GDT: Game 32 | Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 12/14 7PM

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Usually when I say that I have a bad feeling, we win.

I have a very, very bad feeling about tonight. Not a good feeling at all guys. This isn’t good.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

I have a very, very bad feeling about tonight. Not a good feeling at all guys. This isn’t good.

man_file_1046439_anchorman-60percent.png

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009

This game is either gonna suck or be awesome.

Both GDT's are the same, complaining about how bad everyone feels and special teams woes.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
This game is either gonna suck or be awesome.

Both GDT's are the same, complaining about how bad everyone feels and special teams woes.

Yeah, both teams are coming off similar losses. Get absolutely dominated the first two periods and then show glimpses of life in the 3rd. Interesting that you guys score the 2nd most goals per game but give up the 3rd most goals per game lol. Kinda a similar situation with the Jackets PP/PK. We rank dead last in PP% but 4th best in PK%... And when it comes to faceoffs? Both teams are horrible, both ranking in the bottom 5 teams in that statistical category. Fully expecting a weird one. Lol

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So, either we win games and have no use for Dubinsky, or we lose games and "sucked the whole time".

Boy, I cannot wait.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Just saw on the Islanders board that they have the second worst PK percentage.

2017-18 NHL Hockey Stats and League Leaders - Special Teams - National Hockey League - ESPN

26.3% of the time, opponents score on the PP against the Isles.

Epic battle of the special teams incompetents.
Our PP is 8 GF and 3 GA. I won't post the % so that some with sensitivities won't have their eyes spontaneously combust. I vote that our special teams suck worse than theirs (that way we can claim we are better at something). HOPEFULLY the refs aren't sadists and just avoid giving too many special teams opportunities tonight so nobody has to see the ineptitude.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I can't put the PP woes all on Larson.

Shaw and Torts each have over 20 years of coaching experience. It's not as if they don't have the ability and authority to overrule Larson and implement any PP scheme that they want.

It's a collective failure of the entire coaching staff and the players. Larson, of course, deserves his fair share of the blame.
CR - I know what you're saying, but as Larson is assigned the PP responsibilities, it's his issue to resolve. It ultimately falls to Torts, but if he has to fix it then it's fair for him to ask "why do I need this guy"?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
This will be an interesting game. Will the Jackets commit to out-hustling the Islanders and competing in board battles, or will they continue the sloppy careless play of the Edmonton game?

I can't wait to see.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Looking forward to seeing Boone at C. I would much rather have him there than try Foligno again.

Two games ago, this team had their best two periods of recent memory. I think the EDM game was an aberration for whatever reason and I expect them to get back to business tonight.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Can we play this game for JTs rights in the off-season?

Also is our PK even still 4th after that tragedy that was last game?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00