May 24, 2016
Defensemen TOI tonight:

Zadorov: 24:54
Barrie: 23:38
Beauchemin: 22:35
Tyutin: 19:22
Goloubef: 15:45
Gelinas: 13:08

Beauchemin still too high but what are ya gonna do. Love seeing Zadorov being rewarded with ice time

Good to see Z's getting ice time. That's only going to give him confidence. Now, if we can get Dahlin. :naughty:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Good win.

If you can you all should watch the post game. Rycroft and Keefe have had me laughing the whole show.

Someone just sent in a fantastic christmas themed poem about supporting the Avalanche the two of them reading it had me laughing my ass off

EDIT: I'm drunk

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Yah so Z had an awesome game. I didnt wanna jinx him but Kane had no room when Z was out there and the chances he did get Pickard was there to make a save. Whenever he moves the puck up I always get giddy. He got the most TOI tonight and rightfully so. Barrie also played well the second period onwards. He was doing something he hasnt done alot of this season and thats move his feet. Gelinas had a good game I noticed him alot but not in a bad way. I noticed FB alot but in a bad way. FB is too slow to be constantly pinching the way he does. He's no longer 24 but he thinks he is. FB also loses a ton of board battles and gets caught flat footed on every other shift. FB shouldnt be playing as much as he did tonight...ever. Mackinnon was moving his feet all night and glad he had a multi point game. Im positive Mack was over 50% on the dots maybe even over 60% because it looked like he won a ton of draws. Didnt notice Duchene much tonight. Feels good to win.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Great effort and hopefully a big confidence boost to the boys. Hope they enjoy Christmas Day a little bit better now.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Rantanen is a coaches wet dream. Has the puck behind the net. Surveys his options doesnt panic. Dishes it off to Mack and goes from behind the net right to the front for a goal. Just perfect.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I really liked hearing Landeskog say during the 2nd intermission that they were gonna find a way to win it. They need more of that. I liked even more that they pulled it out.

In terms of playing as a team, this game takes the cake this season I think. And for once I enjoyed the game. They came out hungry in the 1st too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That felt like our Stanley Cup for the year.

So huge for the boys to get a big win heading into the Christmas break, after such a miserable run. Good for them. :handclap:

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Did not see the game, but I am happy with the result. Even if this season is doomed we should not underestimate the value of winning the odd game for the young players and their commitment to the team. I am especially happy to hear that important players had good games.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Great effort, if they played hard like this in every game there's no way they would be dead last.

I love how Z keeps getting better and better and I love that they started the PP with him and Gelinas.

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
I hope Z finally realizes that when he skates with effort all the parts of his game seems to fall in place. He had a couple of 50/50 puck races in the D zone that he won uncontested. Both times the Chi player bailed knowing that they would get absolutely crushed if they got the puck.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Didn't watch the game, but Zads played 25 Minutes! And some PP time.

Was he really that good for us? And how'd he look on the PP?

He looked mostly how he's been looking lately but since he played so much you could tell he was impacting the game. They only got 1 PP so it was only one shift but he got a couple shot through.

It's just nice for our sanity and I'm sure theirs too to know these guys can still do some good. It was a good game for the most part, something we haven't seen in a bit eithe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad