vgfzGmb.png

58MDtka.png

:flames
SEgFBTx.png

wiA8cmH.png

ncjtcwl.png

The essentials

Who:
Calgary Flames (16-12-2) at Minnesota Wild (15-11-3)
Puck drop: 7:08 p.m. CT

The opponent

Winners of two consecutive games, the Calgary Flames come to St. Paul following two days off since their last game, a 4-2 win against the Vancouver Canucks. The game marks the only contest away from the Scotiabank Saddledome before the Flames return home for two more games.
Minnesota won the only previous meeting between the teams this season, a 4-2 victory in Calgary on Oct. 21. Chris Stewart, Ryan Suter, Jared Spurgeon and Daniel Winnik scored goals for the Wild, Suter also had two assists, and goaltender Alex Stalock made 35 saves.
Calgary's line featuring Johnny Gaudreau and Sean Monahan has been lethal this season; Gaudreau leads the club with 37 points, while Monahan has a team-best 17 goals.
Goaltender Mike Smith has carried the load this season, starting 26 games and going 13-9-2 with a 2.68 goals-against average and a .918 save percentage.

Home-ice advantage

Minnesota has points in six straight games at Xcel Energy Center, registering a 5-0-1 record since Nov. 14 -- its longest point streak on home ice since going 8-0-0 Nov. 23-Dec. 29, 2016. Minnesota has posted five power-play goals on 17 opportunities (29.4 percent) in those games while going 17-for-18 (94.4 percent) on the penalty kill.
Overall, Minnesota has points in 11 of its past 15 games, posting a 10-4-1 record since Nov. 9.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Where do you find the jersey/lineup pictures for your GDTs? I like them.

The Flames are one of the teams I just don't like. There's no reason for it either. If I'm just watching a random game, I end up rooting against them. I really like Tkachuk, he's the reason I'll turn their games on.

It should be a good game tonight. These two teams always seem to play a physical game against each other. The penalties need to be even tonight, not a 2:1 against the Wild if they want to win.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Haha yeah, whenever I complain about 9pm start times I immediately feel like a dick, thinking about our Finnish brothers on HFWild. :laugh:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well i hope we can keep it going and bank 2 points tonight. flames always give max effort against us. should be a good game if the refs let us play!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Haha yeah, whenever I complain about 9pm start times I immediately feel like a dick, thinking about our Finnish brothers on HFWild. :laugh:
I definitely prefer the 9pm starts, which is 5 am here. :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He did have surgery and is doing juuuuust fine this year.

Moving to MN in February from Calgary so here's to a good game tonight! Hopefully its not a snooze fest.

He had surgery? I didn't know that, I guess the slashes were harder than they seem in the video.
Good to hear he's doing fine.

Here's to a good game tonight.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Moving to MN in February from Calgary so here's to a good game tonight! Hopefully its not a snooze fest.
The only thing worse than moving is moving in the middle of winter. Godspeed, man.

Edit: Er...Gaudspeed? I don't understand Canadian English.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
He had surgery? I didn't know that, I guess the slashes were harder than they seem in the video.
Good to hear he's doing fine.

Here's to a good game tonight.
Yeah ended up missing about 10 games. This year he is having his best year ever. On pace for 100 points, but has been quiet past few games. Maybe he is saving it for tonight. Flames are a quite better on the road.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Nice. Out of curiosity, what brings someone to MN from Calgary, business?

Last time Calgary was in town, I saw a group of guys at Mall of America wearing Flames gear so I talked to them. They had driven all the way, like 18 hours IIRC.

They were cool guys, so ever since then I've been ok with Calgary. :laugh:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Nice. Out of curiosity, what brings someone to MN from Calgary, business?

Last time Calgary was in town, I saw a group of guys at Mall of America wearing Flames gear so I talked to them. They had driven all the way, like 18 hours IIRC.

They were cool guys, so ever since then I've been ok with Calgary. :laugh:
Wife is from MN so making the move over. The drive is 18-20 hours and unless you go through Montana, there is nothing but flat field.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Just noticed Mikko has no points in 7 games, along with that 20-game goalless streak. He really needs to get going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->