GDT: Game #34: KINGS @ BLACKHAWKS - Sunday, 12/15/’13 @ 4:00pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What bothers me is that for whatever reason Chicago managed their cap better and were able to add a weapon like Versteeg. How the **** are we so cap strapped yet Chicago ices a forward corps of all stars?

Well, they got a ton of help with Florida eating up a large chunk of Versteeg's cap hit.

KingKopitar11*

I've always been surprised as how someone as big and talented as Carter can be so poor with puck possession lol. It's really interesting.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
What bothers me is that for whatever reason Chicago managed their cap better and were able to add a weapon like Versteeg. How the **** are we so cap strapped yet Chicago ices a forward corps of all stars?

Don't forget what the hawks had to do after their cup a few years ago. And Versteeg is waaaay overated.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
I think this is the game Frattin and Vey should of been in. Could have been good experience for Vey to face the creme de la creme of opposing forwards.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006

You forgot the exodus after their first win? They got a ****ton of picks and drafted a bunch of guys who play for them. Saad, Shaw, Kruger... And Teravainen and Hartman are going to make it even uglier, heck there's McNeill and Danault too almost forgot.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The Kings just can't match up with Chicago. Doesn't help that this is the last game of the road trip. Here's hoping Chicago gets beat out by another team in the playoffs.

mtxed

Aug 17, 2007
What did I say, Scrivens was gonan start and get dominated......... great job Sutter!!!!!

CertainAffinity*

Don't forget what the hawks had to do after their cup a few years ago. And Versteeg is waaaay overated.

Different GM.

And Versteeg is overrated as a top-line guy, but is pretty good as a third-line depth guy. Hawks still have Bickell out which is forcing them to plug holes in their lineup.

Depending on how things go, who they play, etc, their third line could look like:

Saad/Shaw/Versteeg

or

Versteeg/Shaw/Bickell

They have a lot of versatile parts in the lineup.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The Kings haven't had a single shift where they cycled the puck and generated multiple scoring opportunities. Chalk it up to exhaustion and these guys looking forward to boarding a plane to get home.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
What did I say, Scrivens was gonan start and get dominated......... great job Sutter!!!!!

Even if Quick started the results wouldve been the same. 3 bad plays led to 3 goals.The Kings have been off their game since the shorthanded goal. Just write this game off as one of those that happens at the end of a long roadtrip.

Captain Mittens*

It's so awesome that I missed the last 5 games because of work and my kids basketball tournaments and then the first Kings game I get to watch in almost 2 weeks is this one.

I need a drink. LOL
So it's your fault......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad