GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 12/22 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
How are the Pens fans taking this?

Pretty well, actually. There's a handful of "nah, they're still meaningless" types, but by and large folks are more focused on the Pens and what that team can do better rather than trying to dismiss the Jackets.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I thought we were in trouble at the beginning of the first when we were getting out shot like 9-1. But I guess everything turned out ok in the end.

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
As a Pens fan I knew you guys would beat us tonight. I saw how good Bob was in the WCH so picked him up in all my fantasy leagues, and Werenski.

A couple of years back you guys played some incredible hockey in pre-season and yeah I know that doesn't count but I thought it was a sign of things to come.

I know most of u hate us but I'm kinda pleased to see your team playing so well, it's such a beautifully balanced team and over the years you've had so much bad luck with your first round picks that it's about time you had something go your way.

I've got you going all the way this year, and besides my Pens, I really enjoy watching your team play atm.

It's nice to see the Canadian media also grudgingly giving Torts some props after rubbishing his signing for the last 12 months.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I couldn't make out numbers because I had a few beers, everyone looked good. My friends, the Pens fans, weren't happy.

I will be sore from having to stand/sit for three goals in less than a minute

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch this game. I was at dinner the whole time, and I checked once there. Saw we were down 1-0 and getting outshot like 10-1. Checked when I got home and it was 6-1. Absolutely glorious.

Also, who knew that Hartsy had that kind of speed in him?! That was a ****ing awesome goal.

Hipster Letestu

Aug 2, 2009
Westerville
Best Blue Jackets game I've ever attended. First 10 minutes were the Penguins throwing everything at us and it just wasn't enough. I'm sure Letang would have helped them, but I don't think he makes enough of a difference to stop that onslaught. I'm not sure if Malkin is hurt, he took a pretty hard hit early in the game and really wasn't a factor. The crowd was great, awesome chants and loved the constant booing of Crosby. If the team keeps this up that place will sell out most games from here out.

The Four Seven

You encountered Negative Man!
Feb 3, 2009
Central Ohio
Yes. Indeed it was. I'll yell crap about someone else's team, but I won't insult their city.

I took it to mean Pittsburgh as in the team and not the city itself. Though I'm sure if you asked some of the people at the game you'd get a different answer :snide:

Who even is that? Have they ever heard of a shift key? His Twitter reads like baby's first meme account.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Leaned on my remote and missed the end of the game on the re-air. Now I have to wake up at 7:30 AM to see the end of the next re-air.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
While this site isn't a crystal ball, some amazing probabilities-with some degree of accuracy in all likelihood-to chew on:

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

CBJ chances of making playoffs: 99.9%

CBJ chances of winning President's Trophy (most points):55.6%

CBJ chances of winning Stanley Cup: 22.7%.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Guess who's throwing a hissy fit on Twitter right now?

https://mobile.twitter.com/twolinepass?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

That moron. He must have had some sort of run in with Torts, because his saltiness towards the Jackets is absurd. Explain away, Lambert! Doesn't make you any less wrong! Go Jackets.

Ryan lambert‏ @twolinepass
crybaby columbus fans who can't conceive of a universe in which the team scores on fewer than 1 in 8 shots make themselves very easy to mute

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Ghought I'd come in say damn the blue jackets been playing some fun and solid hockey.

Really like how the team is built.

I'm gunna go back to sulkingnow

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
As to Sullivan being pissed at Torts for putting his #1 PP unit out with a big lead. According to Davidge post-game, Sullivan did that same thing to the CBJ last season, so it was a tit-for-tat. According to Bill, they are very good friends.

Soooooooooooooooooo nice to see all the Pens fans sitting on their hands pretty much the entire game.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
How are the Pens fans taking this?

it's only one game in december, so it's not a big deal really. but columbus is a good team, and as a fan of the team back when they had players like marc denis, this success is good to see.

we'll see you in the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad