GDT: Game 35: Anaheim Ducks vs Arizona Coyotes, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
Well I’ll be at the game Sunday so at least the odds of them getting shutout twice in a row are slim. Unlike the game I went in f***ing Chicago, snooze fest

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
If having the worst PP in league history didn't do it. I'm not sure anything will.
There is startling lack of players who can retain possession and make plays with the puck while in motion. Ariz isn't exactly overflowing with stars, but their PP is in constant motion. Ducks PP looks like a wet shart dripping off someone's ass cheek

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
There is startling lack of players who can retain possession and make plays with the puck while in motion. Ariz isn't exactly overflowing with stars, but their PP is in constant motion. Ducks PP looks like a wet shart dripping off someone's ass cheek
they lean pretty heavily on their top PP which has plenty of stars IMO. i would take Keller over any forward on our team except Leo and Maccelli not far behind him

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
League GF average = 3.09

• Ducks GF by games, 2023-24 (35 games)
    • Above league average (4 or more) = 12 games (34.3% of the time)
      Record: 11-1-0
    • At league average (3 goals) = 5 games (14.3% of the time)
      Record: 2-3-0
    • Below league average (2 or fewer) = 18 games (51.4% of the time)
      Record: 0-18-0
      Shutout from scoring: 4 times

Ducks GF by games Bell Curve
Bell Curve, Inverted.jpg

This is not a normal offense.

• Wow
Reactions: ohcomeonref

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I know Carlsson is out, and Drysdale/Zegras are just getting back, and there's been a lot of injuries, and "insert X excuse here" etc. But this is a lot of our "core" going into the future and I'm not really sure what I'm looking at most of the time.

This season almost makes me more frustrated than last year's, maybe because there was some semblance of hope and structure in the beginning. Is there just too much dead weight on this roster to overcome? We obviously are massively devoid of shooters/offensive talent in our system, but these guys are just slow, undisciplined, and lazy in almost every game I watch. Losing is fine, it's how we're losing and how bad we look compared to even other average to below average teams a lot of the time.

I didn't even expect much going into this year, but bottom 3 again after nearly a half season was not it. It just feels like something is fundamentally broken with this team, even outside of the generally mediocre roster.

Last edited:

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Maybe, just maybe it's the "system". No chemistry. No set plays. Nobody seemingly knows where to go or where their teammates are in the offensive zone. Effort only goes so far.

Doesn't help that only McTavish and Zegras can make plays and veterans like Killorn, Strome, Vatrano and Silfverberg can't handle the puck at all.

Great game by Gibson.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
been trending pretty poorly for a while now. They’ve won like 4 out of their last 20 games I think? Yikes

Verbeek has kind of begun to dig himself a hole with some long term contracts. A couple of them he inherited(Fowler, Gibson), but he’s also now had a couple clunkers of his own

Reactions: Deuce22

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
been trending pretty poorly for a while now. They’ve won like 4 out of their last 20 games I think? Yikes

Verbeek has kind of begun to dig himself a hole with some long term contracts. A couple of them he inherited(Fowler, Gibson), but he’s also now had a couple clunkers of his own

No one really with a lot of term remaining at this point though, no major contracts with more than three year remaining outside of Terry's. Fowler (two years left), Gibson (three), Killorn (three), Strome (three), Gudas (two), Vatrano (one), McGinn (one) and of course Henrique and Silf expiring. Any contract is movable and those are all short enough to be dealt with at any time the need should arise. There's enough cap space opening up in each of the next three off seasons, that I don't think Verbeek really is in any hole. Just will have a bit more cap management to do than he perhaps ought to based on the quality of the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino