GDT: Game 32 | Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 12/14 7PM

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Either offense is back or it's bad defense from them and Greiss, now our defense got lost and April Bob appeared in December, ok i don't mind if it's gonna be reverse this year.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Bread wanted that ENG so bad. lol
Yep, but worked his butt off to get back onside for Andy......it was interesting that a few moments earlier the Two Jackets had the puck behind the empty net and Foligno was looking for someone to pass to but no one came down the ice.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Now i want to see Preds crushing Oilers and Fleury beating Murray.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Across the league:

Predators are getting outshot thru the first period 22-4 against the Oilers.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
People are going after Bob WAY too much. He keeps playing games where he faces like 15 shots in 2 periods and doesn't have a chance to actually get on his game. The first goal was a fluke if he didn' whiff and send a squib when he was moving for the actual shot that's a save. The 2nd goal was bad D on that play followed with a topself backhand that wasn't saveable. The rebound goal 100% his fault but what we need honestly is to let the easier shots through and let Bob esta list himself and get involved.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
People are going after Bob WAY too much. He keeps playing games where he faces like 15 shots in 2 periods and doesn't have a chance to actually get on his game. The first goal was a fluke if he didn' whiff and send a squib when he was moving for the actual shot that's a save. The 2nd goal was bad D on that play followed with a topself backhand that wasn't saveable. The rebound goal 100% his fault but what we need honestly is to let the easier shots through and let Bob esta list himself and get involved.

He has been pretty bad, lately. To be honest. He’s given up 20 goals in his last 6 starts. Not ideal and not the Bob we’re used to seeing. You can tell he’s frustrated with his play. I’m probably over analyzing things but after every single home win, he usually puts his mask up and waves to the fans/salutes the fans as he skates off, tonight was the first time I’ve ever not saw him do that. I think Bob has such high expectations for himself, which he should because he is an ELITE goalie. Despite playing bad as of late, there’s no other goalie in the league that I’d rather have.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I have standards. I'd rather have a team of Cooke Torres and Marchand then those 2 and Crosby. At least there is honor in action over tears.

rod.gif

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I’m probably over analyzing things but after every single home win, he usually puts his mask up and waves to the fans/salutes the fans as he skates off, tonight was the first time I’ve ever not saw him do that.
Actually no, Bob changed his routine i think last year?! Now mask never goes off, unless he was named star of the game. He used to do that yes, goes for a hug, then back to the net, take his mask off, take a sip and waive to the fans on his way to Dubi. Now it all the same but with his mask on.

Tom Reed mentioned in Porty podcast how Bob is all about routine, and when that Detroit flight was delayed he was worried that Bob will go nuts about that. :)

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
While there were obviously some defenses lapses last nite, there were, to me, a few good points in our play:

1 Breaking up the Johnson/Savard tandem seems to have really helped Johnson. He looked much quicker last nite.

2. I like Boone at center. He seems to win most of his face-offs and he really fills in down the middle. Not a lot of offense from him but he seems to be a rather decent 3rd line center.

3. I thought that was Wennberg's best game since he returned from injury. He seems to be very actively involved in pursuing the puck rather than floating around the perimeter. That line with him, Bjork and Cam seemed to have some chemistry and they were creating some offensive chances.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
We appear to be doing good this season. However if we make the playoffs but we don't have a series win again, as I stated numerous times this offseason I feel a coaching change is needed.

Tort has only really had two good postseasons in his coaching career, 2004 and 2012. He needs to have more like those in order to be the long-term solution.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We appear to be doing good this season. However if we make the playoffs but we don't have a series win again, as I stated numerous times this offseason I feel a coaching change is needed.

Tort has only really had two good postseasons in his coaching career, 2004 and 2012. He needs to have more like those in order to be the long-term solution.

Maybe its why the team elected to only do a 1 year extension with him... in a perfect world we win at least a series or two and there isn't a question that he stays ;)

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
While there were obviously some defenses lapses last nite, there were, to me, a few good points in our play:

1 Breaking up the Johnson/Savard tandem seems to have really helped Johnson. He looked much quicker last nite.

2. I like Boone at center. He seems to win most of his face-offs and he really fills in down the middle. Not a lot of offense from him but he seems to be a rather decent 3rd line center.

3. I thought that was Wennberg's best game since he returned from injury. He seems to be very actively involved in pursuing the puck rather than floating around the perimeter. That line with him, Bjork and Cam seemed to have some chemistry and they were creating some offensive chances.
Yeah, Wennberg was great. He was playing with confidence, attacking the net, and forcing the defense to react to him. That's what I've been waiting for him to do all year. Also a great game from Bjorkstrand, who is now second on the team in points and first in plus-minus. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that 28-10-13 line.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yeah, Wennberg was great. He was playing with confidence, attacking the net, and forcing the defense to react to him. That's what I've been waiting for him to do all year. Also a great game from Bjorkstrand, who is now second on the team in points and first in plus-minus. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that 28-10-13 line.

NHL.com - Stats

He's TENTH in average time on ice per game among forwards.

Time, actually long past time, for that to change.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For some reason Wennberg and Bjorkstrand really play well together. They just seem to mesh extremely well. If we can get those first two lines rolling and get Jenner to play a shut down role on the 3rd we should be able to keep rolling.

9-18-77
28-10-13
11-38-71

Insert rotating wingers to play beside Sedlak

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Thread as usual, does not disappoint. Good, to bad, to good again, all in 2 hours.

2 more points away from lottery balls....:baghead:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad