Game #31: Kings vs. Canadiens - 12/10/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 6-0!

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
KINGS WIN !!!

we_win_cheers_small.jpg
Suck-It.gif
we_win_cheers_small.jpg

white-2.png
KINGS = 6 : 0 = CANADIANS
623.png

(31 gp : 20-7-4 = 44 pts) : 2nd Pacific / 3rd West / 3rd NHL

454960841_slide.jpg

Martin Jones just picked up his SECOND NHL SHUT OUT Victory.
Le' Congrats Le' Martin !!!!

BOXSCORE = http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2013020461
RECAP = http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2013020461
L.A.KingsInsider.com 12/10 Postgame Notes, Gm #31 vs. Montreal Canadians.

1476385_10152284945599239_119804678_n.jpg

3 STARS
1. LAK G
31MiniAwayJones_zpsa92cefbc.png
MARTIN JONES
Saves: 31 SV%: 1.000
2. LAK C
62490t.png
ANZE KOPITAR
G: 1 Shots: 3 A: 1 Hits: 0 PTS: 2 +/-: 2
3. LAK D
6MiniAwayMuzzin_zpsccfa4daf.png
JAKE MUZZIN
G: 1 Shots: 7 A: 0 Hits: 2 PTS: 1 PIM: 0 +/-: 1

[nhl]507091[/nhl][nhl]507202[/nhl][nhl]507208[/nhl][nhl]507254[/nhl][nhl]507277[/nhl][nhl]507283[/nhl][nhl]507358[/nhl]

M. JONES, and SIX goal-scorers lift KINGS past CANADIANS, in 6-0 ShutOut VICTORY !!!

[nhl]2013020461-X-h[/nhl]

Postgame Interview(s)

[nhl]507599[/nhl][nhl]507595[/nhl][nhl]XXX[/nhl]

454951327_slide.jpg

454951321_slide.jpg

454972935_slide.jpg

454972937_slide.jpg

454972951_slide.jpg

454960043_slide.jpg

!!! GO KINGS GO !!!

- UPCOMING SCHEDULE -
PuckU_ScheduleResults_zpsc52fed65.jpg

- Credit KingsKnight for Help on GDT & PGT Graphics -

Last edited:

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
First ever shutout of the Montreal Canadiens by us according to Nick Nickson...

...like ever? :amazed:

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
Really looking forward to our future with Jones, he looks so strong and steady, but still has those moves! Loving him so far.

Great effort by all, hope they saved some for tomorrow.

It's fun breaking win streaks :)

I'm also curious if they might run Jones if he's feeling up for it. He's definitely hot, but it'd be great to see Scrivs vs Bernie. Glad it's not my decision.

Sandino

Feb 3, 2006
That was a clinic. Can't forget to credit Martin Jones in the 1st. Nice job.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
So....is Jones ready for the NHL or not?

;)

When do we play the actual Habs team? I mean it was great to beat their kids but it was a bit unfair.

They need some size over there in Montreal.

Our D looked very good against the speedy little Habs.

Bring it back again tomorrow.

Go Kings Go!

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Wasn't that long ago that the month of December was a graveyard of losses for the Kings. What a franchise we have here in LA now.

TopGunner

Gunning For Playoffs
Oct 8, 2013
Rowland Heights Ca.
Why did Scrivens loose the starting spot? I thought he was good. I'm loving Jones in net, I'm just curious as to why Scrivens has not started lately. Anyone know???

Last edited:

scryan

May 1, 2013
oh hai guiz, I missed the game did anyone score a goal? :sarcasm:

I like in the post game they still say "Kings get on the board first" (and second through sixth...)

Jesus, I really did miss a lot of the game. Was watching DVR feed that froze like 3min to go in the first so I went live when it was still 1-0 to see 5-0.
I figured we must have ran another major power play like we did for the cup.

Gonna have to go back and watch the full game now, I was swearing in the first five minutes we were ****ed. They looked on.

Jones has really looked better with each start, which is awesome considering how he started.
I am definitely more confident in him then Scrivens now. Would be really interesting if Sutter started him tomorrow.
His first game really showed his strength 1 on 1.
His second game showed pretty well that he could handle the game well too, though I was still a little worried about his game reads.
That penalty kill to start the game showed pretty ****ing well he can deal with a scrable. Tracked play very very well just handled it.

scryan

May 1, 2013
Why did Scrivens loose the #1 spot? I thought he was good. I'm loving Jones in net, I'm just curious as to why Scrivens lost the #1 spot. Anyone know???

Sutter, Scrivens, maybe jones... and I bet nothing gets past Mike Richards :sarcasm:

Here are some quotes...
Jones said:
“I had to prepare, either way, so I was able to prepare for the start of the game,†said Jones. “You prepare the same way for every game. You have to be ready to play, all the time.â€
“You can’t afford to come to a game unprepared,†added Jones. “These things happen, whether it’s coming in, halfway through a game, or a last-minute switch. You’ve got to prepare the same way for every game. You can’t afford to throw away points because you’re not prepared to play.â€
Sutter said:
Scrivens was a little dinged up and he didn’t feel right in warm-up
Scrivens said:
Whoever plays—that’s a coaches’ decision, so I’ll leave it at that
http://frozenroyalty.net/2013/12/09/was-la-kings-head-coach-darryl-sutter-messin-with-the-media

FrozenRoyalty.net said:
But Scrivens has been criticized a bit by head coach Darryl Sutter recently, for a drop-off in his play, which apparently played into the decision to give Jones the nod in their last two games. But Sutter never really elaborated on his criticism.
Bill Randford said:
“Movements, no delay in his post-save, having rhythm to the game, just the habits of what you do to get into your spots, [such as] edge control,â€
Randford said:
It’s no different from when Ben was put into the situation to become our number one guy,†Ranford elaborated. “He won three or four in a row, and [I told him that] it’s not about winning. You have to realize that you have to be ready to go for the long haul. It’s not about ‘look what I’ve done now.’ It’s what you need to do to make yourself a consistent and reliable goalie in this league, and if you want to be a number one guy, and have the confidence of your organization, you have to have that consistency, and that detail in your game every night.
FrozenRoyalty.net said:
Ranford indicated that Scrivens’ attention to detail was lacking just a bit prior to their lackadaisical 2-1 loss to Calgary on November 30.
“It was probably previous to that,†said Ranford. “I don’t think [his skills] were necessarily starting to slip. There just wasn’t as much detail, and you don’t want it to snowball. I think he’s on the upswing again, and that’s where we need him to be.â€
http://frozenroyalty.net/2013/12/09...ovides-specifics-on-ben-scrivens-recent-play/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad