the effort level this season surpasses last season pretty easily. There have been a few games in this stretch where they sagged, but it's been far better than last year. The backchecking in particular has been light years better.

Reactions: Deuce22

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Silver lining here is that Z was playing wing often when Rico took the faceoffs in previous years. I do like these two together as Rico hasn't hampered Z's scoring. Rico was there as Z's wing and FO man for the past two seasons where Z put up 60+ points. It's possible that Rico just takes the faceoffs and Z plays the center duties.

I just want to know what the plan is for Z. I think it's going to be Leo and Mac at the 1-2 punch down the middle. We need all these guys back, including Terry to start building some chemistry. It's been very few and far between that they had all these guys in the line up together.

Reactions: Arthuros

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jones played last night, and shut out the Kings, so yeah….

IMG_5313.gif

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
starting Jones in a back to back is so odd. Not like we're an offensive juggernaut; could easily see Hildeby getting a shutout against us in his first nhl game.

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad