GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. Pittsburgh | 12/22 7PM

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I can't recall being so excited for a regular season game as I am for tomorrow.... It will be a sellout, scalpers will make big time bucks.....

That said, it's a long season and tomorrow is just another game... :)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I can't recall being so excited for a regular season game as I am for tomorrow.... It will be a sellout, scalpers will make big time bucks.....

That said, it's a long season and tomorrow is just another game... :)

I'm jacked for tomorrow. I'm going to need to buy more beer lol.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm jacked for tomorrow. I'm going to need to buy more beer lol.

I'll be at the first leg of the CBJ/Sabre home on home in C-bus Friday March 10th.... I'll buy you a cocktail of your choice if we can link up....

In the morning I'm heading to Buffalo to troll the Sabre fans in Club level.... :)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I'll be at the first leg of the CBJ/Sabre home on home in C-bus Friday March 10th.... I'll buy you a cocktail of your choice if we can link up....

In the morning I'm heading to Buffalo to troll the Sabre fans in Club level.... :)

I wish. I'll probably be here in the NC. But I plan on making it to the playoffs somehow. I'm going to start saving my money now lol.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Just got back...

Holy s**t. I didn't see that coming.

Yes, we'd won ten in a row. But in the last two or three, we looked like we were cruising for a bruising. We were flying so high, with a chance to jump to the top of the league standings AT HOME against the team we probably hate the most at the moment... It just felt like the waitress was going to bring the reality check to the table tonight.

Instead, we took the Penguins to the cleaners.

Folks, THIS IS NOT A DRILL. I think in the back of our minds, we've been waiting for things to normalize. But this team is for real, gang.

We've probably scored four or five goals in the last week alone on the same play: Get it down low on the power play to the goalie's left, send it across the crease, and have someone tap it home on the other side. It's becoming our bread and butter play.

Hartnell: Awesome. Three goals, all differently. A blazing speed move with a deke on the goalie, a slapshot, and a sharp-angle snipe.

And let's not lose sight of the fact that we held Pittsburgh to only 26 shots in this game.

Maybe the best part: We booed Crosby all night long, we were chanting "we want seven" and then "we want eight", and at the end, "Pittsburgh sucks." We finally have a team good enough for us to be d**ks. I'm loving life.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
Back from the game and haven't sifted the GDT.

Did anyone grab a gif of Brandon Saad's goal celebration? He mouths a very clear "boom" that would be pretty epic if captured.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
How are the Pens fans taking this?

It was game seven of the Stanley Cup for us and we won't do crap in the playoffs if we even get there.

I don't care about this. There are some posters on this board that don't ever want to see any success from our team. There are some that have been giving our team kudos. Reality is they haven't won anything. This is how rivalries are formed. This is what we all want. Rivals. Teams that hate us. For that to happen we have to win a playoff series for this to happen. This is a good start tho. No team likes to get embarrassed. Crosby didn't seem to think it was very amusing.

The NHL Network had a segment on the game and the team. They are happy for us, the fans, who have been very patient and deserve this.

They understand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad