GDT: Game #33 Dec. 29 Toronto @ Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It's a good game for Samsonov to play. The schedule starts to get a bit tougher in January after the games against Anaheim and San Jose, so he needs to get some starts during the next 5 or 6 games. The whole team should bounce back (again) against Columbus.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You would think, this could be Samsonov's last chance. Ideally, he finds his game.. but we've give him a lot of rope already, and it's just not happening... so you understand why he gets more chances... but at the same time... if he blows like in Buffalo again, that's got to be the end of the road no?

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Leafs will win this one but I expect us to look like dog shit while doing it.

f*** this team.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
Game 1 of the next 7 where they need to put some distance between themselves and those below them in the standings.

Next 7 games include: Columbus (bottom 5 team in the league), Carolina (worse than last year and winning only 4 of their last 10), L.A. (tough), Anaheim (bottom 10 team, maybe bottom 5 team in the league), 2 against San Jose (worst team in the league) and the Islanders (so-so). 10 points minimum in the next 7 games, 11 or 12 should not be out of the question.

After that, it gets a lot tougher. The next 8 are Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle and Winnipeg (twice)

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Game 1 of the next 7 where they need to put some distance between themselves and those below them in the standings.

Next 7 games include: Columbus (bottom 5 team in the league), Carolina (worse than last year and winning only 4 of their last 10), L.A. (tough), Anaheim (bottom 10 team, maybe bottom 5 team in the league), 2 against San Jose (worst team in the league) and the Islanders (so-so). 10 points minimum in the next 7 games, 11 or 12 should not be out of the question.

After that, it gets a lot tougher. The next 8 are Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle and Winnipeg (twice)
Knowing the leafs we’ll probably go 1-6 then follow it up with a 7-1

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
if he blows like in Buffalo again, that's got to be the end of the road no?

Well Woll needs to 100% healthy first.

Then he'll be the odd man out, getting a game or two here and there.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
If we get a proper team defensive effort, we should be able to coax a win, even with a mediocre performance from Sammy.

As bad as Sammy has been this year, I'm not quite on the "he's cooked" train. I think getting back on track can start with a couple of good games in a row and building from there. It also wouldn't hurt if players had a little more awareness in their own end.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You would think, this could be Samsonov's last chance. Ideally, he finds his game.. but we've give him a lot of rope already, and it's just not happening... so you understand why he gets more chances... but at the same time... if he blows like in Buffalo again, that's got to be the end of the road no?
You’d think, but who knows with this organization nowadays…

Da Cool Rula

Sep 8, 2017
Montego Bay, Jamaica
thought keefe would of seen that that Sammy is not an NHL goalie last game, but here we are again, just awful decisions coming from him
Does he have any other choice? Martin Jones is not the answer either. But 100% u r right Keefe decision making is garbage and he can't consistently motivate this team.

This could very well be Samsonov's last start for Toronto. It has that kind of catastrophic potential for him (and us).
Well I'd love that.... hmmm might be a tad early with no backup.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
thought keefe would of seen that that Sammy is not an NHL goalie last game, but here we are again, just awful decisions coming from him

The question being, is it Keefe’s decision? Or is it Treliving’s? Or is it Shanahan’s?

The reality is, you don’t know, none of us do. Keefe could easily be saying, I don’t want to play him, and Treliving might respond that it’s up to Keefe to get him playing well again, and that he’s stuck with him.

Or maybe it’s Shanny pulling the strings.

At the end of the day, it does absolutely make sense to keep trying to get Samsonov’s game on track, as he did play very well for us last year, and having that version, plus a healthy Woll back, puts us in a great spot. Bottom line though, hopefully they have a line in the sand, where they say they need to do something.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
How many last chances for Sammy. f***ing embarrassing. Get a f***ing goalie. Sammy is f***ing down right disgraceful worst goalie in the nhl. Stats prove it. Jones is a sack of shit. Woll is out.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
The question being, is it Keefe’s decision? Or is it Treliving’s? Or is it Shanahan’s?

The reality is, you don’t know, none of us do. Keefe could easily be saying, I don’t want to play him, and Treliving might respond that it’s up to Keefe to get him playing well again, and that he’s stuck with him.

Or maybe it’s Shanny pulling the strings.

At the end of the day, it does absolutely make sense to keep trying to get Samsonov’s game on track, as he did play very well for us last year, and having that version, plus a healthy Woll back, puts us in a great spot. Bottom line though, hopefully they have a line in the sand, where they say they need to do something.
I mean I hope he turns it around dont get me wrong but his last 3 starts are awful
Dec/11 %862
Dec/14 %829
Dec/21 %737

Reactions: PromisedLand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad