GDT: Game 36: Columbus vs. Edmonton | 1/3 7PM

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
Wife and I went last night. She is liking the live experience better than TV and remarked to me last night "I think I get it now, why they do that (things like dump and chase, playing defense on a penalty kill, how there is always someone attacking an open spot on the ice, etc...)" because it's easier to see the entire ice vs closer and even changing camera angles.

Winning is also a plus :)

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
Wife and I went last night. She is liking the live experience better than TV and remarked to me last night "I think I get it now, why they do that (things like dump and chase, playing defense on a penalty kill, how there is always someone attacking an open spot on the ice, etc...)" because it's easier to see the entire ice vs closer and even changing camera angles.

Winning is also a plus :)

Same with my GF. Raised in a football/college basketball house, but live Blue Jackets and Cyclones games have hooked her. She said last night when we were watching on TV, "when you watch on TV and the puck goes to the edge of the zone and guys are out of the TV shot you spend a lot of time hoping your player is there to stop it, but when you're in person you know that player is there so you're able to watch the game completely different"

I'd never thought about that before.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Awesome game by the Jackets. Keep your eye on the ball, this will be a big test in Washington.

Two random thoughts:

1) What are people's thoughts on the next game for CMac? Philly on Sunday? Bob is getting a lot of work right now.

2) How many Ohio Pen/Hawk fans have started getting CBJ merch to get ready to jump on the bandwagon?

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Awesome game by the Jackets. Keep your eye on the ball, this will be a big test in Washington.

Two random thoughts:

1) What are people's thoughts on the next game for CMac? Philly on Sunday? Bob is getting a lot of work right now.

2) How many Ohio Pen/Hawk fans have started getting CBJ merch to get ready to jump on the bandwagon?

1. I doubt it but if the record is in hand I think its a good idea.

2. Very few. Those teams have to be in the basement and the Jackets have to be on top for that to happen. You might get some pulling for the Jackets until they play their team.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Two random thoughts:

1. CMac will get more starts as the games begin to stack up and come more quickly. It is correct to assume thathe could see action on Sunday against Philadelphia. The players know he is part of tis team and wants to help him be a part of this success also.

2. The answer to this question would require a poll. None are available currently to conduct this. Since November 8th, they have either quit, been drunk or gone back for remedial training.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
1. CMac will get more starts as the games begin to stack up and come more quickly. It is correct to assume thathe could see action on Sunday against Philadelphia. The players know he is part of tis team and wants to help him be a part of this success also.

2. The answer to this question would require a poll. None are available currently to conduct this. Since November 8th, they have either quit, been drunk or gone back for remedial training.

While not one to put huge emphasis on stuff like this, it seems exactly stuff like the bolded above that fuels magical runs (not just the 16 game streak but magical seasons out of nowhere). Everyone plays their role, everyone respects everyone else's role. The goal scorers get headlines, but what is fun about this team (and yes even here on HFB lately) is that there are as many props for Wild Bill, Nutivaara and Sedlak as there are for Cam, Saad and Foligno. Even JJ and Savard getting lots of love. Maybe the ultimate team sport, in that EVERYONE plays, and on this team gets recognized.

And yes, even C-Mac. While he hasn't played much, 2-0-2 is a huge contribution. 0-4 and CBJ is not in first place. Being patient but ready is another bigtime contribution, one that would be hard for either Korpi or Forsberg to handle (not to mention that they need to play for development purposes also). And C-Mac will be needed more down the stretch. to keep Bob fresh and healthy.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Same with my GF. Raised in a football/college basketball house, but live Blue Jackets and Cyclones games have hooked her. She said last night when we were watching on TV, "when you watch on TV and the puck goes to the edge of the zone and guys are out of the TV shot you spend a lot of time hoping your player is there to stop it, but when you're in person you know that player is there so you're able to watch the game completely different"

I'd never thought about that before.

That was always one of my tricks for identifying defensive awareness while watching games on the TV - who appears from the edge of the screen on an opposition transition where and at what time. "If they're doing it right, they should be riiiiight about... there. Yep, got it." ;)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
My biggest impression of this game was how workmanlike and methodical the Jackets played. No surging emotions, just "get the job done boys". This, I think, bodes well for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad