Game #31: Kings vs. Canadiens - 12/10/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 6-0!

King RAZZ

Los Cucarachas
Apr 26, 2007
The Roach Motel
razzilla.multiply.com
I thought that I was going to be able to see ONE goal getting back home after work... Hope to catch the third against the Maple Leafs... I KNOW I'll miss the Senators game due to the start time being close to my report time for the kettle... Then the only other game I'll miss outright will be next Saturday (if I forget my phone again...that is...

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Great win! Good to beat the Habs. Was still scared even after it was like 4-0 Kings cuz u never know about them ghosts of Montreal's past coming to spook the Kings. Whoever brought the anti-voodoo should be commended.

Just an observation: The Kings D have played much harder in front for these guys than Quick! I can say they leave Quick out to dry 3-4x a game when he's in net!

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I missed the first period and just saw a replay of the first goal. How did Doughty lose his assist? Even if there was a tip, the Habs never gained possession or even really stopped the puck, was a pretty straightforward pass to Mitchell and then Nolan with the rebound. I would think after review they would add his assist back on.

[nhl]507202[/nhl]

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I love the comments on this thread. All this talk about shutouts, few comments about the six goals scored. Welcome to Kings hockey! :yo:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Fabulous game from everyone! Wish I could go to tomorrow's game but it's on TSN so that works. Intriguing matchup, Bernier vs. Scrivens, Lupul/JvR vs Richards/Carter, and Liewieke will be looking at the Kings and remembering what a great time he had.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I missed the first period and just saw a replay of the first goal. How did Doughty lose his assist? Even if there was a tip, the Habs never gained possession or even really stopped the puck, was a pretty straightforward pass to Mitchell and then Nolan with the rebound. I would think after review they would add his assist back on.

[nhl]507202[/nhl]

Kopi tipped Mitchell's shot.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I just have one complaint about the game tonight. Could we have maybe saved a few of those goals for the rest of the road trip. This was like 2.5 games production. :sarcasm:

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Ban Trolfoli.

Trade Quick.

:laugh: Just couldn't keep the S word out of my post with 5 mins to go. (shutout)

Not sure what's more impressive.

Jones at 0.65 GAA and 2 shutouts in first 3 games in the NHL.

Kings 20th or so offense (will probably move up after tonight) putting up 6 goals against a MTL team that is with Bos/LA in the top 3 for fewest goals allowed. I really hope this production continues.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Certainly helps when you get both the team's first line wingers at your side, especially Williams. Nice to see him get back on track.

But what is really scary is that it hasn't killed the first line. But starting to think maybe put TT with Kopi and get Richards/Carter back together. Carter doesn't seem to be playing as well with Kopi.
It's total armchair GMing but we are winning so who cares right now.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Carter's game is not back too 100%, he looks a little lost at both ends.

But he missed a lot of time.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
NHL tonight noted that this was the 16th straight game where the Kings did not allow a first period goal.
That ties an NHL record.

Great game. That PK in the opening minute and the amazing play by Jones really set the tone. Habs had 7 SOG and got zip.

And that Richards to Kopi goal with 12 seconds left killed the Habs. I was surprised that their coach mentioned that being a 'dagger' post game. I mean shouldn't a team who considers themselves a contender to go deep in the playoffs have some more fight than that? There's 40 minutes left. And he was right, they had nothing from that point on.
I guess there shows where the heart of a champion lies, right? How many times have the Kings come back, fighting for it every shift until it's tied up. Even in more difficult circumstances ,in the playoffs.

Geez, 5 5x5 goals, that's such sweet music.

Take that steam and funnel it right into Toronto. GKG

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
But what is really scary is that it hasn't killed the first line. But starting to think maybe put TT with Kopi and get Richards/Carter back together. Carter doesn't seem to be playing as well with Kopi.
It's total armchair GMing but we are winning so who cares right now.

Are you serious? Kopitar looks like the dynamic offensive machine he should be since he's been paired with Carter.

And honestly, starting to think the eastern conference should be disqualified from competing for the cup this year. The whole conference is a sorry joke.

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
Just back from the Bell Center. OK it's only a regular season game but as a LAK fan since day one and being a Montrealer, this is a moment to enjoy. Many many ghosts have been exorcised (The Forum, The Bell Center).

Habs fans were wondering "Martin who"; 6-0 can appear to be a blowout but if hadn't been for Jones in the first 10 minutes, this game could have been something else. The guy is incredible, so much poise in goal, great positioning. You had the sense nothing was going to go in and a point I was just laughing, it seemed unreal.

This team is at it's pinnacle for the time being. Has to be that way playoff time!

:handclap:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You guys killed my habs. Pizza it is.

Well, see, it's not ALL bad, right? ;)

Seem to just have caught the Habs on a bad night as well as our guys getting up for a big game in a big arena is all it is. Kings got to utilize the size/checking advantage in playing with a lead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad