GDT: Game 36: Anaheim at Columbus 3/31 6:00PM EDT : Easter Egg Edition

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Good effort :handclap:

Nashville needs to win the game they are behind to be even.
Edmonton and Dallas need to win one of the 2 they are behind to be even, pretty much same pace as they are in now.
Blues has the upper hand. Rest is pretty even or less I would say.
But with the Jackets late rally I would say the chance is there so go jackets !!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I remember the very first game in the Schott- Pitt-NJ odelein & souray took turns going with Matthew Barnaby. We need Matt tonight.

I remember that game too. Barnaby needed to have his ass kicked! I remember the next game too and thinking about the Chicago Blackhawks "man, these guys really suck!"

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No, we did not deserve to get two points tonight based on our play in the 3rd period.

But given the number of nights this year we deserved points and got none thanks to bad luck or ref/Toronto screwovers, I'll take it anyways and like it. :D

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Bobby, Bobby. Way to get the extra point. These guys never say never.

teamkory

Dec 18, 2006
make the playoffs or not, this team is trending upward and man it is fun to watch! This is our last year in the west, and man does it feel GOOD to be a JACKETS FAN.

My avatar is from the season we made the playoffs. Lets go. BELIEVE!!!!!

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
What I really enjoyed was the celebration after the game winning goal. This team plays a unit win or lose. The chemistry is nice to see.

This. They mobbed Letestu, grins all around. Pure joy. It's nice to be reminded once in a while watching a scene like that... This is a business, but it's also a game.

What an electric atmosphere tonight.

Another thing I've come to appreciate is when the game stars clap for/to the home crowd as they are announced and skate out. Bob has done this, Arty, too every time. Now, it's catching on with the rest of the team. These boys are winning hearts along with games.

OldGoaltender

Jul 17, 2006
The Triad NC
This. They mobbed Letestu, grins all around. Pure joy. It's nice to be reminded once in a while watching a scene like that... This is a business, but it's also a game.

What an electric atmosphere tonight.

Another thing I've come to appreciate is when the game stars clap for/to the home crowd as they are announced and skate out. Bob has done this, Arty, too every time. Now, it's catching on with the rest of the team. These boys are winning hearts along with games.

I've noticed Bob doing this. Glad to hear it's catching on. I really like this team.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Back from the game............the boys stole one tonight!

Artie, Little Cam & Matty C have the makings of a real good line..............Test Tube & Brass were solid also.

But the story of this game (and season so far) is BOB THE BLOCKER!!!!!!!!!:yo::yo:

Also, for my money at least, a special shout out to #24. Mac is buzzing all over the ice on every shift, finishing every check, always in position, responsible in his zone.............for those looking for a candidate for the "C"...........we could do a hell of lot worse...............:handclap:

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

This is great to hear.

You know, these last two have really been pretty big wins. During the streak, the team was full of confidence and expecting to win. But then streaks are funny things that can feed off themselves and create something that doesn't really reflect reality. And then they end, and the good moments that happened during them are sort of separated out because it was during the streak.

Maybe that's just how it seems to fans, or at least this fan- maybe players don't see it that way at all.

Anyway, they went on the road and had a tough go of it, especially that Edmonton game in certain respects because it felt so winnable.

Point being, winning in Calgary and then against Anaheim (a strong team!) seems like a great statement after the road struggles. Says a lot about the resiliency of this team, and the fragility that's been purged.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
It's just remarkable that this team is in a playoff spot. Who would have thought after the first 12 games (3-7-2) that the CBJ would currently hold the final spot of the playoffs?

12-7-5 in their last 24 games is nothing to sneeze at. Points in 12 games in a row is probably the 3rd or 4rth best streak of the year in the entire league.

Here's to an 8-4 finish which would probably lock up a playoff spot:partytime:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Loving the spirit you got there. Bob keeps on doing well.

Hopefully the Ducks can help you guys in Dallas, though Lehtonen has good record against Ducks.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I remember the very first game in the Schott- Pitt-NJ odelein & souray took turns going with Matthew Barnaby. We need Matt tonight.

I was sitting in the nosebleeds for that game. Odelein and Barnaby got thrown after a fight. About 20 minutes later, a well-dressed Matthew Barnaby walked up the aisle and sat down a couple of rows behind me. I guess he thought in a cowtown like Columbus nobody would notice him, but about two minutes later he was surrounded by kids, and he was off like the wind.

need the playmaking genius of letestu to end this mess

Nice call on this.

It's fun to be scoreboard watching this late in the season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What I really enjoyed was the celebration after the game winning goal. This team plays a unit win or lose. The chemistry is nice to see.

After a game which saw the good guys increasingly pushed around, which was frustrating to the home crowd, a couple frustrating non-calls and a third period that looked for sure like it would prove the team's undoing. To have it end in joy and to see the guys celebrate as one like that -- it was actually kind of moving. Great to see that.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Bob, Matty-boy, Testtube, and Dalton Prout.

For years we've hoped for and needed a couple of surprise players, and now we've found four.

Yes, they were picked by XGMSH, but they didn't play FOR him.

--------

I was shocked to see our speed in overtime.
Where did those legs come from??

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Interesting game. For, at least, the day we are above the bar and forcing teams with games in hand to do something with them.

These next 5 games will be fascinating. Two of the teams aren't playing well, two of them are. I'm not sure what we are going to get from game to game, ATM (mostly because of road games).

Good of the team. No one would have thought a month ago they would even pop above the bar for a day or two. Amazing accomplishment.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Bob, Matty-boy, Testtube, and Dalton Prout.

For years we've hoped for and needed a couple of surprise players, and now we've found four.

Yes, they were picked by XGMSH, but they didn't play FOR him.

--------

I was shocked to see our speed in overtime.
Where did those legs come from??
I remember when Derek Dorsett, Derick Brassard, and Steve Mason were the surprise players. And they'd legitimately not played for XGMDM at the NHL level, as opposed to everyone you mentioned. :)

Let's not play the "Howson does/doesn't deserve credit" game, okay? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad