GDT: Game 30: Flames @ Wild - 7PM Central / 3AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Johnny hockey's goal in the shootout was complete bs... he skated and pulled the puck backwards.

The Emma gif though holds true through yet another tough test!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
That was an ugly win. They really had no business even being in the game. The game felt like it should have been 3-0 after the 1st. The 2nd and 3rd were a little more even, but the Flames still had the better of the play. They just couldn't hit an open net to save their lives. The last half of OT was fun to watch.

I guess the law of averages is finally working in the Wild's favor during OT.

I liked Koivu going back to his normal move, he just hit the pipe. Stewie is gold in the SO for some reason. Granny went simple and finally scored in a SO.

That was a sick goal from Gaudreau, not sure if it was legal, but crazy good. The guys in Tor probably just gave it to him because it was so creative.

I couldn't tell what line was the 4th line last night, maybe all 4 lines?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
fugly win i'll take the 2 points but we have to start playing better than that. what did we have like 1 shot on goal in the 1st? terrible. great shootout , not good win.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully they up their effort level for tomorrow, I'll be at the X!

It can't be worse than the other game I went to this year, the loss against Vancouver. Honestly the worst hockey game I've ever attended live. Walking out of the X that night was the first time that I truly regretted going to a hockey game. It was that bad. So I guess I can only go up from that. :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
my worst ever game i can remember was new years eve vs LA kings several years ago, we lost 4 zip. some wild fans invited me to an after party and i just called it a night i was so bummed out.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Hopefully they up their effort level for tomorrow, I'll be at the X!

It can't be worse than the other game I went to this year, the loss against Vancouver. Honestly the worst hockey game I've ever attended live. Walking out of the X that night was the first time that I truly regretted going to a hockey game. It was that bad. So I guess I can only go up from that. :laugh:

Imagine traveling from Finland to St. Paul to watch hockey, just to see the team shit the bed vs the Jets.

Good times. :laugh:

Reactions: gphr513

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Classic Stewie line.
In a shootout win last month against Colorado, Boudreau said Stewart, who ended up scoring, eyeballed him, so he was scared not to use him.
This time, “I went over to that corner and he said, ‘When am I going: 1, 2, or 3?’” Boudreau said. “I figured I've got to put him in then.”

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
only thing i've got comparible is i planned an az winter vaca around a wild game in az. i got the time mixed up and the stadium would only sell me a full price ticket even though i missed the entire 1st period. i walked to the bar & watched the wild win but still very disappointed. i was planning on catching a scalper since almost nobody goes to those games.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I know there was the long-road trip excuse, but the forwards (without Parise, Ennis, Pominville, Haula, etc.) looked like a Wild team of old. Grinding bottom-6 and a plodding top-6. At least Cullen got that goal, which was huge.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stewart....words fail. What a weird, weird, player he is. Good to see Grunlicky score, too.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I kept thinking to myself last night while watching the game and again this morning how nice it is to have a competent back-up G again. I don't feel like I need to hold my breath when Dubs isn't playing and feel that Stalock can handle himself well in all situations.

I never disliked Kuemps personally, I'm glad to see him doing well in LA.

Reactions: 57special

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Imagine traveling from Finland to St. Paul to watch hockey, just to see the team **** the bed vs the Jets.

Good times. :laugh:

This is the reason I don't attend a lot of games. I can think of better ways to spend $150 that won't make me sad. :laugh:

Reactions: Lapa

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
OMG..he wasn't even a good HS goalie. Get Jesus Brodin in there!

I was in the stands and explaining the whole emergency aspect to my buddy and we googled Beaupre. My first thought was that there has to be a former college goalie (not Club) that still lives in town. I guess it would be tough to get 4 goalies like that however, as they rotate 4 emergency tenders.

Most boring game of the year for me. Glad we got the W.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was in the stands and explaining the whole emergency aspect to my buddy and we googled Beaupre. My first thought was that there has to be a former college goalie (not Club) that still lives in town. I guess it would be tough to get 4 goalies like that however, as they rotate 4 emergency tenders.

Most boring game of the year for me. Glad we got the W.

Ya, he wasn't even starter at Edina, I don't think. Didn't they face a similar situation a couple/few years ago, and they got an equipment manager or someone to fill in as the back up? It might've been during the Kuemper, Backstrom, Harding, Bryz days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad