GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Montreal | 12/23 7PM

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
That one actually confuses the heck out of me, because it's played after every Preds home victory. :) "Wait, which team was I just watching again?"

I'm a 54 year old dude that listens to everything from Tim McGraw to Parliament, but if we could adopt a song like this I think it changes the identity of your organization. It becomes the Mantra, the oath that our team needs to back up on a day in day out basis.

ALL THEY DO IS WIN, Hands go UP!!!!

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
That one actually confuses the heck out of me, because it's played after every Preds home victory. :) "Wait, which team was I just watching again?"

Detroit uses it too. They've been playing it at OHIO Bobcat football games for 2-3 years now. Not original, but I hope to hear it about 30 more times this season.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I'm a 54 year old dude that listens to everything from Tim McGraw to Parliament, but if we could adopt a song like this I think it changes the identity of your organization. It becomes the Mantra, the oath that our team needs to back up on a day in day out basis.

How about 'So Long I Tramp', the Ostrobothian traditional?

So long I tramp this village's road as the soles of my shoes last,
and I will make to love whomever I want to and hags cannot hinder.

As I have a linen foal and buttoned caroche and keep myself hold of the rein.
When you love your equal, you do not have to be fine.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
For the love of Gordie Howe, can we talk about hockey? Music should be discussed on the Rolling Stone fan page.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why there's not much else to talk about right now.

I was actually talking to my buddy I went to the game with and we got to talking about how the Jackets should steal seven nation army from the OSU games to help get people pumped up as they already know it and it would be insanely loud in nationwide. Only problem is people would want to jump around and there's definitely not room for that in the upper bowl.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
If we have resorted to *****ing about the music being played in the arena I guess all is good on the ice. Good problem to have.

Also, DMX is awesome.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
:shakehead

I can't believe you actually had to put the "(c)" before "rap" every single time in your post and put quotes around music.

Try listening to Wu-Tang Clan, Beastie Boys, Nas, A Tribe Called Quest, Kanye West...etc or a little thing called Hamilton the musical and then continue to be little a whole genre because you didn't like some overly pop rap song by Nelly or 50-cent or something.

Everything you named is (c)rap except Beastie Boys...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not sure how rap got brought up in here, but color me a fan of rap. Actually, I like listening to almost every genre of music as long as I'm in the right mood.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not sure how rap got brought up in here, but color me a fan of rap. Actually, I like listening to almost every genre of music as long as I'm in the right mood.

It got brought up because some folks don't like the ruff riders anthem being played during the games.

But I feel like that's out generation though. I listen to nearly everything except metal/screamo and Country.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
I rewatched the last half of this game and I think I was overly harsh. The teams were about even with an edge to Montreal up until the time the Blue Jackets took the 2-0 lead. We weren't getting killed by any stretch. I think after that point the Jackets went into prevent mode and just tried to hang on for dear life to escape with a win before the break.

It was the third tough game in 4 nights and we were spent, but also playing with a multi-goal lead. They were running on fumes so to expect them to go out there and bulldoze Montreal in the third isn't realistic.

Glad the strategy paid off and Bob was Bob.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad