GDT: Game 32: Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames, 7pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler nearly played 28 minutes tonight (27:46). There shouldn't be any reason for him to be logging that many minutes.
Ya that’s rediculous…. But I assume they don’t want to push drysdale too hard yet.

He played 10 mins more than any other dmen…. That’s just a bad coaching decision, especially playing from behind.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The real monkey's paw was deliberately tanking for a top draft pick.

But think of all the time he'll have now for strength training or whatever.

Everyday is upper body day.jpg

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ha, I had a completely opposite convlusion, but also I have not seen many games this year so perhaps I was just too happy to see a game a bit. This horrible differential seems to be outlier this year tho, whereas past years it was constant. Man, that was miserable

The high SOGs in the 40s was last year. I believe that was a designed scheme to improve winning when I was tracking the team. Since the team didn't possess talented defensive d-men and a bunch of transitional or offensive d-men, then the team was going to let their best players puck out to help increase the chances of an offensive counter. Our best player last year were our netminders, Gibby, Stolarz, and Dostal.

Ducks 2022-23SOG
Game SetSFSASD
Total
28.4​
39.1​
-10.7​
1 to 25
30.24​
37.8​
-7.6​
26 to 49
28.67​
40.13​
-11.5​
50 to 61 (Around All-star break)
26.55​
43.09​
-16.5​
62 to 82 (TDL +)
25.95​
37.67​
-11.7​
  • SF = Shots For, SA = Shots Against, and SD = Shot Differential

After the TDL, we moved two top-4 D in our system in D Klingberg and D Kulikov. It affected how we played and ramped down the run-n-gun because we didn't have the horses on the backend to implement it.

Ducks 2022-23Splits
Game SetGamesWLOTLPtsPts Pct
Total
82​
23​
47​
12​
58​
35.4%​
1 to 25
25​
6​
16​
3​
15​
30.0%​
26 to 49
24​
9​
13​
2​
20​
41.7%​
50 to 61
12​
5​
5​
2​
12​
50.0%​
62 to 82
21​
3​
13​
5​
11​
26.2%​

As you can see between the two charts, the team improved its winning ways when giving up more shots. It sounded crazy when I was sharing it last year, but maybe the thought can be digested now.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Couple things I haven't seen mentioned.

1. McTavish didn't look 100%. That's probably why they started him on a line with Jones and Leason. I'm as eager to see him back in the lineup as the next guy, but this isn't the season to be rushing him back.

2. I've liked the LaCombe/Gudas pairing in the past, but they (like the rest of the team last night) were way too disjointed. I'd like to see Vaaks draw back in tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath we'll see that.

But yeah, garbage officiating as usual and the Carlsson injury felt like sour vomit on top of that shit sandwich of a game.

2aaprt.gif

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Missed the game. How did Jamie look?

I can't speak to how WELL he played because I was watching most of the game with rage glasses on, but I can tell you watching him skate will make even the most obstinate atheist believe there is a loving God out there. Beautiful, smooth skating.

Reactions: Yemeth

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Couple things I haven't seen mentioned.

1. McTavish didn't look 100%. That's probably why they started him on a line with Jones and Leason. I'm as eager to see him back in the lineup as the next guy, but this isn't the season to be rushing him back.

2. I've liked the LaCombe/Gudas pairing in the past, but they (like the rest of the team last night) were way too disjointed. I'd like to see Vaaks draw back in tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath we'll see that.

But yeah, garbage officiating as usual and the Carlsson injury felt like sour vomit on top of that shit sandwich of a game.

View attachment 788684
I don’t think I said it here, but we were commenting at the game that McTavish was invisible. He was also looking pained at times after a hit or when he had to stand up. Zero chance he’s at 100%.
You do indeed get to see Vaakanainen in…because they broke Gudas on a cheap play at the end of the game.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Him and Dostal were the only bright spots

After last night. Dostal deserves the next start. Game would have been at least 5-0 without him

Dostal is such a question mark for me because (and I haven’t watched the replays) but the two goals he let in looked like complete errors on his part and it took the wind out of our sails immediately.

But then the rest of the game he was solid.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dostal is such a question mark for me because (and I haven’t watched the replays) but the two goals he let in looked like complete errors on his part and it took the wind out of our sails immediately.

But then the rest of the game he was solid.
I think the first goal was redirected…. So prob just a good bounce for them.

The 2nd 1 was just a good shot beating a golaie

Reactions: Deuce22

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I don’t think I said it here, but we were commenting at the game that McTavish was invisible. He was also looking pained at times after a hit or when he had to stand up. Zero chance he’s at 100%.
You do indeed get to see Vaakanainen in…because they broke Gudas on a cheap play at the end of the game.
As if it wasn't obvious enough, Cronin noticeably didn't comment on McTavish when asked about him and Drysdale. Credit to him trying to play through the pain, but I just hope it isn't at the risk of him making the injury worse.

Hold that thought on Vaaks drawing in for SMASH. Good news, if true:

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Cronins comment at the end is exactly what I’ve been saying for a while now. They need to be ok with getting ugly goals. This “pass around the perimeter until we lose the puck” strategy isn’t working.

Reactions: MCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad