Game #31: Kings vs. Canadiens - 12/10/13 - Regulation Shutout Win! 6-0!

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
Feast.jpg

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Just back from the Bell Center. OK it's only a regular season game but as a LAK fan since day one and being a Montrealer, this is a moment to enjoy. Many many ghosts have been exorcised (The Forum, The Bell Center).

Habs fans were wondering "Martin who"; 6-0 can appear to be a blowout but if hadn't been for Jones in the first 10 minutes, this game could have been something else. The guy is incredible, so much poise in goal, great positioning. You had the sense nothing was going to go in and a point I was just laughing, it seemed unreal.

This team is at it's pinnacle for the time being. Has to be that way playoff time!

:handclap:

yes, a moment to enjoy for a long time (that has been a long, long time coming)

It's poetic justice that mont had a chance to score with 10 seconds left but the puck went wide. karma (WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?)

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Didn't get to see the game, because **** finals. Haven't read any of the thread but I'm gonna go ahead and guess we played well. :sarcasm:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
So now we've got two backups who have atleast as many shutouts (each) in a handful of games as Quick has had in the past 2 years :sarcasm:

Jones, while he got bailed out a good number of times in the Islanders game, was absolutely fantastic tonight.

It's a tough call on who starts tomorrow.
It's a Back to back, but Jones is coming off a solid performance, carrying a 2 game shutout streak with him.

I say Bernier vs Scrivens, let's see who got the better goalie in the trade ;)

Last edited:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I made the trip down to MTL for the game (only about a 1.5 hour drive). What a ****show. These are some of the most loyal fans in the world, it was 5-0 and they were still chanting olé olé olé olé. I was surprised at the amount of Kings fan in the stands, I was rocking my purple and gold Mike Richards jersey and gave at least 30 Kings fans daps and high fives. It felt damn good to get a win in Montreal, it's the first time I've ever been to the Bell Center.

The boys played an outstanding game, from top to bottom. That first PK was the difference, if MTL scores there, this is a completely different game. Martin Jones was on his game, he stood on his head in the first and the boys took over from there. Haven't missed a Kings game in Ottawa since 2000, and I don't plan on missing it on Saturday. Love these Canadian road trips, my favourite time of the year.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I made the trip down to MTL for the game (only about a 1.5 hour drive). What a ****show. These are some of the most loyal fans in the world, it was 5-0 and they were still chanting olé olé olé olé. I was surprised at the amount of Kings fan in the stands, I was rocking my purple and gold Mike Richards jersey and gave at least 30 Kings fans daps and high fives. It felt damn good to get a win in Montreal, it's the first time I've ever been to the Bell Center.

The boys played an outstanding game, from top to bottom. That first PK was the difference, if MTL scores there, this is a completely different game. Martin Jones was on his game, he stood on his head in the first and the boys took over from there. Haven't missed a Kings game in Ottawa since 2000, and I don't plan on missing it on Saturday. Love these Canadian road trips, my favourite time of the year.

:yo:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Just wanted to congratulate your team on a great game. Helluva backup goalie you've got! We all knew Montreal's streak had to end eventually and most of us Habs fans are glad it happened against a legitimate top team that we respect.

Until next time!

stonedhenge

Jun 29, 2010
Brown and Stoll are perfect together. Two line killers that negate each other, so the outcome is positive. And Kopitar is playing great with Carter, who makes room for him. Defenders must keep Carter on radar, Brown not so much. Still think King shouldn't play on the first line. Waiting for Bobby Ryan next summer.

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita

you weren't devastated you didn't get to see Lewis? :sarcasm:

Captain Mittens*

Just wanted to congratulate your team on a great game. Helluva backup goalie you've got! We all knew Montreal's streak had to end eventually and most of us Habs fans are glad it happened against a legitimate top team that we respect.

Until next time!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Until next time!

Thanks man!

Polo*

:laugh: hilarious but so far true :help: :biglaugh:

Even though the leafs have the biggest and most loyal fanbase in the league, the ACC is terrible. Its all the suits. Wait til the game and its pretty damn quiet. You get to see the true leaf fans who stand out in the freezing cold in whatever its called by the hundreds and cheer for their team because they cant afford the ridic prices.

also just saw Lupul is back too but I dont think that will matter much with all their other injuries especially with the workhorse phaneuf out.

5-1 kings win imo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2