Game #32: Kings vs. Leafs - 12/11/13 - Regulation Win! 3-1!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Wow, that's a bit harsh dude. He's second in the league with 112 hits, but I guess unless he's driving guys into the 3rd row or it's an open ice hit he's become a coward. :shakehead

I don't care how many hits he's credited with. Can you name me a check Brown threw that turned the tide of a game this season? Cal Clutterbuck throws a lot of hits too, so does Tootoo, and they're checking line forwards. So is that what we should expect from Brown as well and hold him to that standard? Get real.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Richards is tied with Kopitar for the team lead in points with 27. Pretty nice to have two offensively competent centers up top. It also helps that Stoll has been producing of late. Remember that long stretch to start the season where no Kings center was able to score? Good thing that's in the past.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Missed the third period and tried to stream it on my phone but stupid Iheart and tunein have some other show on:rant::shakehead

Anyways great win for the Kings!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was at the game tonight, very happy to see the Kings beat the Leafs. Some observations I want to share, and please remember I get to see them live once or twice a year if Im lucky...

Doughty and King looked like a few of the only guys to have any legs about them tonight.

Toffoli was great. Mark Fraser was taking liberties on him all night for some reason.

Mitchell and Regehr are so smart. They knew the Leafs speed would be hard to match and angled off every attempt to use it in great fashion.

Hate to see Fraser get hurt but not a fan of having him OR Carcillo in the lineup at all. Vey needs to be in there, and hopefully Lewis will replace Carcillo upon his return. Far more skilled with them in there.

Nolan played a great game all over the ice. Wish he could have gave that bum McClaren a few better shots, but he deserves good marks on an all around game.

As good as Jones was, the Leafs whiffed, fanned and flat out missed a lot of golden opportunities..

One of the best parts came on the drive home. Maple Leaf talk on the Fan590 after, all were raving about the Kings. Carlyle even praised them highly in his segment, as did Kadri and Bernier. But it was the best when a 'long time Leaf fan' phoned in and said how the Leafs could learn from LA. Everyone was saying the Leafs had their best game of the year, and he pointed out how LA played their "C" game coming off a game the night before plus travel. Since most out this way never see the Western Conference teams, I think we really openend their eyes. We know how to win, something that can only comes through desire. Its great to see such a winning culture, a lot of positive talk about it around these parts :handclap:

That last part is good to hear. I was willing to bet it would have been "see the Kings aren't that good, Toronto outshot them, etc."

I read enough garbage elsewhere (twitter, etc.) about how our defense was slow and exposed, the leafs deserved this win and how they couldn't understand how we got so lucky to be outshot and still win, etc :laugh:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm starting to wonder what Lewis brings to the team. The D nor penalty kill has missed a beat with him out. Much rather see vey full time.

Missed shots. Fanned shots. High and wide shots. Off-all-three-posts shots. Into-our-own-players-shinpad shots. And the always reliable, into-the-crest shots.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'm starting to wonder what Lewis brings to the team. The D nor penalty kill has missed a beat with him out. Much rather see vey full time.

I forget, can Lewis play any left wing? You could put him with Richie and Toffoli and see if they could work some magic. It worked for King and now Clifford.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I forget, can Lewis play any left wing? You could put him with Richie and Toffoli and see if they could work some magic. It worked for King and now Clifford.

He looked good last time he played LW. Problem is according to Sutter not too long ago, he isn't ready. So Vey.

KingKopitar11*

PPG leaders for the Kings:

Kopi .84
Richards .84
Toffoli .83

Dat ass tho.

Los-Angeles-Kings-center-Tyler-Toffoli-_20131110004807960_660_320.JPG

KingKopitar11*

Honestly, As much as I love Lewi as player, he has no importance to this team, he fills no void.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
That last part is good to hear. I was willing to bet it would have been "see the Kings aren't that good, Toronto outshot them, etc."

I read enough garbage elsewhere (twitter, etc.) about how our defense was slow and exposed, the leafs deserved this win and how they couldn't understand how we got so lucky to be outshot and still win, etc :laugh:

There was no discussion on the radio by the commentators or fans calling in about the Kings being lucky. Honestly, 99.5% of the media are talking about how solid this Kings team are. TSN showed the PJ Christmas picture explaining how close the team is and how they come together. Lots of praise for Sutter, our goaltender development, and even a bigger emphasis on how the Kings have so much homegrown talent on the team. Lots of fans wanting to follow suit.

The only bashing heard involving the Kings were Leaf fans ripping the Habs fans last night, and vice versa today! Its been fantastic

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Our PK has been nearly Flawless without him. So again he's not needed.

While our PK has been good without him, I still like Lewis on this team. He has a great work ethic and rarely coughs up the puck. His biggest problem is not being able to finish, which I wish someone could work on with him considering how many breakaways he gets. His hustle that led to Stoll's elimination of the Nucks in OT will also never be forgotten by me.

KingKopitar11*

While our PK has been good without him, I still like Lewis on this team. He has a great work ethic and rarely coughs up the puck. His biggest problem is not being able to finish, which I wish someone could work on with him considering how many breakaways he gets. His hustle that led to Stoll's elimination of the Nucks in OT will also never be forgotten by me.

I agree but it isn't a contest between who we need more. Vey is actually helping us offensively right now. And it's his first year. Vey is what we need, and something we lack. Lewis is more of the same, defense no offense.

AmadiosAmigos

Oct 27, 2010
Lewis has 0 points and he has no forechecking game.

Because points are a measure of everything?

Lewis being considered for US Olympic team. Carcillo not even considered for my mens league team.

Ill take Lewis as one of the 14 forwards over Carcillo or Fraser any day.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Just saw this quote from Doughty.

On the two-on-one opportunity that was blown dead:
"I was in shock. I didn’t know the whistle went. I let Slava know he screwed me out of a goal."

Slava, I am disappoint

KingKopitar11*

Because points are a measure of everything?

Lewis being considered for US Olympic team. Carcillo not even considered for my mens league team.

Ill take Lewis as one of the 14 forwards over Carcillo or Fraser any day.

I don't mind. As long as Vey doesn't sit for him I'm okay with it.

I didn't say he was a bad player. I'm saying he can't score. The kings need offense more than defense.

Read man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad