Post-Game Talk: Game 34: Anaheim Ducks vs Las Vegas Golden Knights, 7pm PT, BSSC (Ducks win 5-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Imagine if we won with carlsson and lundestrom. Thats how we would look at full strength

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Leason has developed well this season and that's good because we need to eventually replace Silf.

Usually when we talk about moving on from Silf, I dunno if I wanna move on from Rico b/c he's been steady from the faceoffs, PK'ing, scoring, and being good at 3C. We probably will move on from Rico, but I think we might be too young.

damn... i totallly forgot we have Lundy. hahahaha

Reactions: Ducks DVM

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Just got home from game.
Obvious now why nhl refs never could make it as players, total lack of character inherent in them. Guys like that in the room would destroy a team

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I was at the game tonight with the best seats I've probably ever had (sorry for the brag... kinda). So fun seeing a different vantage point of the guys on the bench and their personalities, how they interact.

Refs weren't horrible until late. It's like they really tried to help Vegas get back into it. Was kind of surprised about the lack of aggression but overall a well played game.

Zegras has passion man. He's still young and trying to find that line but even my wife was like, "dang, he mad".

Gibson was good. He was happy and joking with the guys on the bench and then he got slashed to the mask. Loved seeing his retaliation shove and the no call.

Mac loves the game and he's getting his traditions down. He has to be the last off the ice. I'm telling you, this time next year, he's got the C.

Good game. Absolute bullshit Leason was glued to the bench at the end of the game. Not happy with Cronin regarding that.

I thought the same but they had the goalie in the net due to the penalty. Wasn't a gimme, they had to work. I'd like to think that if it was an empty net, he would have been in

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
We had EN opportunities and then a PP. Leason should’ve been fed the puck and on the ice for like the last 5 minutes of the game. He’s likely never to get the opportunity to get a hat trick again, so as a coach you have to play to that given the year we’re going to have and score of the game. Tried to quote you @Rybread86, but this forum is booty on mobile.

I understand I’m probably irrationally upset at this, but you gotta do it for your guy if you want the players to buy in.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Was a fun game, they looked great in first, and bounced back when the Knights took over play at times. Good resiliency.

Drysdale looks so good. But wonder if still hurting, he shied away from a few hits out there.

Zegras worked hard
Terry was ok but just looked clumsy
Fowler was ok in spots and made some glaring mistakes as well, I just expect too much I guess .
Henrique was good except one controller disconnect moment.
Silfv looks physically unable to go where his brains needs him to go.
Gibby was good
Lacombe is (st this point) a nascar super speedway race, you know the wreck is coming.
Drysdale is very good. Need the development time right now.
Leason and Carrrick were what you want , hard work and effective shifts.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
We had EN opportunities and then a PP. Leason should’ve been fed the puck and on the ice for like the last 5 minutes of the game. He’s likely never to get the opportunity to get a hat trick again, so as a coach you have to play to that given the year we’re going to have and score of the game. Tried to quote you @Rybread86, but this forum is booty on mobile.

I understand I’m probably irrationally upset at this, but you gotta do it for your guy if you want the players to buy in.

I expect a guy on that position to be on the ice in the last 2 minutes, if there is an empty net. I see your point though. I even said "why isn't Leason out there?" But then talked myself down lol

I also think Johnston missed an opportunity. I was excited to see him play but he was slow, caught standing around a few times and didn't mix it up like I had expected.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I come in peace to tip my hat, you played a good game and definitely deserved this win.

hat-tip.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad