GDT: Game 35: Columbus at Minnesota | 12/31 6PM

JacketsWatcher

Jan 8, 2011
Blue Jackets started 0-8 last year, all losses in regulation (only one game was a one goal game, the eighth was a 3-2 loss to Minnesota). This year, only 5 regulation losses. What an amazing season so far.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Columbus will never again be able to have a better winning percentage for the month of December in the history of the franchise.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The only team I've ever been a fan of that's had a run like this is the 1984 Detroit Tigers, who started that season 35-5. Let's just hope the Jackets' season has as happy an ending as that Tigers' season did.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Columbus will never again be able to have a better winning percentage for the month of December in the history of the franchise.

Only the 2nd team to ever do this? Pitt won 17 who else got close?

We are not really doing anything that extraordinary in these wins, as mentioned we should have lost 2-3, but we scored more goals eh? like tonight shots were pretty much even because at 4-1 and 4-2 we were just playing clear the zone hockey not worried about trying to take shots

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
They are busy trying to find the lighter fluid in order to burn their scarlet and gray colors :sarcasm:

ITS A JOKE

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Wow. I figured we had to be better than last year, but I didn't think we'd be smashing franchise records like this.

What a time to be alive!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I know this probably isn't the right thread but I need to ask. Where did this Atkinson come from? I've liked him and the Blue Jackets for a few years, but haven't really followed your team much recently. I've always thought Atkinson had good speed, hockey sense, a good shot, and good work ethic. I wasn't sure if he'd ever pan out. He seems like a changed player this year. Can someone a little more informed chime in? Thanks! It's hard not to enjoy the Blue Jackets this year. I know I'll keep harping on it... but I (like every single other Sharks fan) is and was upset about you taking Werenski at #8.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I'm not the only Sharks fan posting here. :laugh:

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
What a great game from the team tonight... Thought things were heading in the direction of a loss given the weaker efforts of late, but they really stepped it up and played strong. This team is really tough when it's engaged.

I expected OSU to lose due to its sorry offense and overall youth, but not like that.

Hey, I'll take a Cup over another OSU nat'l championship any day of the week.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
CBJ took a huge step yesterday crushing the mild for 15 wins in a row!!! While OSU got crushed by the ACC....

C-bus is on the brink of something special...

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I know this probably isn't the right thread but I need to ask. Where did this Atkinson come from? I've liked him and the Blue Jackets for a few years, but haven't really followed your team much recently. I've always thought Atkinson had good speed, hockey sense, a good shot, and good work ethic. I wasn't sure if he'd ever pan out. He seems like a changed player this year. Can someone a little more informed chime in? Thanks! It's hard not to enjoy the Blue Jackets this year. I know I'll keep harping on it... but I (like every single other Sharks fan) is and was upset about you taking Werenski at #8.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I'm not the only Sharks fan posting here. :laugh:[/QUOTE

Check this out

http://www.quanthockey.com/hockey-stats/en/profile.php?player=8259

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad