GDT: Game 31: Habs @ Wild - 7PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Seeing how well Faber is doing just makes me chuckle so hard at this thread from the off season. Don’t mind me, I’m just strongly opinionated :laugh::sarcasm:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm not sure I'd see anything like Brodin's rookie season again.

But Suter never missed a game and finished as Norris runner up(should of won, dont wanna get into it), and Brodin was stapled to him.

I'm not sure where I'm going with that, but damn.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not sure I'd see anything like Brodin's rookie season again.

But Suter never missed a game and finished as Norris runner up(should of won, dont wanna get into it), and Brodin was stapled to him.

I'm not sure where I'm going with that, but damn.

Faber's rookie season is far more impressive than Brodin's, to me. Is Faber as good of a player as Suter was? I don't know, hard to say yes. At the same time, Faber is playing like a 1D right now.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Faber's rookie season is far more impressive than Brodin's, to me. Is Faber as good of a player as Suter was? I don't know, hard to say yes. At the same time, Faber is playing like a 1D right now.
Brodin was 1.5 years younger. Which is why I qualified a bit.

But Faber has excelled without Brodin, while Brodin never had to.

Regardless its semantics, and what Faber is doing is unreal.

Reactions: LachWild925

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Brodin was 1.5 years younger. Which is why I qualified a bit.

But Faber has excelled without Brodin, while Brodin never had to.

Regardless its semantics, and what Faber is doing is unreal.

I considered that too, it's valid. What separates them for me personally is that I can feel comfortable with Faber in any situation you can think of. With Brodin, even if he did have to be the guy at any point, I'd be looking for other options in offensive situations. And still, I would put Faber on the PP before I put present day Brodin there.

Reactions: Slotski and TaLoN

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I considered that too, it's valid. What separates them for me personally is that I can feel comfortable with Faber in any situation you can think of. With Brodin, even if he did have to be the guy at any point, I'd be looking for other options in offensive situations. And still, I would put Faber on the PP before I put present day Brodin there.
Completely agree.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Seeing how well Faber is doing just makes me chuckle so hard at this thread from the off season. Don’t mind me, I’m just strongly opinionated :laugh::sarcasm:

Ehhh, I’ll concede Faber is better than Rossi, Ohgren and Khusnutdinov. I will under no circumstance concede that Faber was a better prospect than Yurov and that was the crux of my strong opinions in that thread. I still think Yurov will be the better player and that’s with Faber exceeding my expectation of being a #3 defenseman. I feel like you don’t realize how good of a prospect Yurov is. Here’s to hoping this is an epic slow burn and that we Wild fans will have 1C Danila Yurov and 1D Broccoli Faber.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

I think in this thread I mentioned how can a guy who wasn’t on the ice for a GA in a 6 game series in the NHL when your team got whooped not be your best prospect? I will always remember Faber saving game 1 in OT on the 2 on 1 against. That’s when I knew.

Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think in this thread I mentioned how can a guy who wasn’t on the ice for a GA in a 6 game series in the NHL when your team got whooped not be your best prospect? I will always remember Faber saving game 1 in OT on the 2 on 1 against. That’s when I knew.
Evason should have started him on the PK #damn

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hello guys, i only had an opportunity to see a few highlights of Faber's play from this season and i do agree he's gonna be a stud. But one question - what about his shot? I know he's a rookie, playing big minutes and in a huge role too, but only one goal (in his first game lol) and that's it. Iirc he was never a huge goalscorer even as a junior but im curious if there's a room for improvement there or he's just pass-first excellent 2-way D on his way and will bring 2-4G/40-50A to the table per season. Kinda like prime Suter, but more mobile i guess.

Lets say its a jinx post and he'll pot one tonite
No need to thanks fellas :popcorn:

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Holy crap. This was a fun game to miss but I've got to sleep as well. I miss a game and Rossi gets 3 points and the Godie-Howe-Hattrick.

BTW is this the "don't f*** with me or my teammates" attitude which Evason was talking of? Could be dangerous if Rossi chooses the wrong goon....

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Incredible game, Rossi came to play tonight you could see that from the first shift. Gordie Howe hattrick was incredible even though the team really struggled to get a handle on the game without Rossi available. Faber unreal.

However the Wild need to find a way to play an unexcited, easy win for once. They are already paying the price of the grind with all the small injuries to their squad. Doubtful you can run on pure „exciting win“ energy for half a season. Right now, drink in the euphoria and ride the wave, but playing all this intense hockey will catch up with them. Fewer penalties, better game and puck management when you have a lead will go a very long way to make this is successful 82 game season.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Fell asleep and missed the 3rd period. Something clearly clicked with Kap the past couple games. Looks like he's hit another gear. Just the way he's skating alone looks different. Kap. Rossi. Boldy. Faber. All factors. Nice to see more than 1-2 draft picks finally panning out after so many misses and 'not quites'.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Incredible game, Rossi came to play tonight you could see that from the first shift. Gordie Howe hattrick was incredible even though the team really struggled to get a handle on the game without Rossi available. Faber unreal.

However the Wild need to find a way to play an unexcited, easy win for once. They are already paying the price of the grind with all the small injuries to their squad. Doubtful you can run on pure „exciting win“ energy for half a season. Right now, drink in the euphoria and ride the wave, but playing all this intense hockey will catch up with them. Fewer penalties, better game and puck management when you have a lead will go a very long way to make this is successful 82 game season.
Playing w/o three front line players was always going to make it hard for us to compete.

Hunt barely played, but was OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad