GDT: Game 33: Jackets at Buffalo Sabres | 19 Dec 2023, 7 pm ET

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Yeah you can go ahead and waive Tarasov
Tarasov isn't gonna get waived anytime soon, especially with a potential Merzlikins deal on the table. I'd be surprised if Tarasov was waived this season and if he does there's a pretty good chance he gets claimed. With his contract, that would be a pretty low risk claim.

I agree his hip surgery is a cause for concern though but the Bluejackets don't just know that since this week. Him getting back to form was always gonna take a lot of time and there's a chance this is gonna hold him back for the rest of his career. He's far too young for a hip surgery.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just wishful thinking.
Friedman speculating. Doesn't mean it's absolutely gonna happen or something the Bluejackets wanna do at all costs but there's usually at least smoke if Friedman says something like this. He's a credible source. And for as long as the Bluejackets aren't 100% certain Merzlikins is gonna finish the season on their payroll I just don't think waiving Tarasov even becomes an option.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Friedman speculating. Doesn't mean it's absolutely gonna happen or something the Bluejackets wanna do at all costs but there's usually at least smoke if Friedman says something like this. He's a credible source. And for as long as the Bluejackets aren't 100% certain Merzlikins is gonna finish the season on their payroll I just don't think waiving Tarasov even becomes an option.
Which team would take him without retention
Edmonton ? Who else

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese