GDT: Game 32: Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What a frustrating game to watch. Hope Leo is back sooner than how it looks.

Fowler need to simplify his game. Feels like he can’t decide what to do so he makes bad decision when pressured. That’s why he stays behind the net for so long.

Fowler's trying to catch his breath b/c he's exhausted from playing too many minutes, night in and night out. That fatigue factor adds up, but he's too nice a player to let the coaches know he's being worn down.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think its important to note that if Fowler is playing 28 minutes, there is a reason for it. Shitty players don't rack up those kinds of minutes. Regardless of how frustrated you may be with him, coaches have trusted him for years to eat those minutes.

The hope is guys like Drysdale, Minty, etc, can step up and help balance out those minutes.

I've said it forever, the problem with Fowler isn't Fowler, it's the position the Org has put him in for the past decade.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I was pissed off I just yelled at my 8 year old son.. apologized to him afterwords. He was bugging me right after the carlsson Injury. I lost my cool.
Those 8 year olds do be annoying. But as someone with a bad temper that tends to snap at the ones I love, this team ain't worth the emotional real estate they're taking right now.

Take time away like that other guy, the poker player that is instead poking his wife now. Bet he had a better night than all of us.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hustling is only going to take us so far. We aren’t going to turn things around until we have a team that plays with more sandpaper and camaraderie. This isn’t happening for a while with our prospects several years away from physical maturity. We are going to see a lot of these bad execution games where we just float around on the outside, but if we played the body with more authority that is how we can overcome an off game by forcing bounces. What an embarrassment.
They were playing that way at the start of the season, then went for a month, then good for a couple of games every 2-3 weeks at this point. Not sure what’s up with the coaching.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Those 8 year olds do be annoying. But as someone with a bad temper that tends to snap at the ones I love, this team ain't worth the emotional real estate they're taking right now.

Take time away like that other guy, the poker player that is instead poking his wife now. Bet he had a better night than all of us.
Yah bro. I was excited getting Mac T and drysdale back. Thinking they would come out flying. The fking play like they could give a less fuk. Sick not this shit. And our gm thinks they are playing great.. fk that.

Reactions: duckaroosky

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
They were playing that way at the start of the season, then went for a month, then good for a couple of games every 2-3 weeks at this point. Not sure what’s up with the coaching.

Newell Brown's existence and continued presence lowers the IQ of everyone in his range 100fold. Like the real-life Orb of Confusion from Spongebob.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
They were playing that way at the start of the season, then went for a month, then good for a couple of games every 2-3 weeks at this point. Not sure what’s up with the coachingwhen
They simply stopped hit and having an aggressive forecheck. The Vatrano line was carrying them early on..now that line is.non existance. Injuries piled up. I keep saying it. When the ducks are hitting. They win.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Hey guys, I couldn't catch the game tonight and the replay doesn't seem to be on Bally's. What did I miss?

Oh.

$%&*
XuV.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ohcomeonref

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I watched a bit of the first period. There was one episode where Jamie made a hit-like play with his shoulder and he seem to froze for a second after that. I hope it was nothing serious. Certainly good to see him finishing the game. Great to have him back.

Also, catched myself thinking – yes, this teams has flaws and lacks some elements here and there, but I still enjoyed watching them which is very different from the past years. Dallas is a great man in my opinion and he certainly had some great qualities, but I'm quite happy with Cronin hehind the bench.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
For some reason, games like tonight feel worse than last year's games.

Just looked at team stats: Flames 44 SOGs, Ducks 27 SOGs. And we get shutout. damn.

Ha, I had a completely opposite convlusion, but also I have not seen many games this year so perhaps I was just too happy to see a game a bit. This horrible differential seems to be outlier this year tho, whereas past years it was constant. Man, that was miserable
Some positives is that our PK unit went 6/7 tonight. That's not bad, which included almost a 6 minute PK.
Lundy coming back should improve it further. Our best PK goal scorer :laugh: his smarts and speed is very useful there

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This season has been worse than last year, at least last year we got to watch consistent promising performances from our young players. Zegras, McTavish and Terry were all good and healthy. This year we just get to see our young stars sit. And play similarly awful, for all but 6 games.

Edit: also less to look forward to in terms of the Draft though that’s not really why it’s so frustrating.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
What's that now, like 15 years running of getting referees provided by the Illuminati? These non-calls are so ridiculous it's gotta be a simulation.

And of course we can't have all of Zegras, McTavish, Carlsson, Terry, Drysdale and Mintyukov playing now can we? Where's Kevin Sawyer when you need him...

Dostal was amazing sans the initial softie.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
as awful as this team was last season, they were still in nearly every game until the very end. this team just doesn't even bother showing up until its too late (if they show up at all)

say what you want about eakins, but it seems like he was better at motivating his guys compared to cronin

Reactions: Ducks DVM

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
You can really see the difference between a Drysdale and a LaCombe on that top pairing. Drysdale really has fantastic instincts. Hoping LaCombe sticks with Gudas so can get a better read on him, certainly he was going up the ice more in the game which was good to see.

Frustrating game and Carlsson injury puts a real damper on things.

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad