GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Montreal | 12/23 7PM

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I thought both teams played a pretty good first period. Both teams were getting up and down the ice pretty quickly, and had some scoring chances.

It was kind of down hill from there, at least for the CBJ.

We need to remember, though, that was their third game in four nights, and I don't care how good of shape you are in, that is tough on you. Especially when those three games are against LA, Pitt, and Montreal. Let that sink in for a minute. Three games in four nights against that murderers row, and we go 3-0.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I have a complaint. I have no idea what that song is they play leading up to the start of the third period, but I wish they would pick something, anything else. It's just horrible and not exactly the tune you want to play to get your fans hyped.

Ruff Ryder's Anthem by DMX. I notice they only use it when we're winning going into the 3rd period.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I have a complaint. I have no idea what that song is they play leading up to the start of the third period, but I wish they would pick something, anything else. It's just horrible and not exactly the tune you want to play to get your fans hyped.

Can't agree with you there, I know for my generation at least, it defintely gets everyone going, as well as I the guys on the ice. It's a song everyone in the younger generation grew up hearing on the radio and everyone knows it and can sing along to.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
You can sing to that ?????????

Take me out in the back pasture and shoot me. This old horse has been around too long. Okay, wait a minute. Shoot me AFTER the Jackets have the Cup. ;-)

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Can't agree with you there, I know for my generation at least, it defintely gets everyone going, as well as I the guys on the ice. It's a song everyone in the younger generation grew up hearing on the radio and everyone knows it and can sing along to.

It's got swagga!

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I have no idea what the song is we're talking about, but if you are talking millennials they've embraced hip-hop; can't really rely on them for taste in music. To be fair my generation put out a lot of garbage too. It's called being young.....

If I have to listen to that garbage crap at the gym anymore - especially Cross-Fit boxes....

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
I have no idea what the song is we're talking about, but if you are talking millennials they've embraced hip-hop; can't really rely on them for taste in music. To be fair my generation put out a lot of garbage too. It's called being young.....

Hip-hop's a valid genre with a lot to say when it isn't reveling in excess, much like the metal scene in the 80s and on back through to the 60s.

All I'm seeing here now frankly is a few old people yelling at the damn kids to get off their lawn.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Hip-hop's a valid genre with a lot to say when it isn't reveling in excess, much like the metal scene in the 80s and on back through to the 60s.

All I'm seeing here now frankly is a few old people yelling at the damn kids to get off their lawn.

or grunge (drugs and angst) or country (drinkin and pickup trucks) or southern fried rock (drinkin and hell raising). Meet the new boss same as the old boss (that reference was for the geezers).

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
yeah let's just label a whole genre spanning decades as garbage and at the same time assume all young people have terrible tastes in music that can't possibly be diverse :shakehead

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll second or third it. Way to much (c)rap "music". I get it that every generation gets a new type of music foisted upon it by music executives and that previous generations don't like it often times. But the demographic at hockey crowds is not likely to embrace hip hop when it's played excessively. When music is being played, management should really scope out the crowd to see its impact. Most of the time, (c)rap doesn't get much of a response-especially the hard core (c)rap. It's almost as if someone has put in charge of music who is blind (in addition to tone deaf:laugh:) regarding the audience he is trying to reach. It's poor game presentation when something is not be received enthusiastically by the crowd.

It got so out of hand in Cincinnati (Cyclones ECHL)-virtually every "song" was (c)rap and it was so loud, that a large number of season ticket holder and went to management.

The situation is much better now:yo: The mix of music, as well as its volume, is much more appropriate.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I'll second or third it. Way to much (c)rap "music". I get it that every generation gets a new type of music foisted upon it by music executives and that previous generations don't like it often times. But the demographic at hockey crowds is not likely to embrace hip hop when it's played excessively. When music is being played, management should really scope out the crowd to see its impact. Most of the time, (c)rap doesn't get much of a response-especially the hard core (c)rap. It's almost as if someone has put in charge of music who is blind (in addition to tone deaf:laugh:) regarding the audience he is trying to reach. It's poor game presentation when something is not be received enthusiastically by the crowd.

It got so out of hand in Cincinnati (Cyclones ECHL)-virtually every "song" was (c)rap and it was so loud, that a large number of season ticket holder and went to management.

The situation is much better now:yo: The mix of music, as well as its volume, is much more appropriate.
be careful there, might fall off of your musical high horse

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
How is it going with the christmas ham?

Tomorrow Tuli we are having a roast baron of beef, with au jus and portabella mushrooms, some baked potatoes, a few vegetables and caesar salad, some good red wine and some grape leaves and kibbeh. Cheers to you Finlander's you folks are growing on me, especially this young Markus Nuttivaara. He is a talented young man:handclap: I cannot believe we drafted this young man in the 7th round.. benefits of having Jarmo as a GM eh?

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
benefits of having Jarmo as a GM eh?

Lean solace as we say in Finland if you are not enjoying the same christmas ham as your GM.

My Somalian room-mate enjoyed another American import, besides commercial pauses during an ice hockey game, in this low pulse grinding baby let's work it music about 20 hours a day.

Kfarschman

...Boomers in disguise
Feb 12, 2006
Deutschdorf, Ohio
www.facebook.com
(c)rap "music"

:shakehead

I can't believe you actually had to put the "(c)" before "rap" every single time in your post and put quotes around music.

Try listening to Wu-Tang Clan, Beastie Boys, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Kanye West...etc or a little thing called Hamilton the musical and then continue to be little a whole genre because you didn't like some overly pop rap song by Nelly or 50-cent or something.

abs94

Oct 14, 2015
Columbus, Ohio

I can't believe you actually had to put the "(c)" before "rap" every single time in your post and put quotes around music.

Try listening to Wu-Tang Clan, Beastie Boys, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Kanye West...etc or a little thing called Hamilton the musical and then continue to be little a whole genre because you didn't like some overly pop rap song by Nelly or 50-cent or something.

:handclap::handclap:

J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper, Tupac and some Eminem are good ones as well. My two favorite genres are rock and rap. I prefer 60/70s rock

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

J. Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Chance the Rapper, Tupac and some Eminem are good ones as well. My two favorite genres are rock and rap. I prefer 60/70s rock

Or try some Frank Ocean. He has some real smooth tunes & if you just want instrumental I like everything from Kenny G to John Coltrane

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
be careful there, might fall off of your musical high horse

Or try some Frank Ocean. He has some real smooth tunes & if you just want instrumental I like everything from Kenny G to John Coltrane

Walked into CBJ GDT with no expectations.

Walked out with immense respect.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm sure most of the older generations that go to games have a problem with this one too

I'm not a big fan of a lot of new rap, but certain songs have their place. Like I couldn't think of a better song to have played at home after every win while we are one of the hottest teams in the league. I thought it was awesome to see everybody's hands go up after the win the other night.

If anything needs to be changed, it's the damn song after we score. Everyone I know finds that **** so annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad