Game #32: Kings vs. Leafs - 12/11/13 - Regulation Win! 3-1!

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Lewis' hands of stone are the only real issue with him. What's funny is that it's only so noticeable due to how strong every other aspect of his game is. He just can't score for his life. It's frustrating to see somebody come so close and fail time and time again. Where in comparison nobody ever expects Fraz to score and he rarely generates chances to do so. If Lewis could cash in on just 1/3 of his chances, he would be an important part of the team.

KingKopitar11*

Lewis' hands of stone are the only real issue with him. What's funny is that it's only so noticeable due to how strong every other aspect of his game is. He just can't score for his life. It's frustrating to see somebody come so close and fail time and time again. Where in comparison nobody ever expects Fraz to score and he rarely generates chances to do so. If Lewis could cash in on just 1/3 of his chances, he would be an important part of the team.

That's true. You make a good point. Then I guess Sutter should find a way to have Vey and Lewis be on the line up

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Lewis has 0 points and he has no forechecking game.

I'll agree that he has hands of stone and can't seem to get points to save his life but no forechecking game?? That's what he's best at

LOLOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw that. Lewis might* be the best forechecker on the Kings...its just never becomes anything because his stone hands...

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Just saw this quote from Doughty.

On the two-on-one opportunity that was blown dead:
"I was in shock. I didn’t know the whistle went. I let Slava know he screwed me out of a goal."

Slava, I am disappoint

Great game. Kings were tired and it showed.
Jones held them in it.
Kessle has to be pissed. So many chances.
Hope Fraser's ok.
Love Sutter sneaking Carter out with the 4th line. Just funny. Carcillo/Carter/Nolan.... TO's D is like **** that's not Fraser!
As for Doughty... Great game. Doughty and Mitchel both owe Dr. Jones a steak dinner for putting him on a 3/5 PK and ruining his shut out.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lot of good things happened the last two nights. One was Nolan. I thought this guy did all kinds of stuff right. Hitting, making plays, and of course his fight. I know we have a small minority of people who think that we need a heavyweight fighter, well he fought a heavyweight fighter. One who can't play hockey. He didn't even come close to getting his ass kicked. I genuinely think that Nolan could have developed into a top six player, I don't know why his development went down a path where he didn't, but he didn't. He definitely has the skill set.

KingKopitar11*

Actually I think he's still got a slight chance to develop into a top 6.its a little out there but he has size, speed, good hands, good skating, smart understanding of the game. He just needs to put it all together, he has to work on controlling passes that come to him, work on his passing. Other than that I think he's really well put together.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
LOLOL I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw that. Lewis might* be the best forechecker on the Kings...its just never becomes anything because his stone hands...

And there lies the problem. Not even a secondary assist. How is that possible for the ice time he gets?

Our lines are much more complete without him in there.

If the choice is between Lewis and vey I choose vey 100 percent of the time.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Since we're acknowledging the work of some of the grunts on the team, how about Clifford these past two games? He's been finding the net and has some chemistry going with the newly formed line with him, Richards and Toffoli.

Hope this is the sign of upwards progress for both Clifford and Nolan and they continue to chip in occasionally on offense while also providing a lot of sandpaper wherever it is they are inserted into the lineup.

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
clifford looks like a completely different player since he came back. nolan is playing like we all knew he was capable of i think he can/will develop into an even better player, the kid has a lot af tools and is still very raw.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
The media here has been praising the Kings for the past few days. They seem genuinely happy to have seen them play here. Makes me proud!

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I improve to 2-1 live!

Man I was bummed when Voynov and Lupul got that Carter/Doughty rush cancelled out. At the time it felt like that was goin to be our chance to close it down, I didn't see who initiated it but it ticked me off.

Reffing was good, but the linesmen were really bad. 2 blown offside calls and they got in the way of at least 2 Kings entries. Grrr.

Doughty, King, and of course Jones were all rock solid out there. Martinez had his icetime curtailed, and he deserved it. He fumbled around in his zone way too much early on.

Another 4 points in 2 nights in the books!

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Since we're acknowledging the work of some of the grunts on the team, how about Clifford these past two games? He's been finding the net and has some chemistry going with the newly formed line with him, Richards and Toffoli.

Hope this is the sign of upwards progress for both Clifford and Nolan and they continue to chip in occasionally on offense while also providing a lot of sandpaper wherever it is they are inserted into the lineup.

Which is why I thought maybe Lewis could play with Richie and Toffoli. They played with King and now he's up on the first line. Clifford has 3 points in two games playing with them. They're like the left winger training wheels or something. Maybe they could get Lewis a point.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I improve to 2-1 live!

Man I was bummed when Voynov and Lupul got that Carter/Doughty rush cancelled out. At the time it felt like that was goin to be our chance to close it down, I didn't see who initiated it but it ticked me off.

Reffing was good, but the linesmen were really bad. 2 blown offside calls and they got in the way of at least 2 Kings entries. Grrr.

Doughty, King, and of course Jones were all rock solid out there. Martinez had his icetime curtailed, and he deserved it. He fumbled around in his zone way too much early on.

Another 4 points in 2 nights in the books!

yeah! bring on Calgary!!

The way I look at it, this gam kinda makes up for the two points the Kings should have got for getting to OT against Calgary in both games. Obviously, we would like to have seen the Kings at least get to OT in both Calgary games, if not win them but this was a stolen two points. Good to see the team collecting points and staying near the top of the standings.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but a lot of us got our wish of moving Richards down to the 3C. Granted, no one thought about moving Stoll back up to 2C (kudos to Sutter), but hey, we now have 3 balanced scoring lines. And with Vey possibly centering Carcillo and Nolan, that's 4 legitimate scoring lines there baby!!!

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The whole team is playing very, very well. I almost wish Greene didn't have to come back at this point. I think this current corps of defensemen is perfect with mobility, positioning, and physicality all around.

Honestly, with a completely healthy lineup, I'd like to see this:

King-Kopitar-Carter
Clifford-Richards-Toffoli
Brown-Stoll-Williams
Nolan-Vey-Lewis
Carcillo, Frattin

Muzzin-Doughty
Regehr-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
Mitchell

Whoever in net

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Lot of good things happened the last two nights. One was Nolan. I thought this guy did all kinds of stuff right. Hitting, making plays, and of course his fight. I know we have a small minority of people who think that we need a heavyweight fighter, well he fought a heavyweight fighter. One who can't play hockey. He didn't even come close to getting his ass kicked. I genuinely think that Nolan could have developed into a top six player, I don't know why his development went down a path where he didn't, but he didn't. He definitely has the skill set.

I think he still can. He just needs the time in the top 6. We saw glimpses of this with Clifford too, but I think it sticks out more often in Nolan. At the worst Nolan is a great 4th liner, and at his absolute best he can ride shotgun with Richards for the rest of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad